+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: David and Mary - All Stars

id like to see them outlast rob and amber

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk;2246195;
    id like to see them outlast rob and amber
    They won't outlast team Invinsible as they hit the mat in about the same position they most always did on TAR 10. They will be a "back-pack" all on their own this time, though. I wish they could be a surprise sleeper team, but I'm not holding my breath.

I also wish the camera had been in a better position to catch more of Rob's face when Mary hugged him at the airport bookstore. That could have been a priceless TAR moment.

Others have pointed out that they didn't ask the right question at the ticket counter - which flight arrived earlier...but as it turned out - the United flight was sold out anyway. So it didn't matter because they would have been on the later Copa flight in either case. And their attempt at lying to K&D was so pathetic. Mary probably figured this was their chance for payback, but it fizzled...I hope, now that her eyes aren't so wide open in awe of the experience, she learns how to run a smarter race. Or not - which could be very entertaining.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Leo
    Premium Member
    Mary's attempt at plotting and conspiracy was possibly the most unsubtle one in TAR history.

CCL
    I liked how David called Amber "Kim" by accident in the bookstore.
    And I liked how Mary was wearing a t-shirt that had a shout-out to the Cho brothers.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2247466;
    Mary's attempt at plotting and conspiracy was possibly the most unsubtle one in TAR history.
    When I thought about it again it made me laugh. They were so cute trying to come across as being strategists and manipulators. And doing so poorly at it. I liked them during TAR10, but wasn't happy about them coming back to AS. They aren't any better than they were last season race wise so when I say I hope their elimination isn't far off I'm sure I'll be right.

And I can't get over their line about Rob/Amber: "We met Rob/Amber so we already won" followed by their gushing at Charla/Mirna at the PS Seriously, you'd think they just met Julia Roberts or something.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-19-2007 at 12:42 PM.

They are still here. Do me a favor CBS and fuzz them out and mute them when they are on screen. That will make my day.

No way, no how are these two All Stars.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    These two are not all stars and their hatred and bad attitudes stille xsist but are only worse now. Gesh, they don't even view Dustin and Candice as healthy competition btu still "hate" them ebcause they are good. These two are so pathetic it makes me barf.

And their idiotic attempt to lie to the queens and then, RIGHT BESIDE THEM tell the next team go get the otehr tickets. Fools. First off, dont tell the other etams which flight to get on when you already on the BAD FLIGHT!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2248978;
    These two are not all stars and their hatred and bad attitudes stille xsist but are only worse now. Gesh, they don't even view Dustin and Candice as healthy competition btu still "hate" them ebcause they are good. These two are so pathetic it makes me barf.

And their idiotic attempt to lie to the queens and then, RIGHT BESIDE THEM tell the next team go get the otehr tickets. Fools. First off, dont tell the other etams which flight to get on when you already on the BAD FLIGHT!
    Dustin & Kandice don't like them either, though....Anyhow, it is not a prerequisite that David & Mary view Dustin & Kandice in a positive light, be it as healthy competition or whatever. Not everyone has to like everyone else.

As for their attempt to dupe Dustin & Kandice...yes, it was rather pathetic but more so in the execution than in the actual doing. The other team wasn't right beside D & K but they were close enough that it was fairly obvious what had transpired. Anyhow, David & Mary can tell D & K (or whoever) what they like. It is up to D & K to decide if they want to listen to/believe D & M or whoever.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Still hate them.

Yeah, I know. It makes me a bad person. A bad American. Bad bad bad bad bad. I mean I was told by the editing of a whole previous season that they are inspirational and lovable, well except for that bit about them following everyone all of the time, but I still hate them.

Sorry.

Are they interesting? Sure. I wouldn't ever say "why are they back", because I understand why and don't necessarily even disagree.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Krom - don't be so bad on yourself. I'm not "in love" or even "like" with any team this go-round, but they are racing and Phil promises that it will be entertaining. So, I'll swallow my yawns and any ire that pops up.

As far as David and Mary - maybe they will become the comedy relief so badly needed as it looks like other of the teams have problems not only with themselves but with each other.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread