+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ken and Gerard

I was sorry to seem them drop out of the lead after last night's episode, but given the trouble they had at the Detour, they could have been much further back. I'm not worried about their position in the race or even the flat tire episode next week. I predict they'll be in this race for a while to come...

Go Ken and Gerard!
    Last edited by lobeck; 11-20-2002 at 05:10 PM.

LG.
    As long as they don't have to row any more boats.

Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

These two always seem to bubble to the top. They appear to be the very best team in the race. That doesn't mean they can't be tripped up by fate, but I think they play the game better than anyone.

As for reversing field and heading off to do the 4-wheeler thing...I really disagree with that strategy in general. How much further could they have needed to dig, honestly? I say just stick it out, and you'll do better than backtracking and starting up again. I've thought that every time I've seen someone change their mind on a Detour. Just my personal opinion, and I've never been on the show so what do I know? I do know that my wife agrees with me so if we ever did get on the show, you wouldn't see us switching.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I don't think changing your detour selection is a very clever move in general either Paulie.
    They could have been further down the field by doing that if it weren't for poor 911 and all their troubles.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Can I love them anymore?

NO! They are just the darlings of TAR3 in my opinion.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    I do think they should have stuck with the digging though, as changing detours is never really a good move. Remember Woody Allen, Jr. and partner giving up on mining right before the other teams found gold, going to golf in a hurry and then getting the BOOT? Stick with your challenge when you're almost done with it, geeze.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Really like this team, bit disappointed that they didn't do as well as before. But these gusy are gonna win this thing anyway! They know what they are doing & handle things with ease.

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    I do think they should have stuck with the digging though, as changing detours is never really a good move.
    That was the one thing I felt they might've made a mistake. At least, they were able to recover and catch up with the rest. Like someone said, the picture could've been different if A&D hadn't been detained. Who knows!!! I'm glad they are at still in the top 3.

K&G are just so sweet, likeable, and funny. That's why I'm rooting for them. Rock on!

Each episode I see makes me realise they really are the most accomplished of the group.
    That doesn't always translate to a win, The Guido's are a perfect example of that. Ken and Gerard are able to enjoy the race because they are in control of their own race at all times.
    Hopefully they won't be switching road blocks again though.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I actually agreed with them on switching on the detour.

I don't remember precisely, but they were digging up one square of a 6-square block. I think the clay pot they were looking for was in ONE of those blocks. So, they spent all that time, and were only 1/6 of the way done, assuming it was the last place they dug up. They were much better off to abandon it at that stage, and go to the other method. Also, they knew that the other 2 teams in the lead had gone the other way, so if it was REALLY difficult, they'd all still be in the same boat.

+ Reply to Thread