+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe and Bill - All Stars

Unsure of this team. Joe and Bill don't like very atheltic.

No....but they were smart. Didn't necessarily like their arrogance, but they played smart for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;2225635;
    No....but they were smart. Didn't necessarily like their arrogance, but they played smart for the most part.
    Considering how smart their play was in the first season, they should be even tougher now that they've seen the likes of Rob race. All these seasons of watching new types of cunning....can only help their game.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

The Guidos will be an interesting watch this season, I'm thinking. As I've already said, I don't like these guys. In their season, I didn't like their smug attitude (unfounded as it turned out ), and I didn't like what they did in the Guido-gate episode, and I didn't like the way they tried to justify their lies. However, they at least weren't the human-maggot-slimeballs that 2 of the other returning TAR racers were. I also don't think they were that smart in their tactics, although they did get lucky a few times. They also blew some opportunities that they could have used. So I enjoyed how they ended up still in Alaska during their season while the other 2 were already in New York.. seemed a fitting end to their race.

However, having said that, I don't mind seeing them again, even though I still won't be rooting for them. I don't think they'll get but about half-way through the race before being eliminated. BUT! I also will be interested in seeing how they do this season, compared to their original season. The reason is because every time I've seen them since season 1, in an interview, or read what they've written about the TAR experience, they seem to have lost a lot of their smugness and zest. I know that they regret a lot of what they did in season 1 (they even say it in the current CBS site), but it seems to go even deeper than that. As much as I disliked their smugness in TAR1, I have to admit that it seemed to give them their edge in the race, seemed to be part of the force that drove them. But since TAR1 ended, every year they seem more and more laid-back and non-chalant about TAR. And it's almost like they're entering into TAR11 in an apologetic manner, in a minor way. I don't see the same drive and competitiveness they used to have. It makes me wonder if they're going to deliberately try to tone down the smugness they took a lot of flack for the first time around, like they want to make amends and be portrayed differently this time. We can already assume the editors are going to edit them for drama with the other TAR 'villains', but I just can't help but wonder if TAR11 Team Guido is going to be too different from TAR1 Team Guido, and if it's going to keep them from doing as well as they did in TAR1.

Smugness is okay in racers, I think it helps their drive and determination, even if it makes a viewer dislike them personally. (It's being a human maggot that isn't okay) And if smugness is really their only big dislikable quality, they make for interesting season drama, they're fun to root against So I hope the Guidos haven't lost too much of their edge there. That's why I think they'll be interesting to watch now, to see how differently they try to play themselves this season. A kindler, gentler, more sensitive Guido just wouldn't be the same, lol.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Watching Joe and Dave's mat chat at CBS's Innertube, and of all the racers who've returned, that I've watched much of so far, these two guys have changed the most. Not quite so smug, in fact rather appreciative of the skills and talents of several of the other teams (they're especially impressed with Teri and Ian). One touching, and sad thing, they mentioned... they're dedicating this race they're running this season to Margaretta of TAR 1's Dave & Margaretta. They said Margaretta is having a rough time of it right now as she's been fighting cancer, and not doing too well, so that's why they've dedicated their race to her and to encourage her to do well.

From a couple of the more selfish racers we've seen in all the TAR seasons, to this type of sensitivity from them, I give them kudos for becoming better people since season 1. And I also want to add in my own best wishes for Margaretta's health and hope she beats it with the same good spirits and determination she and Dave showed in season 1 of TAR.

Best wishes to you, Margaretta!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I'm sort of rooting for them, for now.
    They've made some interesting tv. =)
    I would like to see some interaction between team guido and romber.
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2220827;
    I thought it was hilarious that they were still in Alaska when TAR 1 ended and they found out in the snow. I am glad they are back are they are the original "villians" and I'm sure they're going to up the ante this time. Airport roadblock, Part Deux.
    I agree! I remember watching on the edge of my seat that night and laughing hysterically when they found out the race had ended and they were stuck in the snow - I felt justice had been served. I also loved the rickshaw race in Shanghai against Kevin and Drew (as I recall). I just purchased Season 1 and am looking forward to watching it again.

"It's a dog eat dog world out there and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear." - Norm from Cheers

I really enjoyed watching this team. Although they sometimes let the pressure get to them, one of the Guido's always pulled his partner in and calmed him down. I was disappointed by how poorly they played the game:constantly getting lost, not reading clues correctly. I really liked how they treated each other and the way that you could tell that they were having a wonderful time on the race. I think they got a bum deal with the NEL and then the Intersection. They should have been given a better opportunity to survive. I will miss this team.

CCL
    If anything, it appeared that the NEL was given to them to make up for the whole airport fiasco in Africa. Combine that with the two buses that didn't leave for Auschwitz until the next afternoon - all calculated to get the straggling teams caught up (at least that's how it appeared to me).
    The Guidos were an okay team but they made a lot of mistakes. That, combined with some bad luck with flights, spelled their doom.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

LG.
    I agree that it ended up nearly impossible for them to avoid elimination with the "marked for elimination" penalty of waiting 30 minutes when immediately before that (it seemed) they were required to work with another team in the eating challenge. They were done eating, but had to sit and wait, and couldn't get a lead on the other teams (the lead that they needed to survive). Unless someone got horribly lost on the way to the knight-suit challenge, they were toast. They looked like they enjoyed the race (and the 2 foot Polish sausage - man, they tore through that eating challenge), and I was glad to see them again.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast