+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Eric and Danielle - All Stars

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2308532;
    Collin and Christy always seemed pretty close to the verge of throwing each other into traffic or declaring "I hate you" and stomping off and quitting the show.
    I believe Colin & Christie just had a baby as well.
    I don't even like Colin & Christie but I would have rather seen them race than these two.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Eric is in it to win and Dani is in it for fun. A bad combo. TAR is better than any type of couples counseling.

FORT Fanatic
    Well lets keep our perspective here shall we each regular season of AR has had a "Bickering couple". And this season its Eric & Danielle. And so far, at 8 epiosdes in lets compare them.

Whats the worst they have done. Both have told the other to shut up, and both have called each other dummy (and both have been the first to do it, shown by clips and episodes). We get to here Eric at his maddest quietly say Damnit Danielle (when approaching a Mat). And we have heard him yell at her to do a task when she was freaking out). We have seen her freak out at airplanes problems (when he is the calm one, and it does appear that on things outside their control he stays fairly level headed), and we never here him say he wants to quit or go home. None of them have insulted a single local. They have a grudge with The Guidos (which The Guidos did start). And lets face it many teams over the years have hated the Guidos.

Now lets compare that to the teams that have been the bickering couple.

1st season we had three: Amie & Paul who lasted 5 legs drove each other to ocry at least 4 times, cussed at each other and other teams. You can count dialogue and see they were worse, with 5 legs tehn Eric & Danielle at 8.

Lenny & Karyn: Much worse a long time dating couple wanting to marry, broke up on national tv. With fighting, and yelling, and wainting to quit. Much worse then Eric & Danielle and they lasted 7 legs.

Frank & Margarita: Frank was certainly louder, and he was ever so slightly physical (though I don't think ihe ment it in an abusive way. Relations did not work. They manged a good part of the race to keep it together though. I think so far they managed better.

2cd season:
    Tara & Wil: NO question, when your partner starts making out with the other racers, and they fought more in 4 episode then they have in 8, and said far worse things to each others, no other teams, and no locals.

Season 3: Teri & Ian a couple that does love each other, but they're dialogue was terrible with eachother from the first leg. Certainly behaved worse. And the funny thing, they came across much better this year, and yet tehy both say they acted teh same (If so shows the power of an edit).

Season 4: We had Russell & Cindy (not the nice ones from season 2), and he was a ass. They lasted what three legs. And in that time was fair, fair worse.

Amanda & Chris: I think they really loved each other, but the way they talked to each other. In half and hour worse language to each other then Eric or Danielle have ever said to each other in all 8 legs.

Kelly & Jon: Another team that seems to be hopelessly in loe, but damn they could be mean with several fights, and again worse langauage to each otehr and to other teams then Eric & Danielle.

Reichen & Chip: A team that made it all the way and won, but it certainly wasn't a bump free ride, with blame and yelling and fighting and name calling, and certainly being mean to locals, and to some other racers.

Season 5: Allison & Donny, in two episode they spew enough vile comments about each other to out last almost all other teams (save Jonathan & Victoria).

Colin & Christie: Again, a nother driven team, but one that certainly could be mean to others, be mean to locals, and be meaner to each other. I mean really. Lets kill some locals, less piss off cabs and local police, lets sream at each other about hating each other.

Season6: The season of dysfunction.
    Jonathan & Vicotira, need I say anymore. Both verbally and physically abusive in one episode more then most teams manage in 13 full legs. Eric & Danielle haven't even got to the point they were at getting off hte first airplane.

Lori & Bolo: Loud, and insulting blaming each other for every single error. Easily worse then Eric & Danielle.

Adam & Rebecca: Again easily, easily worse then Eric & Danielle.

Hayden & Aaron: Seemed nice, but damn Hayden is a BITCH..... Easily worse so far then Eric & Danielle.

Season 7:

Ray & Deanna: Sorry a couple that is still together, but damn talk about indifferent to her, and mean to her, and mean to the others.

Ron & Kelly: Damn like Aaron & HAyden started off so nice, and so quickly turned viscious and evil. At this point they had completely fallen apart. With her getting the F word and calling him wonderufl things like piece of white trash redneck... You know dork, dummy, and jerk don't look so bad do they.

Season 9: Lake & Michelle: With all the blame going to Michelle for his mistakes, him freaking out over everything and wonderfully screaming F words. Nice....

Hell, even Ray & Yolanda a very nice couple had 1 full leg where they were very mad and pissed at each other.

Season 10: We had Rob & Kimberly who by the 2cd episode have more harsh language and yelling at each other then all the bickering (and not even to that volume or degree that Eric & Danielle have had in 8 episodes combined. Yeah I am a nerd and actually counted.

So I mean really, how are that that bad......

Also a wants interesting to note in that the 7th leg when you remove all the flights and take what time teams arrived in Poland and figure that with how long it took them to finish the tasks. Eric & Danielle actually were faster completing the task they had any control over faster than all teams except Dustin & Kandice (who just rocked that episode).
    Last edited by mswood; 04-02-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: posted,a ccidently wasn't finished at all.

To the Point
    mswood, I agree with you. These two probably should never have raced together just based on personalities, but I really don't think either of them individually are that bad, or together. I actually find Erik more tolerable than Danielle, but that's probably because I tend to be more driven when competing. Erik and I would probably butt heads even more because it would be two very strong, competitive personalities, however, we'd have more similar thought processes along the way as well.

Re: Eric and Danielle - All Stars

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2308375;
    I know I'm in the minority (not that it bothers me), but I have never really disliked Erik.
    I'm with you on this, I actually love Eric, but I certainly don't like him racing with Danielle. I enjoyed him a lot more when he was racing with Jeremy and its a pity that they made an Eric/Dani team instead.

CCL

Loved seeing them yielded.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2321178;
    I enjoyed that SOOOOOOOOOO much!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2321178;
    Me too.
    Calling the BQs dirty pirate hookers was so inappropriate. They're probably my least favourite team ever. I'm hoping they get eliminated next.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by umass;2308959;
    Eric is in it to win and Dani is in it for fun. A bad combo. TAR is better than any type of couples counseling.
    After watching last night's episode I can't agree with you about Danielle being in it for fun. She worked really hard last night in that bicycle task..she was pulling that bike, that had a flat tire, loaded with papers, man that girl is strong and tough. She seems to be very motivated to win. I think that Danielle and Eric are finally on the same page and and are both motivated to win. Their interactions last night seemed to be insync..I hope they keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by hot_chocolate;2321374;
    Me too.
    Calling the BQs dirty pirate hookers was so inappropriate. They're probably my least favourite team ever. I'm hoping they get eliminated next.
    I think Eric is absolutely disgusting. During his previous season he was just boring. Danielle can clearly do better than this loser. I personally would love for the cameras to capture the interaction at the cast wrap party between Eric and the BQ's boyfriends/husbands.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)