+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9/17 The Amazing Race Recap - Eww, I Just Stepped In Hydraulic Fluid

Terrific Recap! Super way to start the race!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    Public Service Announcment
    Should any of you readers be planning on applying for the Amazing Race, let me give you a big hint: learn to drive a stick shift! Why, after 9 seasons, can there actually be people on this show that have trouble with that? But yes, it's true, they're all at the cars, and someone is going to have trouble.

You'd think if you were selected to complete on TAR you'd (at a minimum) prepare by doing the following:

Learn to drive a stick shift.

Learn how to read a map.

Skydive or bungy jump at least once.

Learn the following phrases in several difference languages:

"Can you speak English?"
    "Go Fast! Get big tip!"
    "Can I use your cell phone?"
    and
    "Those people (pointing to couple you hate the most) are criminals, call the police!"
    DevilTwin
    Trekker and Geocacher

Great recap Sunny!

How glorious it wass to find, that now that I have internet access once again that there was a Suncat7 recap waiting for me to savour.
    If you've ever had to remove duct-tape from your boobs after a pageant, you can handle anything. Don't ask me how I know.
    I've never had to do that, but I did have to remove duct tape from other parts of my naked body, when I was duct taped and stuck in a locker after gym class in high school. And I would rather repeat that experience than eat fish eyeballs. I could read your descriptions of the event or any other Road Block until the day that everyone on the Amazing Race reads the clues properly- any event foretold in the lost gospel of Phil.
    I don't know how you do it, but your section headings are always hilarious and yet they always seem to belong there. It was only 1 1/2 hour show and yet if I quoted all the hilarious bits of the recap it would take me at least twice that long.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

FORT Regular
    Funny recap! The episode was not so funny but reading the recap makes it up ^^

I can't wait for the next episode and recap!

FORT Regular
    Peter & Sarah get to pre-board due to Sarah's leg, which has a few other racers giving each other looks. Then Peter says "we're going to be able to play that card for a lot of places." WHAT? I'm sensing some evil in Team Hopalong, but maybe I'm wrong. Now, the plane will get everyone there at the same time, but plans to play ANY kind of "card" sure seems a little off-kilter to me.
    The only reason I don't have a problem with this is everyone uses something to their advantage on these shows. How many people use their ablility with foreign languages? How many people use there strenght? How many use....? Well, you get my meaning. They are just using what the fates have dealt them.

Donna

PS Wonderful recap... I felt like I was watching it all over again.

FORT Regular
    Moreover, i just thought about it, but pre-boarding doesn't give you an advantage since when landing every team arrive at the same time.

I also think there is nothing wrong with using this disability to one's advantage. Along the race she also have to cope with it, especially now that it has a problem (like she said, it's like driving with a flat tyre. Clearly a problem)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123