+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: David and Mary - All Stars

What I found refreshing about David and Mary in TAR 10 was their wide-eyed innocence about the world - and not just the traveling. They will not be innocents abroad this time and that may diminish their appeal. It will be interesting to see how they manage with other experienced racers. Will Mary's open heart win her friends or will she find every one else to be as rude as she found Dustin and Kandice to be.

I was surprised by their re-done physical appearances when they filmed the "Finish Line" segment, and felt it diminished my initial image of them. But if this experience helps them to grow and to know, then I say all right - good for them.

I know I'll be listening for Maryisms and have fingers crossed that she hasn't become worldly and sophisticated.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey
    It would be wise to drag them along as far as possible. I think someone's gonna figure that out and not throw away the race like the Chos did but at least help them out some to ensure a buffer in the event of a bad leg.

FORT Newbie
    i love this team! hopefully they will last long....

FORT Regular
    Agree, I Like them but do not think they are All Stars. But I am glad they will get another chance at the $1,000,000 they are a very humble couple.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I still say she is crazy about that man, and he is crazy about her!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

David and Mary were selected not becos they can run 10 miles non-stop or climb the great wall of china in 10 secs:nono , but mostly because it makes good television. Thats also why the Cho brothers were left out. The producers probably wont care much who win, as long as the show's a hit.

On a different note, I think it'd be awesome to see the bama sisters again. You know, to see them fight with the beauty queens. That would be so jaw-droppingly fun .
    Last edited by Leo; 02-03-2007 at 12:48 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Even their pre-race interview has technical difficulties.

yuck. they bothered me the first go round.

FORT Regular
    Did anyone see them this morning on the Early morning show on CBS. They were so in awwwwww of seeing Rob & Amber. Hopefully they will be able to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2216351;
    My thoughts exactly. I like David/Mary but again I ask-why? They don't stand a chance.
    I'm wondering a lot about the choice of the teams too...

Maybe they'll surprise us and go really far! Haha.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread