+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

LG.
    My prediction, Teri and Ian FF in Ep. 4, here to stay

As I stated in another thread, I want to go on record in Teri and Ian's thread in predicting that they will get the FF tonight (ep 4), which will give them a second chance in the game. I think they will go pretty far and that they will be edited to have a dramatic change in their behavior towards each other (ie, it will become more respectful and team-like) because I really think they've gotten some selectively edits snippets so far. Just a hunch.

I'll stop by tomorrow to eat crow if necessary.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I finally saw a trailer for hte show last night.
    Ian looked "up for it" shall we say.

He certainly seemed to have a new lease on life and wanted very much to stay in the running.
    He seemed very determined.
    Not sure what else he gets up to, but Aaron did call him "an ugly American" (or some such phrase).
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm still undecided on these 2. Ian is out of control, but just when I hate him, he's urging his wife to go on, to "stay in the game".

Have to respect a guy for stopping a soccer ball from a 17-year-old Portuguese kid, and for trying to stay positive.

It's the way he urges Teri on. Like he's a Marine Corp drill sargeant. At least last night I felt like i could see a little love, but I still don't dig him

Aaron calling him an ugly American was a bit much, especially if he knows and doesn't care about the eagles begging for money (even if that was done in the states).
    I did cringe though, when he yelled "GOD BLESS AMERICA" while standing in Portugal with what looked to be a Portuguesse sailor....
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think they did a great job last night.
    There were a couple of equalisaton points admittedly, but this was a very physical leg, lots of walking, I think they did a great job to make up so many places.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    It's the way he urges Teri on. Like he's a Marine Corp drill sargeant
    I do believe I heard him say "hooyay" last night which is the war cry of the US Navy SEALS. Which if true, would pretty much effectively kill my theory on all SEALS (which you all know )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Ya know, I just re-read their bio and interview, and here's something interesting:

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Teri: I bring stability to our Team. I take the time to assess and analyze. I may be a tad tearful, but this is overcome-able.
    Ian: Strengths: focus, direction, experience; weaknesses: sometimes attitude, and overcontrolling.

I think they're well aware of their behaviors, which I see as a plus at least. Knowing is half the battle.

Good point John.

I don't think I've seen Teri get teary at all so far.

They really did do well last night.
    I just hope I can warm to them more over the course of the race as I would really like to see an older couple do well.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    I never need to hear another damn "ho-yaaah" for the rest of my life, after 4 years in Minnesota with IDIOT GOVERNOR Jesse "I WAS A NAVY SEAL" Ventura. :rolleyes
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

My wife and I just think Ian's too rough on Teri most of the time. However, like John said, at least they know each other's strengths and weaknesses. When I got engaged, my dad gave me great advice: "Do what works for you." Maybe that's what works for those two. It's not great to watch, but maybe that's how they operate, you know?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread