+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe and Bill - All Stars

Joe and Bill - All Stars

Joe - 56, Laguna Niguel, CA, Owns a mineral trading company
    Bill - 53, Laguna Niguel, CA, Realtor
    Season 1 3rd place

"Team Guido," the avid adventurers from Season 1, return for another attempt at the $1 million prize. Claiming they've had their bags packed since they returned home from the first season, they are ready to go! Admittedly, one of the most conniving teams in the history of Race, "Team Guido" were the masters of the old-school strategy and successfully outplayed most of their former competitors.
    Although Joe has done really well for himself professionally, his reason for returning to Race is to win so that he and Bill can retire and never have to work again.
    He describes himself as loyal, intelligent and responsible. He also claims that the biggest difference between Bill and himself is that he saves more money while Bill is a spender. Bill on the other hand describes himself as meticulous and upbeat, claiming that his biggest fear is heights and looking terrible on national television. After 20 years, Bill and Joe remain committed and enjoy life to the fullest. One question remains though... After being away from the game for so long, do they have what it takes to compete against the best racers of all time?

They were sometimes crafty but I enjoyed watching them all the same!

"TEAM GUIDO"!!!

um... why were they called Team Guido anyway???

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2216336;
    They were sometimes crafty but I enjoyed watching them all the same!

"TEAM GUIDO"!!!

um... why were they called Team Guido anyway???
    They named themselves that after their dog I'm also glad to see the first TAR villians back. They're more love to hate now, especially compared to some villians (or wannabe villians) but I still get that feeling every time I watch the first season, where I just have pure hate and can't wait to see them get eliminated. But seeing them get stuck in Alaska, coining the term 'being Guidoed' was a great ending I admire that they never gave up, even when they were a full day behind Rob/Brennan and Frank/Margarita.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    It should be interesting to watch them.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Yeah, the original TAR villains is exactly what they are. This is a team I did love to hate, and enjoyed seeing their smugness countered and assaulted so often. And I was glad to hear Bill admit in his TAR video at the CBS site that he was wrong in some of the things he did, and admit that he had issues that needed to be dealt with. So although I'll still be rooting for their elimination (they are, after all, still too smug and self-righteous), they do belong in this season we're stuck with.

But Bill... please... the hair. Dye it all one color or highlight it or something, but that grey on the bottom, dark on top just isn't working for you. It didn't in season 1, and still doesn't.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar
    The Guidos are back and I am so glad they are. Hopefully they have a great run this season and learn from their past mistakes, I hope they form an alliance with Charla and Mirna and the Cha Chas and make Rombers life miserable.
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

The fact that they are back gives the lie to calling this an all star addition. Yes, they did make it to the final 3, but only barely because Nancy pushed Emily into skipping a task. They did make one of the most bone-headed decisions in the history on The Amazing Race, choosing to go for the fast forward and then dawdling to get to pit stop the cheapest way. Making a decision that stupid should disqualify a team from returning, just as I think that any teams that quits should never be invited back.
    They were manipulative, but not in an entertaining way. To me the only time in the whole race that they were amusing was when they were stuck in Alaska, a day behind the other teams.
    The first time that they were on, they looked down on the other teams because they thought of themselves as more sophisticated, having lived in Paris, while some of the other teams had never been outside of the US. They will not be able to say that this time, since all these teams have competed before. They will probably still look down their noses at the other teams.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Quote Originally Posted by William13;2217301;
    The fact that they are back gives the lie to calling this an all star addition.
    Ah, but that's the hidden beauty of this farce of a season -- shhh, the producers don't realize that they're the only ones who think of this as an all-star season
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

LG.
    I thought it was hilarious that they were still in Alaska when TAR 1 ended and they found out in the snow. I am glad they are back are they are the original "villians" and I'm sure they're going to up the ante this time. Airport roadblock, Part Deux.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Regular
    Not a big fan of this team...I agree they were very arrogant and I think they will prove one again to be annoying. But...I think they will entertain us so its all good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast