+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

Teri and Ian

From the official TAR 3 website:

Teri and Ian have been married for 21 years. They met more than 22 years ago when Ian's mom played matchmaker and set them up on a date. As soon as they met, Teri and Ian instantly hit it off and were married a year later.

Currently living in Palm City, Florida, Ian, 50, is a retired police commander and private investigator and Teri, 49, is a homemaker. Both have done quite a bit of traveling over the years and have experienced their share of adventure and frustration on the road. One time in particular, the two were separated while vacationing in Bangkok. As Ian spent the day worrying about his wife's whereabouts, Teri went sightseeing and thoroughly enjoyed herself. Needless to say, Ian was not too happy when they were finally reunited at the end of the day. Says Teri, "He should have had enough faith in me to know that I could take care of myself!" On another vacation in Belize, Ian recalls how Teri saved his life. While scuba diving, Ian became disoriented and Teri saved him from ascending too quickly. Thankfully, Teri was right by his side. "She was totally there when I needed her," he says.

As they prepare to take on this latest challenge, Teri and Ian are hoping to set a good example for their two sons, Brandon, age 10 and Seth, age 16, and Ian's son, Eric, age 24, and are looking forward to adventure, competition, fun and winning the million dollar grand prize!

Teri's birth date is December 31. Ian's birth date is February 5.

Q & A:

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Teri: I feel I have done a fair amount of travel in the past, and have always had a wonderful time.
    Ian: I'm well traveled; however, not in a race-type experience. I have been very lucky to be able to travel to many interesting places: Middle East, Orient, Africa, Europe, etc.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Teri: The part of traveling I find most stressful is the plane.
    Ian: I guess the transportation part is a bit of a hassle, but if you want to experience different cultures, etc., you have to deal with it.

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Teri: I can't determine what is the most important. I can't think of anything to remove to make the load lighter. Therefore no one thing is really most important.
    Ian: Dry socks, and underwear for if these items are dry, all else can be dealt with.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Teri: I have watched the first two installments and thought (with family support) that we would be great and have a terrific time!
    Ian: The challenge, adventure, and of course, the money!

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    Teri: Yes, we have been married for 21 years and have done a lot of traveling. We have had a great time seeing the world and sharing great experiences.
    Ian: Yes, many times. It's been fun and it's been stressful, but it's always been together, which is and was great.

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Teri: The thing I fear the most is being eliminated before the final leg. In other words, not winning!
    Ian: There is nothing to fear but losing!

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Teri: I bring stability to our Team. I take the time to assess and analyze. I may be a tad tearful, but this is overcome-able.
    Ian: Strengths: focus, direction, experience; weaknesses: sometimes attitude, and overcontrolling.

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
    Teri: My teammate brings his astute powers of observation, a keen sense of determination and the ability to always help me do my best.
    Ian: She is my rock, but she can really get difficult.

What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
    Teri: I will miss my children, Seth and Brandon. I will also miss the rest of my family.
    Ian: My three boys.

What languages do you speak?
    Teri: English.
    Ian: A little Thai and, of course, English.

What destination are you hoping to visit?
    Teri: Any exciting and exotic place will do.
    Ian: Antarctica, to do an ice dive--in a dry suit, of course.

What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Teri: Countries where they speak and understand English the best.
    Ian: Anywhere the adventure takes me; I love adventure travel.

Last edited by cali; 09-14-2002 at 01:07 PM.

I always want to cheer for the married couple. I hope they do well, and I hope I like them
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I hope they are like Dave and Margaretta, they always had so much respect for others and themselves.
    I'm hoping they won't be like Cyndi and Russel who I found rather annoying.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I liked Dave and Margaretta too. He treated her so sweet and with so much respect.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    Did anyone else find it a little odd how Ian's oldest son is so specifically segregated from being counted as one of "their" children after 21 years of marriage? I wonder if he never got along with his "step-mom" when I'd hope by this time she'd consider him another son instead of a step-son.
    Teri: I will miss my children, Seth and Brandon. I will also miss the rest of my family.
    Ian: My three boys.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Hmmm, interesting.
    Seems like a cruel thing for her to say.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm not digging these two yet either, which is disapointing, as I want to root for a long-time married couple.
    I am so curious to know what happened to their donkey cart driver

Yeah, what happened with that? I was wondering the same thing myself.

JR.
    Originally posted by cali
    I'm not digging these two yet either, which is disapointing, as I want to root for a long-time married couple.
    I am so curious to know what happened to their donkey cart driver
    Maybe he didn't like them either.

LMAO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast