+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

Princess
    I was really annoyed hearing him say that hundreds of thousands Vietnameses "didn't die in vain".

I think the ghost of the war really hit home with Ian, and it had him in a haze this episode. He was very nice to everyone...I think he was just too deep in thought to get stressed out.

I'm glad they made the final 3, though. I still don't want them to win, but these two have shown their mettle through the whole race. They can beat Flo & Zach, who have whimpered and whined their way through the race on coattails.

FORT Fan

Totally agree

Teri and Ian did very well in this leg. They didn't even waste any time. It was just a straight road to the pit stop. One thing that I like Ian gradually is that he is really gentleman when he approached the Pitstop. He always held hand with Teri and then they stepped on the mat together. For the lastest leg, if you watch carefully enough, he bowed to let Teri go on the mat first. This is so sweet. Indeed I don't mind he yells as there are many hongkong people do the same, some even worse than him (sigh!!). Maybe this is the culture thing.

I dislike Flo more. She is totally spoiled and I don't know why she is selected for the game. (Maybe she showed another face in front of the interviewer). For Flo and Zach, they quarrel more than before as it is seen that Zach cannot stand her anymore. I also think that Zach even doesn't mind the game :nono

Personally, I hope Ken and Gerard win but if they switch detour again, the winner may go to other teams.

Last edited by tokimeki; 12-12-2002 at 09:28 AM.

talkin' all that Jazz
    i agree with you modesty! i was so irritated when he said that! its not fair! Argghh!

Originally posted by Modesty
    I was really annoyed hearing him say that hundreds of thousands Vietnameses "didn't die in vain".
    I did not see that, but I know my father(who was a medic in Vietnam) would be so ashamed. Poor form Ian.

Princess
    He said it when they were going in a cab somewhere. Actually I think what he said was much worse than that, but since I didn't take notes I didn't want to put something in his mouth that he didn't say.

OK, don't bash me...
    War is awful, and to a certain extent all those that die, die in vain (yes, war does get one side or the other what they "want", but still....)
    ANYWAY... I wasn't put off by Ians remark. I think he feels that fighting, and dying, for what you believe in is never to fight in vain. I think he saw it as a compliment to the people.
    Yes, the war in Vietnam, was very different from other wars in many respects, and many say that no-one won, meaning of course they did die in vain, but I would have thought it tackier for him to verbalize it that way to be honest.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I also didn't find it bad. He was talking about how the country has changed since he was there 30-some years ago, and the awful things he had seen...He said that 57,000 american soldiers died in that conflict, and several hundred thousand vietnamese, and that they didn't die in vain.

I fail to see what's wrong with that? The country is now undivided, and safe enough for the producers to shoot a leg of the race there...That tells me that they HAVE come a long way in a short time, and in no small part by the sacrifice made by thousands of people, both American and Vietnamese.

I didn't have a problem with him saying it either.
    Admittedly I'm not American so the war didn't really touch me.

I agree with what you are saying on the subject John.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I didn't have a problem with it either. It looked like Ian wiped some tears when he was in the car while we heard that comment that he made. I agree with what John said.

Nobody wants to see war, but sometimes it is a necessary evil to bring unity. That's the sad reality.

+ Reply to Thread