+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: David and Mary - All Stars

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    It occurs to me that future readers may no be able to access the video in the previous post so here’s a transcript.

David: Speaking to the camera… We was feelin’ really good and confident., and uh, we run a pretty good leg, we was doin’ really good, and just made one wrong turn…

David: Speaking to the group at the breakfast table… We asked three different people, "is this the right way to 'Porterway’ (sic)"? And they kept sayin’ yah keep goin’ keep goin’. We just kept goin’, kept goin’

Mary: Speaking to the group at the breakfast table… I mean we were on a gravel road for about an hour. It was ridiculous, and I’m like, ‘David, 15 kilometers is not 2 hours away.

Drew: Replying… No, kilometers is a little less than a mile.

Mary: Looking at David… Well, tell him. He’s the driver. He don’t know that kilometers is not two hours away.

David: I just drive till you say turn. When you say turn we turn.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Too funny!!! I can hear the accent exactly!!! Well done!!!

I've decided that Mary is the talker, between the two, which is why she can seem annoying. With all of her talking, Dave is a man of few words. I know at least one other couple like this; she over talks, and he is pretty stoic. At home, I'm sure he talks more than he does in public. I'll bet Dave is the same way. The couple I know have been married for over 30 years! It's amazing. We all get tickled with him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2266093;
    As for Mary being peeved at Charla & Mirna...well, Mirna pretty much had the same reaction when David & Mary passed her! So I guess they weren't the only ones feeling that way. But, of course, in the end it is a race, and everyone has to realize "friendships" in the race only go so far.
    I just watched The Finish Line at the CBS Allstars site and I knew there had to be more to Mary's "dissatisfaction" than Schmirna passing them. They both had a good interview with Peggy and they commented as well about the mix of racers on Allstars.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2267180;
    I just watched The Finish Line at the CBS Allstars site and I knew there had to be more to Mary's "dissatisfaction" than Schmirna passing them. They both had a good interview with Peggy and they commented as well about the mix of racers on Allstars.
    What else was it, did she say?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey
    I just watched Elimination Stationa nd Mary is STILL going on about Charla and Mirna passing them on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2267656;
    What else was it, did she say?
    It's when they were on the plane. Each team had received over $400 for the leg and yet Mirna was begging passengers for more. Apparently she also caged a dinner from a passenger. The way Mary talked - that scenario is what put her off Schmirna.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2269573;
    ...Mirna was begging passengers for more. Apparently she also caged a dinner from a passenger.
    I shouldn't have read this post. I already had more than enough reasons to dislike this team.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I ran across an interview with David/Mary and they were asked what their problem was with Dustin/Kandice. Mary replied that they don't have anything against those two, they were just disappointed that they were picked to represent TAR10, and didn't think they should have been picked over the Chos. Mary doesn't get the concept of racing, and she certainly doesn't get the concept of AS (I actually find it rather funny that she would think she, David, and the Chos were AS over the beauty queens). I'm actually glad the producers took pity and didn't put the Chos and Kentucky together again in the same race. Even Phil put down the Cho style of racing. I can't imagine the tantrum Mary would have had had the Chos tried to run their own race and left them in the dust. Those poor boys would have felt obligated to let Kentucky latch on to them again. I wouldn't have minded seeing the Chos again, if for anything else just to see if they would have still been all about alliances and friends or been smarter racers this time. As I said before, David/Mary are nice people. I'm happy a couple of average folks had this chance once, but they shouldn't have had it again. They got by on two legs because of bad luck by other teams. But it was only a matter of time.

It's when they were on the plane. Each team had received over $400 for the leg and yet Mirna was begging passengers for more. Apparently she also caged a dinner from a passenger. The way Mary talked - that scenario is what put her off Schmirna.
    In Mirna's defense, she's not the first racer to have done that. I still remember in the clip footage from TAR6 Rebecca getting a guy to buy her food, but him refusing to buy anything for Adam

So, Dustin and Kandice shouldn't be All-Stars over the Chos; yet, Mary and David are All-Star material? That is truly unbelievable, and I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

So they think that their season shouldn't be represented by one of the best teams? Even if they didn't like them, they have to admit that they were great racers. If I were them, I would like to see someone from my season who were really good at the game.

David & Mary are there merely because of their popularity (which some people don't get, but I kinda do).

+ Reply to Thread