+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Uchenna and Joyce - All Stars

I loved Uchenna and Joyce! I think they look great and I would love to see them in the finals.

LG.
    I liked them on Season 7 and was happy for their win, especially after Joyce shaved her head. I just remember the "model" team that refused to shave their heads the prior season. Too bad they haven't had any luck with having children.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

This is one of few teams I'm happy to see return. I'd like to see them go far this season.

toothdoc

I love Uchenna and Joyce as well, and I'm happy to see them back. An interesting rivalry with Rob and Amber as well, since they came in 1 and 2. It's too bad they haven't been successful with the pregnancy issue. I know what that is like and I really feel for them. I would love to see them go far as well.

Oh, and Uchenna is one fine speciman of a man, frankly.

FORT Regular
    I think they both look great....it will be interesting to see how far they go this time. Her doo is really cute.

I'm so excited this team is back. I love Joyce's hair. Great to see she's kept the fast-forward style up!

Ughhh, can't stand them. Couldn't stand them back in their own season either. I just can't stomach sob stories and they way they kept mentioning their particular one over and over and over ad nauseam was particularly distateful. I still remember that last episode and the little "miraculous" help they got from the show to get on that last flight. Vomit.

Least deserved win ever on TAR. I hope they get eliminated first.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I don't get why they would call back winners, except for the whole controversy factor? Why would anyone who won want to go through the whole painful experience (okay, maybe not painful, but extremely tiring and hungry) and risk being, you know, booted out first and having their reputation as winners destroyed? (I guess rep. isn't that important, but to me it is in reality TV terms...)
    2003-2008.

‘Race’ couple look to ‘defend’ title

Joyce and Uchenna Agu are the only winners in All-Star version.
    By MIKE McDANIEL
    Houston Chronicle

Uchenna and Joyce Agu return to prove their “Amazing Race” worth on the “Amazing Race All-Stars” debuting at 7 p.m. Sunday on CBS.

“The Amazing Race: All Stars” premieres Sunday on CBS, and the Houston couple Joyce and Uchenna Agu will be there. Taking care not to reveal the outcome or specific details about the race, they talked a bit about their second experience with the show.

Q. Were you surprised you were asked back, especially since you already won?

Uchenna. We were really surprised to be the only winning couple brought back. Joyce made such a splash on the first one (she shaved her head to win one of the challenges), so I wasn’t really surprised that we were picked for all-stars.

Joyce.
    I remember after the first edition ended thinking I would never do anything like that again. Then, just like having a baby, you forget about all the pain and think about all the joy and the fun you got out of it.

Uchenna.
    People always ask us what we did with $1 million. The million helped out with financial things. It saved us from bankruptcy. But it was the experience, the lessons learned on the race, that changed our life.

For the all-star edition, did any of your competitors come out and say they were gunning for you?

Uchenna. Some did, depending on their level of frustration.

Joyce. I think we’re going to be surprised how many felt that way, because while you’re filming you really don’t interact with everyone. I’m sure it’s going to come to light.

Did you have a flashback moment when you saw Rob and Amber? (The two beat out the “Survivor” couple after a plane was mysteriously held up so the Houston couple could get on board.)

Joyce. The flashback moment came stepping into the room and seeing everybody and having the experience of “Oh my, here we are again.” To top it off, Rob and Amber are there, too.

Were you guys recognized everywhere you went?

Joyce. Everywhere.

Uchenna. That’s one of the advantages we felt Rob and Amber had in the first race. It was spread out a little more evenly this time.

You guys maintained an even keel in the previous show. Was duplicating the effort a burden to you this time?

Joyce.
    We couldn’t have planned to be righteous or good or any of that. As you see on this show so many times, whoever you are comes to light. You can’t act that.

Uchenna. You have so many things that take you out of your element: food deprivation, lack of sleep, the stress of competition, navigating in unfamiliar territory. By the time you get through all those things, you have no time to powder up and think, “I’ve got to say the right thing for the cameras.” You forget about the cameras very quickly.

Joyce. When you’re starving, the real you starts to pour out.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2237438;
    Ughhh, can't stand them. Couldn't stand them back in their own season either. I just can't stomach sob stories and they way they kept mentioning their particular one over and over and over ad nauseam was particularly distateful. I still remember that last episode and the little "miraculous" help they got from the show to get on that last flight. Vomit.

Least deserved win ever on TAR. I hope they get eliminated first.

I like this team, but I will not root for a team that already won this competition. I like to watch Rob & Amber too, but I do not want them to win (they have made a living the past 5 years from reality tv).

Also, it is a given the the producers will alter things at the end, so it is a suspenseful ending? I was always suspicious of them getting on that last flight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast