+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Teri and Ian

Hi zman.

They've certainly done themselves proud in what was looking to become a young person's race.

I think most of us hope they do well for that reason but would like Ian to tone it down a little.

They're certainly giving up with the physical demands of the race very well.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Hi Zman

Welcome to the FORT! It's great here because everyone has their own opinions and expresses them in intelligent and thoughtful ways!

I don't personally care for this team, but am impressed that they have made it this far.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I rewatched an episode I had forgotten I taped.
    It's really hard to see Ian snapping at Teri and blaming her for every little thing.

I think they're doing a great job overall, but I just wish there was a little more respect in their team.
    "That's Numberwang!"

My sentiments exactly, Fluff...

The only thing about them that really got to me was when Ian was yelling at the taxi driver to stay there and at Jill. He could have just said,"I'm sorry. I had this taxi. Would you mind getting another?" It'd be a lot more friendly and less rude. Oh well!

Okay, this really peeved me tonight. Ian is apparently allowed to do whatever he wants, say whatever he wants, yell at whomever he wants, but if Teri tries to make a point in disagreement with him, he says "don't berate me, Teri!"

WTF?

Props to them for being the oldest pairing to make it this far in the game, and for being first, but really, I haven't heard Ian show ONE OUNCE of decency to anyone in this entire frickin' game!

Just ONCE, I'd like to see him say something nice to his wife on camera.

I think that Teri and Ian are the real parents of Jerry Seinfeld (sp). The way Seinfeld acts in the AmEx commercials makes him seem like a chip off the old block (Ian).

The way Ian treats Teri just seems to get worse every week. When he told her to "COME" you would have thought he was talking to his disobedient dog.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be their turn to go next week.

Btw - couple of silly questions

What does "props" stand for?
    How do you use/make an avatar?

When he told her to "COME" you would have thought he was talking to his disobedient dog.
    I thought the exact same thing, MrsJC2. He really treats her like crap, until she tells him she's had enough, then he's smart enough to shut his yap for a couple of seconds.

"props" is slang for (I don't know exactly, but I'll take a guess) "giving someone proper recognition". You know, a good thing deserves props. It's a "good job".

For avatars...Click on the "user cp" button at the top of the page. Then click on "options", and scroll way to the bottom of the page, and click on the Avatar button. There, you can choose from one of about 200 stock avatars, or use your own from the internet or your computer (125x125 is the maximum size, it'll tell you if it's too big). If you need more help, just click on "pm" right under any of my messages, and send me a message.

Thanks for the info John

I'm basically pc illiterate (know just enough to be dangerous) and using a Mac laptop at home I know just enough to use the e-mail and browser.

My husband is the resident expert so I'll get him to help me with the avatar thing in the morning.

Back on topic, has anyone seen Teri and Ian be helpful or at least pleasant to any of the other teams? I wonder what the other teams thing about Ian's behaviour. I must say he surprised me tonight when asking for directions (in French) and thanking someone for the info. Must have been a weak moment

Yeah, Ian just keeps getting worse every episode. The good thing is that Teri has been standing up to him more than in the beginning. They are, however, very competitive, and I have to hand it to them for beating John Vito and Jill during the FF.

I liked Teri's comment, "When push comes to shove, we shove together". It seems they know each other very well.

+ Reply to Thread