+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob and Amber - All Stars

I agree, Muduh. There were people dispatched. They were getting help. I personally would have stopped, but as Rob said while driving by, 'It is a race, but you hate to see that happen'. It's convenient that people claim they have absolutely no human decency, but forget that he made that comment. With that said, it's a new season and it's time to stop beating the dead horse.

I hated Rob & Amber during Survivor. Especially Amber. I couldn't understand how the others just let them waltz into the Final 2 spot. However, they raced a heck of a race in AR7 and I enjoyed them. I understand why people don't like them, of course, but they have earned their spot.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Fogey
    Even if we ignore the fact that there was nothing they could have done and that they were in a race, I'd then ask the question: would the others have stopped for them? Several teams treated them like dirt for no real reason, perhaps most notably Lynn & Alex, who happened to be one of the teams that was there.

I didn't get in on the discussion during their season, so just one comment ... that unless they are qualified medical people, stopping would have made them nothing more than witnesses.

Perhaps not everybody loves to hate them .. but some do ... and they absolutely still entertain me.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2217824;
    Human decency? This is a race. They weren't there to be EMT's. I see them as no worse or no better than any other team has ever been.
    I'd rather walk away with my human decency rather than the million. The million can't buy everything. My last point on the subject because it has been beaten to death: they didn't care, they laughed about it in post show interviews, and Amber smiled at the mat. And I remember what Rob said, but it's still no excuse. They didn't have to stop, but they could have pretended to care and at least made sure everything was all right. I'm hoping their cameraman told them that no one was killed, because I'd hate to think Amber would act like that before knowing the details. And I'm sure the Romber fanatics would have thrown a hiss fit if they had been the ones in the accident and everyone else made light of it and smiled at Phil about it. The other teams may not have liked them, but that's not to say they wouldn't have stopped. Of course, we'll never know, but I think the only ones who wouldn't have would have been Lynn/Alex. Brian/Greg seemed like decent enough guys, and I'm sure they would have made sure they were at least all right

Now I'll save the rest of my ranting for any other slime ball holier than thou antics they have saved for this season. Other than that, I'll just pretend they aren't on the show and I'll be crossing my fingers to hear those 15 magical words that I didn't get to hear during TAR7 'Rob and Amber, I'm happy to tell you you've both been eliminated from the race' (okay, Phil can't say he's happy). And hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by karalott; 01-27-2007 at 02:51 PM.

I hear Rob is an avid poker fan. To bad he stinks as a competitor, the annoyance of his accent & smirk may be his downfall on the table.

I'm tired of seeing them on TV, but I can't deny they were awesome racers last time around. They were in it to win, and that is what the Race is all about.

Rob earned my respect with the eating challenge. He was able to assess the challenge, realize that it would take a long time eat that humongous quantity of meat and that the penalty was only 6 hours. He then took a risk by refusing the challenge - then convinced the other doubters to quit "with him". But it wasn't really with him because he had already quit, and the clock was already running for him. So he guaranteed that he would not be last out of the roadblock.

And it turns out the ones who powered through all that meat took nearly 6 hours to eat it, and they were miserable afterwards. It really was a brilliant move, especially since it paid off two-fold (not being last, and not being physically miserable).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

With all the posts in here, I can see why they were chosen for All-Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2218023;
    He then took a risk by refusing the challenge - then convinced the other doubters to quit "with him".
    I agree that quitting this particular food challenge was a good calculated risk to take in certain cases. However, as both Ray, Deana, Gretchen, and Meredith have all stated in post-season interviews, Rob didn't convince them to quit. According to those 4, Ray and Deana had already decided on their own that they would have to refuse this challenge, because Deanna would never have been able to complete it, and after double-checking the rules with production staff, found that the penalty would be easier for them to handle than Deana trying to complete the task. It was Ray and Deana who then convinced Gretchen and Meredith to quit and take the penalty when they saw the difficulty they were having. Rob and Amber also decided on their own to refuse it, but they had nothing to do with Ray/Deana/Gretchen/Meredith's decisions to take the penalty instead. Chalk another up to the editing staff.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey
    In order for people to quit, they have to be willing to do so on some level at some point. Some people are too stubborn to quit no matter what. So while I'd suggest they did not dupe anybody, giving them no credit is going to far the other way.

With all the posts in here, I can see why they were chosen for All-Stars.
    Exactly. Be it good or bad, they're creating a reaction one way or the other.
    Last edited by user name; 01-28-2007 at 02:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread