+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

FORT Regular
    Broadway, so please, can you remind me what fun he exactly made about the other teams, because I don't remember now ^^
    (moreover, English is my second language, so I don't always catch the exact and real meaning)

I don't remember the exact quotes, Junmia, just like I don't remember the exact quotes that he made about David and Mary. But I do remember that he was going through the entire group with fairly accurate portrayals. Even his portrayal of Mary was spot-on, yet obnoxious.

I'm on the East Coast, so I can't TiVo TAR this season, unfortunately. I can't go back and transcribe it. Sorry.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Upperclassman
    For those interested and having a recording of last Sunday's show, there is a more extensive footage of the Peter/Sarah/Dustin/Kandice conversation in which he imitates Mary in the episode clips on Innertube on the CBS website.

I am not a fan of Peter's, not liking his interaction with Sarah, but I want to defend him on a couple of points. Not so much on the show, but more apparent on the episode clips of the same CBS website, Rob/Kimberly and Tyler/James are partnering like the "Backpack Alliance" of Erwin/Godwin, Karlyn/Lyn, and David/Mary. If this was concerning to Peter, and I could envision that it would, we would approach the only remaining team, Dustin/Kandice. It is only the fact that they are young and gorgeous makes him appear seedy and two-timing.

It appears these 2 women are attempting to play an independent game, not relying on others, and not interested in helping any other team.

I didn't think his imitating Mary was that bad, not necessarily PC, but not worthy of hatred towards him(unless you are a big Mary fan). However, if he continues, it can be irritating.

Others have mentioned that Peter is not assisting Sarah as they are running to places, however, this could be attributed to Sarah not wanting help. She may have told him not to do this and he is respecting her wishes. Given that she expressed a high degree of displeasure with him at the bus stop, the fact that he is not carrying her is not an issue with her. Likewise, I'd guess Sarah to be about 100-115 lbs., and they may not be racing faster with him carrying this much weight.

It will be interesting to know how their relationship proceeds after the contest.

To the Point
    Quote Originally Posted by Moekle;2110379;

Others have mentioned that Peter is not assisting Sarah as they are running to places, however, this could be attributed to Sarah not wanting help. She may have told him not to do this and he is respecting her wishes. Given that she expressed a high degree of displeasure with him at the bus stop, the fact that he is not carrying her is not an issue with her. Likewise, I'd guess Sarah to be about 100-115 lbs., and they may not be racing faster with him carrying this much weight.

It will be interesting to know how their relationship proceeds after the contest.

Assisting doesn't mean carrying. However, there have been several times that she could have used a bit of assistance in getting up and over walls. I somehow don't think she would have refused a hand. Even some of the other competitors struggled a bit and Sarah's leg, or lack thereof, had to have made these obstacles more of an issue. Also, he could assist by simply shutting his big mouth rather than treating her like a dog by screaming at her as if she isn't giving 100%. He's just so very smug.

They would probably get a bunch of "sound bites" from me in these circumstances.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    He thinks he's the Machismo-ist person on the planet. As if everyone else is just stoopit.. and hero Peter-know-it-all will swoop in and "fix everything".

I'm glad SHE broke up with him on television. She wasn't my favorite racer, especially with the "I need assistance" to better their positions.. but, I was feeling sorry for her midway through the episodes.
    So-long Peter.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Junmia;2108239;
    Broadway, so please, can you remind me what fun he exactly made about the other teams, because I don't remember now ^^
    (moreover, English is my second language, so I don't always catch the exact and real meaning)
    Peter, Sarah, Dustin and Kandice were sitting around a table, I think this was in an airport waiting area. Peter began by saying, "I can't believe Kentucky (David and Mary) are still in this". He imitated Mary's (Southern American) accent, in order to imply she is stupid (it's the way he did it). He imitated Mary complaining about her ankle, to imply she is a whiner. He also pretended Mary was asking how to find a Burger King (fast food), implying she thinks about junk food on a race like this.

When he did this, Dustin and Kandice laughed a lot. Sarah seemed to lower her head and not laugh. That's how I remember things, anyway.

in a small small world made of green and blue :)
    so so glad these two are eliminated. im okay with sarah but peter is just plain annoying
    `~`~ When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the world would know PEACE.

CCL
    I could say I was sorry to see this team go...but I'd be lying. It was amusing to see Mr Smug pat himself on the back that he found the detour and then come to the realization that he'd stumbled upon the fast forward instead.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Newbie
    I just watched Peter and Sarah on tv. Glad to see Sarah looking well.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think what Sarah said to the host about Peter's personality caught Peter waaaay off guard....and that pleased me!

I'd like to see those blonde witches go next. They make me ill.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread