+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TAR picked up for season 11

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

TAR picked up for season 11

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment...29/230564.html

CBS' "Amazing" Pickup
    Fri Sep 29, 8:00 AM

Somewhere Simon Cowell is scowling even more than usual.

In a move destined to keep the thorny American Idol host from winning an Emmy in the near future, CBS has given the go-ahead to an 11th season of The Amazing Race, the network announced Friday.

News: CBS' Innertube blows up
    News: Amazing teams, new night!
    News: Best buds take Amazing Race
    E! Online The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced, Phil Keoghan-hosted globetrotting reality series has delivered consistently solid ratings for CBS throughout its first 10 installments. Even more notably, Race has dominated the Emmy Awards, winning four consecutive Best Reality Competition prizes over Cowell and the Idol crew.

More than 10.1 million people tuned in to see the latest jaunt, when it premiered with a special 90-minute edition on Sept. 17.

Created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri and launched in September 2001, Amazing Race follows several teams of two on a Cannonball Run-like dash around the world, making their way from country to country on everything from jet planes and hot air balloons to bikes and camels.

Along the way, contestants must use their survival instincts and travel smarts to search for clues and fulfill cliffhanger tasks to claim the $1 million grand prize. Last May's finale saw 26-year-old B.J. Averell and 25-year-old Tyler Macniven, endure a trek spanning 59,000 miles before besting two other teams to make it to Denver to win the jackpot.

For the current 10th season, the network opted to move Race from its Tuesday 9 p.m. stronghold to Sundays at 8 p.m. and the show has performed admirably as a lead-in to Cold Case and Without a Trace, boosting viewers in key categories. The current season is also available for free viewing at CBS' broadband channel, Innertube.

No word yet when production on Amazing Race 11 will get rolling, but CBS expects the next sprint to kick off in the spring.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Thanks for posting. That's great news So it looks like TAR11 won't be an AS version after all. Now I only hope that no one else from any other reality show makes an appearance on there...

I wouldn't mind Kaysar & Janelle from Big Brother, but that's about it.

And yes, this is great news!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I don't see where they comment on the possible entrants - perhaps I just missed it.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

JR.
    I wish they'd move it back to the original time. I hate that it's on Sunday nights.

that just made my day
    I'm so acrophobic, I fainted when I first tried on a pair of socks.

FORT Fan
    yay! i'll cry the day they stop TAR

That is a much better time slot.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Thanks for posting. That's great news So it looks like TAR11 won't be an AS version after all. Now I only hope that no one else from any other reality show makes an appearance on there...
    Where do you get out of this that it is an All Star edition? Applications were due on June 2 through the normal team collection process.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for TAR12 now, which based upon the Share and the Emmy's may yet happen.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictor View Post
    Where do you get out of this that it is an All Star edition? Applications were due on June 2 through the normal team collection process.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for TAR12 now, which based upon the Share and the Emmy's may yet happen.
    They took applications for BB7 and that turned into an AS version, and back during TAR5 they started taking applications before it was even given the go ahead by CBS so I don't ever put stock into that. Basically, TAR11 hadn't been greenlighted, ratings had been down, and with both Survivor and now BB doing AS versions it was heavily speculated across the net that TAR11 would probably turn into an AS edition to hopefully bring ratings back up (add that to the fact that the producers are talking more serious about doing one).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast