+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2113545;
    I didn't like either one of them for different reasons, but they started out being my favorite couple. He became an arrogant a**; and she whined every time she had to do a difficult challenge (why do it and volunteer for it). The way she talked about him to the camera (in front of him) was rude. They will end up being enemies because they don't even like each other enough to be "just friends". Glad they are gone.
    Seriously, when did she whine that much. All I ever see is the 'Bama Moma's always saying I can't do it. I see Sara talking to herself to get herself focused to do the challenge if that is seen as whinning then Sara is a baby compared to me when I work out. I have seen teams scream at each other during this race and no one call them on it but Sara is lambasted, Why?? Rob and Emily are much, much, worst as far as having tamtrums and yelling at each other.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2113293;
    Where did you see them? Any details you wish to share?

CBS Morning Show.

Darn, I can't ever repeat a conversation - I could never be the neighborhood tattletale - just the rumour person!

Peter's speech pattern seemed totally different. Maybe because he said more. He appeared to have a lisp - talked from his back teeth. Does that make sense?

He said that him congratulating Sarah and them sharing of it was never seen on tv. He also asked Sarah to qualify some of the remarks made on tv - maybe twice - to vindicate him - my choice of words.

Did anyone else see the clip and can fill in please?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2113931;
    Seriously, when did she whine that much. All I ever see is the 'Bama Moma's always saying I can't do it. I see Sara talking to herself to get herself focused to do the challenge if that is seen as whinning then Sara is a baby compared to me when I work out. I have seen teams scream at each other during this race and no one call them on it but Sara is lambasted, Why?? Rob and Emily are much, much, worst as far as having tamtrums and yelling at each other.
    Bearcata, do you mean Rob and Kimberly? The couple that needs bottling as an explosive device.

FORT Regular
    Like Bearcata, I think that Sarah doesn't whine, she just talks to herself and express outloud her feelings when she's in tough situations. The Moms are the same, always saying "they can't", but when they just push it a bit, they actually can do it. Maybe the "I can't" lament is more like a language habit ^^

Otherwise, I don't think that Sarah was rude with Peter.. She just said that Peter is great in some points, but she needed nurturing and caring and Peter didn't show those 2, which is true (I mean from the editing, what we saw). Maybe, the fact that she made a general statement "Peter is not nurturing nor caring" made it rude. Because he was not to her, but we don't know if it would be true with another woman (or man, let's be silly =D).
    I don't think Peter was really surprized... As I see it, he was like "no hope in this relationship, just let it go". At least, he didn't blame Sarah for this failure ^^

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by scsi commando;2113832;
    Umm... like Charla and Mirna?

"Doctoro!!!"
    You know, I kind of compare them to Charla and Mirna -- and I can honestly say that I don't think Charla would have asked Mirna (or whichever one was the dwarf) to do a task she simply wasn't equipped for. I remember Charla hauling that huge piece of meat several blocks to the butcher and that had to be hard work. In my mind, Peter would have gotten Sarah to do it.

Peter took the simple tasks and whined about it. Charla wouldn't have ever done that. Charla would have taken the hard tasks and whined about it. Still, that's better than that lazy-azz Peter.

MRD
    I saw the early show and it was pretty bland. Peter was called out for being rude and he said it was encouragement, he was trying to encourage her to be the best and that what was never shown was how encouraging he was to her at the pit stops and telling her how proud he was of her for being able to do everything.
    She said it was because both compete in Iron Man competitions and that is an individual sport so they didn't really know how to work as a team. They both said they were friends, but it would take time.

I got the impression that this is probably the first time they've seen each other since the end of the race. She never looked at Peter during the interview and he was as nice as can be which was so unlike the Peter in the race. He did say he is pretty competitive and that he wanted to win and that is what drove him like he did.

As for being friends, that rang false for both of them when they said it and the time thing, I think is more a distance thing. As in, if we keep our distance from each other, we might possibly be able to be civil to each other if we run into each other at the drugstore or something but we aren't seeking each other out to talk on the phone or do things together.

Her body language made it pretty plain on the Early Show she wants nothing to do with him. She was angled away from him, wouldn't look at him, spoke directly to the guy interviewing and never really commented directly to Peter.

Smart girl. Long term relationships and marriages have a lot of stress sometimes and if this is how he reacts to stress, I wouldn't want to be married to him and have this hanging over me in case he got upset.

He did come off on the interview still as kind of cocky, but in a more restrained way.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

CEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ReeRee;2113971;
    CBS Morning Show.
    Did anyone else see the clip and can fill in please?
    The clip is available at the Early Show webpage:

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earl...in500183.shtml
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by aname;2113545;
    The way she talked about him to the camera (in front of him) was rude. They will end up being enemies because they don't even like each other enough to be "just friends". Glad they are gone.
    I have to agree. I thought she could have been more tactful during the final talk with Phil. I was much more impressed with his words, even though I don't like him at all.

As for using her disability to their advantage - did anyone notice they had a wheelchair sign hanging from their rearview mirror on Sunday's episode? I wonder if they asked for it or if it was given to them? I guess it would have given them an advantage if they had a closer parking space. But any advantage would have probably been negligible.

Personally, I don't want to see a TAR of super-athletes. I like it the way it is, with people of different abilities. Sarah is disabled, yes, and she did whine a lot, but she did complete all the challenges she faced and she did pretty well throughout the race. Anyhow, as we know, TAR is not just about athletics, it is about smarts, too. Being highly athletic will only get you so far.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CEO;2114367;
    The clip is available at the Early Show webpage:

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earl...in500183.shtml
    Trouble is is about 8:17pm and that interview is gone from the CBSnews site. I did go to the TAR site and listened to Peter and Sarah's parting words interview and she was very generous and kind and supportive about Peter.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2114371;
    I have to agree. I thought she could have been more tactful during the final talk with Phil. I was much more impressed with his words, even though I don't like him at all.

As for using her disability to their advantage - did anyone notice they had a wheelchair sign hanging from their rearview mirror on Sunday's episode? I wonder if they asked for it or if it was given to them? I guess it would have given them an advantage if they had a closer parking space. But any advantage would have probably been negligible.

Personally, I don't want to see a TAR of super-athletes. I like it the way it is, with people of different abilities. Sarah is disabled, yes, and she did whine a lot, but she did complete all the challenges she faced and she did pretty well throughout the race. Anyhow, as we know, TAR is not just about athletics, it is about smarts, too. Being highly athletic will only get you so far.
    I thought she talked about him in a very honest manner, and I was proud of her for saying what was on her mind. Good for you, Sarah!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread