+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: David and Mary - All Stars

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2270171;
    : David & Mary are there merely because of their popularity (which some people don't get, but I kinda do).
    In one of his preRace interviews, while not being specific, Phil mentioned that teams were chosen for interest not because they were the "best" at racing around the world. David and Mary garnered a lot of attention last season - they were different enough from previous sets of teams that they caught the public eye; and the the public eye is the viewer's pocketbook. If I were a producer, I would also turn them around to race again. While their faces and story were familiar to the regular viewers, the reality of them being out of sync with an all-star cast probably came back to bite the production company...but, they have generated talk, even from those who wanted to see them gone and fast.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan
    I always liked David and Mary for their down-to-earth folksy ways. Even thought they had very little chance of winning AS, I was hoping they would last a bit longer so they could do more traveling.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2269573;
    It's when they were on the plane. Each team had received over $400 for the leg and yet Mirna was begging passengers for more. Apparently she also caged a dinner from a passenger. The way Mary talked - that scenario is what put her off Schmirna.
    Ah, thanks Arileflies. I've heard of other teams begging for money during the race. And seeing as how Mirna is shoving off all she has on unsuspecting cab drivers...well, it makes sense for her to stock up!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2270171;
    David & Mary are there merely because of their popularity (which some people don't get, but I kinda do).
    That is the only reasonable justification for their being in an AS race.

However, I still say their "popularity" was debateable, and using "popularity" as a main criteria, there were still many, many other teams deserving to be a part of this race.

I am glad they are gone...now, if only Charla and Mirna could join them in Sequesterville very soon, I would be a happy viewer!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcook77;2271399;
    That is the only reasonable justification for their being in an AS race.

However, I still say their "popularity" was debateable, and using "popularity" as a main criteria, there were still many, many other teams deserving to be a part of this race.

I am glad they are gone...now, if only Charla and Mirna could join them in Sequesterville very soon, I would be a happy viewer!!!
    Exactly. I feel that there were far more teams that were more popular then them-and could at least hold their own in the race, without an alliance. Even after they were eliminated, when their popularity seemed to reach a head, I don't think it was that through the roof. I can see Phil's point of view when he explains what he considers an AS, and am glad that he's not all about picking people who just finished in the top 4. But I just don't see it with David/Mary.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-08-2007 at 07:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789