+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob and Amber - All Stars

I'm glad these two are back. I like how they race all out. As much as Rob is a villian to others he is not that way with Amber. He treats her with respect and a lot of love. A LOT of couples yell at each other when the other is ready to give up--not Rob, he just picked her up on his back and carried her. Can't wait to see what ideas pop into his head this season.

FORT Fogey
    What could Rob & Amber have done to help with the accident? Stop, do nothing, and lose two places like Lynn & Alex, who were already there "helping" by the time Romber passed?

We have seen shades of Rob in some contestants, but most aren't smart enough to pull it off. Either that or race design gets in their way.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by user name;2217366;
    What could Rob & Amber have done to help with the accident? Stop, do nothing, and lose two places like Lynn & Alex, who were already there "helping" by the time Romber passed?

We have seen shades of Rob in some contestants, but most aren't smart enough to pull it off. Either that or race design gets in their way.
    No, but they could have done like Ray/Deana and at least yelled out the window to see if they were okay rather than just driving by. And Amber didn't need to smile at the mat and act like it was a big joke. Even Phil didn't seem comfortable with them for that. Yes, it may be a race but it's not like Brian/Greg were just stranded by the side of the road with a flat tire. They had gotten into an accident.
    Last edited by karalott; 01-26-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2217366;
    Rob and Amber may not have been able to do anything at all, but that's hardly the point. The point is that they didn't even make an effort, as any decent human being would have done -- whether they really cared about the people or not, it's the decent thing to do, especially if you can clearly see there is injury involved. And if it cost them two places on the race, I could care less, because human decency is more important than cash. Rob and Amber had no decency. And to make it worse, they laughed about it -- and yes, both Amber and Rob have continued to laugh about even as recent as last year in a radio interview. They both continue to say they did the right thing and would do the same all over again. So Amber shares equal blame for her and Rob being equal slime balls of inhumanity. And as karlott says, they could have at least slowed down and called out the window to see if everything was ok or if their help was needed. Five seconds out of their miserable lives would not have cost them the race or any positions in it. It did, however, cost them any claim they could ever make to having done the decent thing in regards to fellow human beings in trouble.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2217432;
    Rob and Amber may not have been able to do anything at all, but that's hardly the point. The point is that they didn't even make an effort, as any decent human being would have done -- whether they really cared about the people or not, it's the decent thing to do, especially if you can clearly see there is injury involved. And if it cost them two places on the race, I could care less, because human decency is more important than cash.
    But it is a race. I remember quite a few years ago now in the Olympics when the lady racer (Mary?) fell. She was injured, but that did not stop the others around her from continuing on. Were they not decent human beings?

We talked the wreck incident to death during the show, so I see no need to do so again so will just say that I agree with those who ask what could they have done if they'd stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2217537;
    But it is a race. I remember quite a few years ago now in the Olympics when the lady racer (Mary?) fell. She was injured, but that did not stop the others around her from continuing on. Were they not decent human beings?
    We could make a huge thread about all the people in the world who have no human decency, but since this thread is specifically about Rob and Amber, that's who I'm focusing on in it. But because there are more than 2 human beings in the world who have no sense of decency, does this excuse all of them or any of them? Of course not. Because there are other people without decency, this doesn't excuse Rob and Amber's own lack of it, and it being a race doesn't excuse it, because as I've said ad nauseum, human decency is worth more than cash.

But by the way, the analogy with the Olympics doesn't hold up in Rob/Amber's case, because they weren't thousands of miles from home in isolated countryside with only a handful of people around available to help if needed.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey
    I'd be surprised if they couldn't tell just by glancing out the window what the situation was. Regardless, even if the car had blown up in the crash, there's nothing that any other team could have done, and the production crew was on it, so any assistance that was needed would have been provided by the time they got there.

I'm not going to debate this for the entire season, as I've already clearly stated my views on Amber and Rob, and that view isn't going to change. I'll simply say one last time that there is no excuse for Rob and Amber's behaviour towards their fellow members of the human race, as it doesn't matter if there was anything or not they could have done, there is no getting around the fact that they showed their complete lack of human decency by not even making the slightest effort to do the right thing. Their ethics were displayed in full color in season 7, and they've done nothing to redeem themselves since then. And no amount of debate or excuses in the world can change their inhumane actions that day, nor the gall of their continued amusement at their own lack of humanity. This pair is just a waste of space on this planet. And I'm not going to beat this dead horse any longer, since they aren't worth that much energy.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

hmmm, I had previously tonight posted a reply regarding the Olympics analogy that wasn't applicable, but was having trouble with FoRT posting at the time. Not sure if that post is going to show up or not, so I won't repost it in case the original post does show up later.

Human decency? This is a race. They weren't there to be EMT's. I see them as no worse or no better than any other team has ever been.

+ Reply to Thread