+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

FORT Regular
    +1 for all the comments about Peter.

Sarah is a fighter, it's obvious. She is the one who wanted to finish the packing, she is the one who wanted to move forward. Peter behaves as if Sarah has given up on life.

Keyword is "recently dating". I really hope Sarah will reconsider her relation with Peter.

If i root for this team, it would be only because of Sarah ^^

It cracked me up when Peter said they could use Sarah's prosthesis to their advantage and tried to get money from Chinese passer-by who watched Sarah's leg with NO success.

I think that Sarah's prosthesis will not be an advantage.
    Sarah's will to fight and tenacity will pull her (them) up.

FORT Fan
    i agree with all the comments re Peter. he seemed so condescending as well, as if he's more superior to Sarah just because he has both legs and can fix her articial leg (although apparantly not the hydrolic fluid). if i was Sarah i would've slapped him so much during that detour task, and from the looks of it, she probably wanted to as well

CEO
    To be fair to Peter. I suspect that he has a vast amount of experience working with people without limbs -- it is what he does for a living. Perhaps his personality is built around many he works with that aren't like Sarah. I don't think I would want a person like that as my mate, but a person who takes charge and is over-supportive might be just the ticket for people who are dealing with something like a missing limb. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and rely on my beleif that he means well, but just doesn't register that Sarah is a more powerful woman than he (and us) are used to being with.

I like them. If they can get used to each other and play into the strengths of the other, they will be successful with this race and they will live happily ever after. Never forget that they are new to each other -- how many of us would be secure racing around the world with a new boyfriend or Girlfriend? They don't even know each other and haven't made the accomodations to one another that we ALL go through in the first years with our life partners (whatever team you play for)...
    Last edited by CEO; 09-26-2006 at 09:58 AM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CEO View Post
    To be fair to Peter. I suspect that he has a vast amount of experience working with people without limbs -- it is what he does for a living. Perhaps his personality is built around many he works with that aren't like Sarah.
    Then let's just be glad he's not a gynecologist!

FORT Regular
    I like this team, I am inspired by Sarah. She is much stronger than I would be! I don't see anything wrong with using her leg to get special treatment - is it really any different than people that ask a "guide" to come with them, or a taxi that will let them follow, or a replacement car is given when your own stupidity got you stuck in the mud? Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and it is in fact a race.

I think people are a little hard on these two as people. First of all they have just recently started dating and are getting used to each other, they are in foreign countries where the language barrier is beyond frustrating and there is the pressure of the race itself. Imagine how many of you just "lose it" just trying to drive to and from work each day.....I would be a basket case! Unfortunately under stress we sometimes say stupid things, so I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt.

They may have only recently begun dating but I believe they said they have known eachother for 7 years, they train together for the Iron Man competitions and help coach eachother through those races. While the first few days of TAR would be incredibly unnerving to most people, these two do have experience in highly competitive and physical situations. Enough experience, IMO, to warrant better personal behavior to your racing partner regardless of your relationship status. I wouldn't treat my dog like Peter treats Sarah--and my dog wouldn't cry, whine and carry on like Sarah either!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    They may have only recently begun dating but I believe they said they have known eachother for 7 years, they train together for the Iron Man competitions and help coach eachother through those races. While the first few days of TAR would be incredibly unnerving to most people, these two do have experience in highly competitive and physical situations. Enough experience, IMO, to warrant better personal behavior to your racing partner regardless of your relationship status. I wouldn't treat my dog like Peter treats Sarah--and my dog wouldn't cry, whine and carry on like Sarah either!
    They both trained for the Iron Man I don't think they trained together. Big diff.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular
    Actually they did train and work together. it's written on CBS site:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...er_sarah.shtml

That's quite ironic because Sarah is the motivational speaker ^^ but Peter is doing this job with her.
    I understand encouraging your partner and mate in tense moments but during episode 2, Peter just acted wrong (and almost putting the blame on Sarah for HIS ill decisions.)

Moreover, I think that Peter's job is more technical. His expertise is "fitting and aligning" prosthesis, not to emotionnally and psychologically help the patients (which is Sarah's job).
    Last edited by Junmia; 09-27-2006 at 03:48 AM.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tkportersat View Post
    I like this team, I am inspired by Sarah. She is much stronger than I would be! I don't see anything wrong with using her leg to get special treatment - is it really any different than people that ask a "guide" to come with them, or a taxi that will let them follow, or a replacement car is given when your own stupidity got you stuck in the mud? Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses and it is in fact a race.
    The problem I personally have with it, is not that it gives them an advantage. The thing that bugs me about it is I dont like when someone says they dont want to be treated differently because of their disability and can do anything anyone else can do but then uses that disability to play "weak" or garner sympathy when it is to their advantage or helps them gain something. It is highly hypocritical and fairly disgusting because you are allowing people to play into that sterotype. I had a friend who lost a full leg in Vietnam. He never used a wheel chair but prefered to walk like the rest of us (with crutches, he did not have a prothesis) and he was so determined not to be treated differently even in the little things. For example, he wouldnt take a seat on the subway if someone offered it because he really didnt need it! Now that is someone who - in my opinion - can be respected and admired. He is actually helping to change people's perceptions of what someone with a disability is capable of - not perpetuating those mis-conceptions by encouraging perople to feel sorry for them when they need something. It's just morally wrong, it has nothing to do with the race.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Yes, but it has everything to do with winning 1 million dollars (at least I think that's how much it is.) I can't be mad at them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread