+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

I really like these two. Her courage is inspirational. Makes my own fears and worries small in comparison. They did a great job. I hope the stick around for awhile.

FORT Fan
    [QUOTE=Muduh;2075674]I'm totally unfamiliar with this type of prosthesis, since my Dad's was so long ago that it was actually made to look like a real leg, but I'm just certain (well, almost) that she has a spare somewhere in the vicinity. I'm sure that they are terribly expensive, but I can't believe that an athlete wouldn't hav a spare. If nothing else, the company that made it would probably like the publicity enough to donate a spare. Things happen to any type of machinery and I can't believe that they wouldn't have foreseen the possibility. QUOTE]

Did they say that Peter was the maker of the prosthesis. I really wanted to like this couple, but a couple of the things they said bothered me when it sounded like tehy would take preferential treatment because of her disability to get ahead. I really hope that last night was the exception and we won't hear more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Oh, I didn't know that! I can't hear well, so I miss a LOT and especially if, for some reason, I can't see their mouth when they are talking. Now I'm very interested in what was done to make the prosthesis possible. Wonder if I can find a place to read about it?
    Muduh, I quoted some info below, and there's more info here.

When Sarah Reinertsen was just seven, her left leg was amputated above the knee because of a tissue defect she had at birth. It took her four years to learn how to run, but once she learned - and got the right kind of artificial leg - she was unstoppable. Although she is only in her early thirties, Sarah has already traveled all over the world, and has run in races in New Zealand, Europe, Cuba, and all over the United States.
    ETA: Beebum, I don't think he made her prosthesis, but he does make them for a living.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Thank you rosekid. I was so lost about tht sorter leg thing. Couldn't figure out where the little foot was. Duh!

FORT Fan
    ETA: Beebum, I don't think he made her prosthesis, but he does make them for a living.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood what they said.

You're both welcome. Peter and Sarah are certainly fascinating people who seem to have captured the hearts of many of us (so far that is ).
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Muduh - I tivo'd it. This is what she said at the beginning promo segment: "I was born with one leg shorter than the other. I have, you know, been wearing an artifical leg all of my life."

ETA: Looks like everybody beat me to it.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

To the Point
    I really want to like these two. Right now, I just admire her spirit and his ability to support and encourage. They were a bit irritating but I haven't been able to put my finger on what irritated me so much.

I didn't mind her boarding earlier. I would bet everyone else would do the same thing if given the opportunity.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I really want to like these two. Right now, I just admire her spirit and his ability to support and encourage. They were a bit irritating but I haven't been able to put my finger on what irritated me so much.

I didn't mind her boarding earlier. I would bet everyone else would do the same thing if given the opportunity.
    I didnt mind her boarding early either but later on when it seemed everyone was having a problem getting a cab that would take them and she approached the cabby saying it was an emergency and pointed to her leg, that's when I was a bit taken aback. Especially since right after that in the cab she did a "confessional" where she said the leg was doing fine....the were containing the hydrolic fluid....etc.

I just hope, as someone else said, this isnt a regular occurance. I'd like to see them try and win without using it.

De-lurking for a quick thought:

My main disappointment with them is Peter's attitude. He came off as super-bossy and controlling. Sarah seemed quiet and submissive in comparison. I just didn't like the way he ordered her around during the Labor task and then talked to her like a child when they were running up the stairs. I think he means to be encouraging, but it just sounds condescending to me.

I wonder if the self-described "independent" single moms feel similarly. Maybe they're responding to him, not Sarah?

+ Reply to Thread