+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Dustin: Kandice, come on!!
    Kandice: ...I'm right here.
    Heh.

FORT Fogey
    I agree. I could never stand Mirna but I really liked Charla.

This time it looks like she got the same "we are holier than all others" attitude from Mirna.

Charla and Mirna were my favorite team from season 5 while Dustin and Kandice were my favorites last season. I didn't get the whole scene with them though, like Kandice said they Mirna is abrasive

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    All four women together = too much estrogen.

I think both teams could have handled it better. But why on earth did D/K stop if not to get directions? They wouldn't have stopped if C/M had a flat tire. I still think it was mooching, even though it's a race and they can do whatever they want to get ahead.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten1526;2256301;
    All four women together = too much estrogen.

I think both teams could have handled it better. But why on earth did D/K stop if not to get directions? They wouldn't have stopped if C/M had a flat tire. I still think it was mooching, even though it's a race and they can do whatever they want to get ahead.
    To be fair... they were just asking for directions from a taxi driver who is NOT just Charla and Mirina... They weren't mooching, in fact they tried to HELP them and Charla and Mirina wouldn't hear of it.

I am glad Drew and Kevin are gone they annoyed me the first season and they annoyed me now. It was really pitifull the horrendous shape the two of these guys were in. They are only 42 yrs old and I was afraid one of them would have a heart attack.

I like Rob and Amber's strategy is that it is us and the course and they don't worry about the other teams although the other teams sure worry about them.

Mary is an idiot to think that during the race Mirna and Charla would wait for them. This is a race not "idiots r us" didn't she learn that last time?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    Yes, I think Rob and Amber are doing good... but their strategy stuck me as what will bring their downfall. If they don't worry about the other teams, I think they will get behind thinking they are ahead and lose.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2256313;
    To be fair... they were just asking for directions from a taxi driver who is NOT just Charla and Mirina... They weren't mooching, in fact they tried to HELP them and Charla and Mirina wouldn't hear of it.
    The taxi drive wouldn't have been there if C/M wouldn't have asked. Personally, I think that's just as bad as eavesdropping.

Rob and Amber surprised me because I counted a number of times where they actually helped other teams.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret;2256245;
    Part of what is so irritating about Mirna, though this time it's actually more pronounced, is that she's such a damn drama queen and always wants to come across as some sort of martyr.
    Perfect word to describe Mirna - martyr! Both her & Charla (and Mary) seem to be seeking out reasons to be pitied and pointing out all the ways the other teams sabotage their every move. Like they're the best racers ever and the other teams even give them a second thought.

I laughed through most of this episode. Between their (Charla, Mirna, Mary) dramatics and rooting for Kevin & Drew (even though I predicted their elimination at the beginning ) I was thoroughly entertained. I loved K&D the first time around and while Kevin did everything he could to carry the team you could tell Drew's heart wasn't in it. It's a shame because they were such great personalities to watch their season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256316;
    I am glad Drew and Kevin are gone they annoyed me the first season and they annoyed me now. It was really pitifull the horrendous shape the two of these guys were in. They are only 42 yrs old and I was afraid one of them would have a heart attack.

Mary is an idiot to think that during the race Mirna and Charla would wait for them. This is a race not "idiots r us" didn't she learn that last time?
    You'd think if David/Mary were as big of fans of C/M and the race as they claim they'd be wise to those two. I love C/M to death and hate Kentucky, but those two will rely on an alliance or help only if it benefits them and will do everything in their power to prevent anyone else from getting ahead of them or helping them (unless you have a situation like Mirna vs. Colin again). I do respect that strategy to a point, and Mary should take a lesson. I'm willing to bet that bad luck aside from another team, Kentucky is the next to go. I just don't think they can handle it. I'd like to ask who exactly Mary has helped the last two races because it seemed more the other way around. The Chos would have done much better had they not been waiting for the dragging Bama or Kentucky. They gave the meaning to backpack. And I hardly doubt it'll be the last time she helps anyone.

So I got caught up on TAR because the Oscars seemed even more boring. Ouch to Kevin/Drew. Why on earth did they come back? I love those two but I hate the fact that they took a spot away from someone else, and especially that JV/Jill could have outlasted them and actually wanted to be there. Their elimination still breaks my heart I will miss the frats, though, their misery aside. They kind of remind me of Rudy and Sue during Survivor; it probably seemed like a good idea at the time but once they got going they wondered what they were thinking. Right now I'm hoping it's a final three of Charla/Mirna, Oswald/Danny, and Dustin/Kandice, and I don't care who of the other four teams comes in behind them.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-25-2007 at 10:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread