+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: All-Star Amazing Race (TAR 11)**Possible Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by maersk View Post
    romber wouldent do an all stars.......theyve already said they wouldent..
    I'm not sure if I believe them but that's good to hear. Romber being on AS is reason enough for me not to ever want one to happen.

if they did have an all star
    do you think theyd have the winners on it...cause theyd be cheap
    They couldn't exclude them just for winning, and it does sort of defeat the purpose of AS, even though I think there's a lot of meanings to that term and what people qualify as AS. Honestly, I hope every winning team wasn't asked back. Chris/Alex were a more annoying and overconfident cocky version of Rob/Brennan; Uchenna/Joyce are a less comical version of Chip/Kim; Zach's all right but his partner's another story; I never liked Reichen/Chip and hope I never see them on my TV again; and Freddy/Kendra weren't exactly the most popular duo to ever race so I'm sure practically everyone but me hopes they don't come back. I do think they said they wouldn't do an AS anyway but I might be wrong. But as far as I know, all of the winning teams, including the Linzes (who I'm sure would love a real shot at TAR) have said they'd do it if it ever happened.

Adding to my earlier list from the first four seasons:

Rob/Brennan (TAR1; how can you have an AS without the very first winning team?)
    Frank/Margarita (TAR1; way back they said they weren't interested but I hope they'd reconsider)
    Joe/Bill (TAR1)
    Drew/Kevin (TAR1; the original comic relief)
    Blake/Paige (TAR2)
    Oswald/Danny (TAR2)
    Mary/Peach (TAR2)
    Hope/Norm (TAR2; may have gone farther and bumped eventual third place team Blake/Paige from the running had it not been for that cab driver)
    Deirdre/Hillary (TAR2; it kills me to this day that the grannies beat them especially when they took the slower detour option)
    Gina/Sylvia (TAR3; after two seasons straight of an alpha male team winning I was originally against Derek/Drew and was hoping these two would knock them out of the first round. I think they were one of the stronger female teams ever on this show, they just had the bad luck of getting on the last plane)
    Aaron/Arianne (TAR3)
    John Vito/Jill (TAR3; even though they aren't together anymore I hope they'd do it)
    Derek/Drew (TAR3)
    Ken/Gerard (TAR3)
    Amanda/Chris (TAR4)
    Steve/Dave (TAR4; these two, along with Kelly/Jon, are one of the only reasons TAR4 wasn't a huge bomb for me)
    Monica/Sheree (TAR4)
    Tian/Jaree (TAR4)
    Kelly/Jon (TAR4)
    Last edited by karalott; 04-02-2006 at 01:27 PM.

SENTFROMHEAVON love your avatar.

I bet Romber would do it. They'd be so fun to watch again. Rob against Colin and Jonathan that would be fun.

Well i didn't see TAR2 or TAR3 so this list is not complete. But..

Kevin and Drew
    Joe and Bill
    Jon and Al
    Kelly and Jon
    Charla and Mirna
    Colin and Christie
    Lori and Bolo
    Lena and Kristy
    Meredith and Gretchen
    Rob and Amber
    Two of the Linzes
    Bill and Tammy Gaghan
    Eric and Jeremy
    BJ and Tyler

This is to get a good combo of fan favorites and villians..

edit : Just noticed, that's too many. but still they could use any of those. I'd just be happy if Charla/Mirna are there.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I'd like to see the following teams in a TAR all-stars:
    Brandon & Nicole
    Charla & Mirna
    Kris & Jon
    Debbie & Bianca
    Brian & Greg
    IMO, they were all very strong teams, and I would love to see them all compete again!
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

An All-Star Amazing Race should be a combination of the better racers and colorful personalities from Seasons 1 to 9. The producers should take advantage of knowing fully well how these individuals behave under the best and worst of circumstances that should make for a good TV viewing experience. I am having reservations about including the winners in each season as including one would somehow mean including everyone else (based on mutual consent and availability) but then again, that would lessen the excitement of the whole thing. On second thought, I still think the winners should be excluded because the non-winners would be doubly hungry to win the money...so with that said, here are my picks for an All-Star edition:

From Season 1:
    1) Kevin & Drew

From Season 2:
    2) Oswald & Danny
    3) Blaike & Paige

From Season 3:
    4) Ken & Gerard

From Season 4:
    5) Kelly & Jon
    6) Jill & John Vito

From Season 5:
    7) Colin & Christie
    8) Linda & Karen

From Season 6:
    9) Kris & Jon
    10) Lena & Kristy

From Season 7:
    11) Meredith & Gretchn

From Season 9:
    12) BJ & Tyler

Those bubbling under would be: Teri & Ian (Season 3), Jonathan & Victoria (Season 6) and Eric & Jeremy (Season 9).

I am looking at having 12 Teams of 2 so that this edition would be a bit longer and more challenging with a possible pot money of USD1 Million each for the eventual winners.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Quote Originally Posted by dragonman64 View Post
    An All-Star Amazing Race should be a combination of the better racers and colorful personalities from Seasons 1 to 9. The producers should take advantage of knowing fully well how these individuals behave under the best and worst of circumstances that should make for a good TV viewing experience. I am having reservations about including the winners in each season as including one would somehow mean including everyone else (based on mutual consent and availability) but then again, that would lessen the excitement of the whole thing. On second thought, I still think the winners should be excluded because the non-winners would be doubly hungry to win the money...so with that said, here are my picks for an All-Star edition:

From Season 1:
    1) Kevin & Drew

From Season 2:
    2) Oswald & Danny
    3) Blaike & Paige

From Season 3:
    4) Ken & Gerard

From Season 4:
    5) Kelly & Jon
    6) Jill & John Vito

From Season 5:
    7) Colin & Christie
    8) Linda & Karen

From Season 6:
    9) Kris & Jon
    10) Lena & Kristy

From Season 7:
    11) Meredith & Gretchn

From Season 9:
    12) BJ & Tyler

Those bubbling under would be: Teri & Ian (Season 3), Jonathan & Victoria (Season 6) and Eric & Jeremy (Season 9).

I am looking at having 12 Teams of 2 so that this edition would be a bit longer and more challenging with a possible pot money of USD1 Million each for the eventual winners.

i agree, but instead of 12 teams, id make it 13 and eric and jeremy being the 13th racers

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonman64 View Post
    On second thought, I still think the winners should be excluded because the non-winners would be doubly hungry to win the money...so with that said, here are my picks for an All-Star edition:

If they did an AS TAR, I think they should have more than 12 teams. I'd go with 14 or 15. I know the whole complaint with the family edition was all the faces, but it'd still be teams of two and it's not like these would be total strangers we'd have to get know. I will make a comment on that remark you made. It doesn't have to do with winning the money, as I'm sure the majority of teams would be happy just for a second chance at the experience and to possibly prove themselves, but that's one reason I hope they include teams eliminated all over the board, and not just the teams who made the final 5 or 6. Just imagine a team who went out second or third and didn't get to have the experience. I'm sure they'd be fighting tooth and nail to make sure they weren't the early ones out again. Plus, I think a lot of the early eliminated teams had great potential to go far into the race.

"Woooo.. shut up!" dustparticle05's Avatar
    If they did an All Stars AR, I would like to see them bump the number of teams up to, say 15 or 16 and completely remove the "non-elimination" legs.. that way they could have the same amount of episodes as a regular season and still have 3 to 4 teams left for the finale.

I won't go naming off a complete roster because I only got into the show in season 7, but I'd like to see from the seasons I've seen:
    --Uchenna & Joyce
    --Meredith & Gretchen
    --Brian & Greg
    --Two of the Linz siblings
    --Bill & Tammy Gaghan
    --Marion and DJ Paolo (ha!)
    (Going to wait until this season finishes to pick teams from TAR 9)

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Favourites in Black, Top Three in Green.

1) Kevin and Drew (Season 1)
    2) Momily (Season 1)
    3) Blake and Paige (Season 2)
    4) John Vito and Jill (Season 3)
    5) John and Al (Season 4)
    6) Colin and Christie (Season 5)
    7) Lena and Kristy (Season 6)
    8) Hayden and Aaron (Season 6)
    9) Kris and Jon (Season 6)
    10) Lynn and Alex (Season 7)
    11) Bill and Tammy Gaghan (Season 8)
    - WINNERS!!
    12) Lake and Michelle (Season 9)
    13) Danielle and Dani (Season 9)

Yeah, so there are 13 teams, it's an All-Star season! I can bend the rules!

Romber
    Derek and Drew
    Ken and Gerard
    Colin and Christie
    Clowns
    Hippies
    John Vito Jill
    Lena Kristy
    Jonathan Vic
    Hayden Aaron
    Brian Greg
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

+ Reply to Thread