+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia (All-Encompassing) **SPOILERS**

I have just finished watching TAR Asia. It was quite boring in my opinion. Hopefully the show will get more exciting next week.
    M i r a c l e

TAR ASIA episode 2
    November 16th, 2006, on the AXN channel

At a pitstop in Kualar Lumpur, Malaysia, teams receive clues to fly to Indonesia. First leg was a NEL. All 10 teams are in leg 2.

Survivors from the 1st leg: Andrew/Syeon, Mario bros

Teams have to drive to the Malaysian airport. (Andrew/Syeon, Laura/Andy)

Zabrina/Joe Jer, Aubrey/Jaq, Sahran/Howard
    ______________________________ _________________
    Indonesia

Teams take taxi to the next route marker. Zabrina/Joe Jer, Francesca/Sandy, Andrew/Syeon, Prashant/Sahil
    Clue box
    DETOUR #1: Sell food from cart

DETOUR #2: Dancing

Go to the snake pit and receive the next Roadblock clue.

Pitstop: National Monument, Jarkata, Indonesia

(thanks to puddin, Neobie)
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

two amazing races are better than one.

wonder when TAR eastern europe starts........

FORT Regular
    I don't agree that it was boring. I found it very entertaining and so different from TAR original. The racers are really different from the teams of TAR 10. It seems that they are much more friendly than their counterparts. For instance, there was no bickering between the partners, all teams were friendly to one another (Sharon or Melody, I don't know, gave a big hug to Sahran who finished the abseiling task in tears, that was sweet), and all of them were focused on the race. If you want, from the 1st leg, there is no Bamas moms, no Peter, no Rob and Kim ^^

But they do not seem to "appreciate" the visit in the first leg of the race, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I guess, it's because they live in Asia, so they know the cultural marks of the region.

In the first leg, though, they remained basically in Kuala Lumpur, which I found quite disappointing. i think it's so much more challenging and interesting when teams have to go to remote places. They had a tough task to do for some (abseiling from the 8th floor of Times Squares shopping mall and height is one of the worst fears of Sahran), they had quite cute funny detour (pottery and painting - most of the teams chose painting, and they were like so happy because it reminded them of childhood! One team chose pottery and they did it quite well) and they had to race in a karting stadium. To reach the pitstop, which was on a floor of a tower located on a hill, they had to follow a "trail in the jungle", going up and down. One team made a big mistake in not following the instruction. They arrived first, but they had to re walk the trail. Eventually they came 5th.
    The last team that arrived had a NEL (yeah right at the 1st leg ^_^ but I think it's for the best, so this team still has a chance to prove itself) and they applied the former rule, that is giving back all their money and starting the next leg with no money.

Following is the order at the end of the 1st leg in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia:

1st - Marsio and Mardy
    2d - Ernie and Jeena
    3rd - Joe Jer and Zabrina
    4th - Aubrey and Jacqueline
    5th - Andrew and Syeon
    6th - Sharon and Melody
    7th - Andy and Laura
    8th - Sahil and Brashan
    9th - Howard and Sahran
    10th - Sandy and Francesca (NEL)

I don't have a favorite yet, but I have a bad feeling towards Andrew and Syeon. Aubrey and JAcqueline are really gorgeous women but I hope they won't be relying too much on their beauty and they'll show great racing skills as D&K.

Maersk, actually, I was told that France has a similar show to TAR, it's called "Paris Peking express" or something. The teams have to travel from France to China. It's more limited than TAR then.

FORT Regular
    The official TAR Asia is really amazing! They made a precise complete objective recap! It lacks the witty comments but well, i guess, we can't have everything!

Anyway I forgot to say that listening to Allan Wu was like listening to Phil ^_^ He has a similar voice! But his tone was a bit blunt and boring ^^ i hope he'll get more personality later.

I absolutely loved it! I just downloaded it and watched it.

It is different from TAR10, but that can be good too! It's interesting to watch 2 different TARs at once.

So far I like just about everyone. I was surprised the first leg was an NEL but i'm happy that for once it was.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Are they racing only in Asia? It would be cool if they raced in different parts of the world as well!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2138580;
    Are they racing only in Asia? It would be cool if they raced in different parts of the world as well!
    I think the teams are going as far as Istanbul, Turkey and Los Angeles, California with the inclusion of Auckland (NZ), India, Thailand, Indonesia plus the earlier leg in KL.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

i saw thei first episode and its as good as the original.

currently im digging:

zabrina/ jo jer

the indonesian bros

ernie & jeena

andy and laura

howard & sahran

i guess in TAR asia 2 they will be doing a couple legs in the US, so ill be looking for clue boxes

+ Reply to Thread