+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia (All-Encompassing) **SPOILERS**

i recently watched TAR Asia and i must say its not that bad
    the host in a way reminds me of Phil
    but i was surprised that the first elimination was NE

Quote Originally Posted by McMw;2181299;
    AXN Asia seems to be pushing/advertising Zabrina, Syeon and Andrew a lot this past week - wonder if there's anything to that!!!
    My understanding is that their advertisement is only screened on Malaysian TV... I don't remember seeing that ad while watching AXN in Singapore... Maybe AXN is just trying to get more Malaysians to tune in to TARA and support the Malaysian teams

FORT Fogey
    I got into this late, but I've almost managed to catch up (one episode behind). Good to still have some fresh TAR to watch while waiting for All Stars. Entertaining, but much like the last US season, I'm having trouble picking a favorite. Just some random comments on the race so far.

I liked the idea of a NEL on the first leg. It gives you an opportunity to get to know everyone and also gives the contestants more time to get used to the race. Granted, the team that was last would have deserved to be booted, even if they were the best on paper (or close to it).

Not crazy about the home country advantages, but I suppose it's unavoidable. Every time it happens, though, that team comes in first.

Andy's apparently been watching Boston Rob. No need to suffer for hours on end searching for something you won't find any time soon when you can take the penalty and save your strength without losing much time and also not have blisters all over your hands that may hamper future tasks. If someone else follows you, bonus. The leg did seem to be setup to favor those who didn't quit, which was perhaps an indication of smart leg design considering they were 15 hours behind those who did quit.

Howard & Sahran are the biggest drama queens since Jonathan and Victoria. What a waste of a NEL.

The clue to find a child on a swing is apparently the most evil ever, although apparently a lot of people just simply didn't spend enough time trying to figure it out and instead went off on tangents.

Pretty sad that Sahil & Prashant were the only team that didn't know the rules of the race, but still, there are a lot worse teams that seriously needed to be booted before them. I like Sharon & Melody, however, while the boys were just obnoxious, so it worked out okay. Has to go down as the most classless exit ever.

90 miles an hour is automatic loss of license? Oh hell. I don't know if I've ever actually gone that fast, but I see people doing close to it every day... even in a 55. Any country where they're that strict is in serious need of loosening up. And an hour and a half penalty to boot? Puh. At least it wasn't a penalty at the end of the leg.

Too damn much bunching in leg 6. Pretty obvious who was going to get the boot, despite the attempt to mislead with the editing. This should have been a NEL. This is like the space leg in family edition. If nothing else, the pitstop should not be right near a task in which teams have to wait in line for others to finish. Bad planning.

Good to finally see some language barriers. Took long enough, even if this is perhaps the worst case I've seen. Would be nice if they added some (any) variety to the plane schedules, though. Don't even pretend with the airport drama. Nobody's buying it.

Thai for pig is moo? Doesn't that get confusing?

These guys are just taking random buses that may or may not be right. Would have made a lot more sense to just wait for the sure thing. Way too obvious based on the arrival times, though, that there would be bunching.

What needs to fall out of the sky for these people to realize they need to switch tasks?

I've been having a bit of trouble keeping up with the episodes, but finally managing to catch up, and it couldn't have been at a better time. Man, am I glad to see Andy & Laura finally gone! Weirdest part is that for the first time ever in TAR, there are no teams I despise in the final few left, and ever since the first season of the american version, there's always a team or two in the final 3 that I just hate, but this time the final four are composed of teams I actually like, and even though Sandy is eternally boring, at least he's tolerable, so I'm cool with everybody.

FORT Fan
    so happy that Andy/Laura are gone!!! they were bitter and much too self-obsessed. they weren't yielded for being a better team (at least not entirely), they were yielded for their personalities. i think they're worse than the Weavers. the Weavers didn't draw on the photos and were at least entertaining

FORT Fogey
    In addition to the overall dislike, there does seem to be some fear from the other teams when it comes to Andy & Laura, which is pretty typical (Rob & Amber, Dustin & Kandice, Colin & Christie). They're definitely a crafty team, but the teams that put so much energy into disliking a team often fall by the wayside, while the teams that join forces with them often rise up.

Sandy & Francesca saved again.

Andy & Laura got screwed. Not the nicest team left but the best regardless.

yeay. tonight we will see my top 4!!(for me though.i'm in Malaysia)

San Fran!

Zab Joejer!

Andrew Syeon!

M & M

FORT Fogey
    Andrew & Syeon are using the Cho strategy, only they're admitting it: help the weak links to the end.

It's the final 4. Why is nobody yielding someone?

Last place kept becoming more and more obvious. Not a NEL. I just hope one of the two weak teams go so we have a good finale.

If Zabrina and JoeJer win it all, then TAR Asia will have the distinction of producing the first all-female team to win an Amazing Race. I'm rooting for them, although any one of the Final 3 (Andrew/Syeon and Sandy/Francesca) will make wonderful winners.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

and Zab and JoeJer won!!! With Andrew and Syeon 3rd with bad driving in Kuching!!!

+ Reply to Thread