+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Peter & Sarah

Paging all you New Yorkers and fans of "Good Morning, America"... is it me, or could Peter be the younger brother of weatherman Sam Champion?

http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/22/gma-signs-new-weatherman-today/
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckoosNest View Post
    Paging all you New Yorkers and fans of "Good Morning, America"... is it me, or could Peter be the younger brother of weatherman Sam Champion?

http://www.tmz.com/2006/08/22/gma-signs-new-weatherman-today/
    OMG thank you! I'm not the only one! Last night about 10 times I kept doing double takes thinking I was watching Sam (he does the local weather here in NY, so he's been on my TV forever!)

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    OMG thank you! I'm not the only one! Last night about 10 times I kept doing double takes thinking I was watching Sam (he does the local weather here in NY, so he's been on my TV forever!)
    No, thank you. I'm so relieved to find out I don't have an over-active imagination!

The resemblance really is uncanny, isn't it?
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

So THAT's who it is that he looks like! I've been staring at him trying to figure out who he resembled.

I've been out of NYC for nearly three years now... Sam didn't jump to mind. Thanks, Cuckoo!!!

This is my least favorite couple on the show. And it's not because of Sarah's disability. It's because of their attitude. They seem to have an in-your-face we're not only as good as you, but we're better than you aura about them.

Yes, Sarah has a disability physically. But she has travelled and competed in iron man. She is in physical shape. She has her prof. mentor and trainer with her at all times. They know sports psychology and use it. They have many advantages over other couples such as the two single moms (who are not in top condition) and the coalminer and his wife (who never even saw an Asian person before or travelled).

To me they're not dis-advantaged. Therefore I don't have the conclusion that they 'should' win or are doing any better than other couples because of the disability.

My two cents.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

One of my favorite parts of the show is the start times for the leg. Peter & Sarah were only 10 or so minutes behind Team Model at the start. I don't want to downplay the difficulty she must have had climbing that wall, but I do think that there was some favorable editing (say it ain't so!) to make it seem harder for her than it was. They arrived at the wall 3rd and finished 3rd.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Regular
    I don't mind Sarah but I was trying to pinpoint the "creepy" factor of Peter and I came to this conclusion. He doesn't act like a boyfriend - he's constantly Motivational Speaker Man. He doesn't know how to act like a normal person. It's like he's always behind a podium doing a power point demo.

I agree, elizabeth! I just got really angry watching Peter throughout last night's show--enough that I wanted to throttle him. He is so domineering and rude in the relationship, and I use the term "relationship" loosely. He is creepy and very passive aggressive toward Sarah. He makes her feel inadequate and then gives her the motivational spiel. I'd be in tears around the cretin, too. I'm glad she acknowledged the way he is treating her in certain situations and that she's taking note of it. Be a smart girl, and run the other way!

Guess what? He was the quitter at the tent task, not Sarah. Then, when they failed the water challenge, having to go back to the tent challenge, he puts the blame on her in the car with the, "How much of a meltdown was that you had?" Grade A jerk.

I don't really see Sarah as someone with a "disability". To me, disability equates with being incapacitated in some way, and she really isn't. It's unfortunate she is missing a limb but it doesn't hold her back in any way...she had trouble with the rope climbing but no more than some of the other racers.

Her relationship with Peter is disturbing. It's not as obviously icky as, say, Jonathan & Victoria - Peter's more subtle and Sarah isn't a shrieking harpy - but it doesn't look entirely healthy to me. He's very patronizing and overly paternal when he speaks to her, but fortunately she seems aware that his attitude towards her is more parent-child than partner.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet View Post
    Then, when they failed the water challenge, having to go back to the tent challenge, he puts the blame on her in the car with the, "How much of a meltdown was that you had?"
    Yeah, except it totally wasn't a meltdown at all. She got a little teary and even told him that they needed to keep moving. Unless he considers a meltdown to be her questioning his authority, then no, she didn't have a meltdown.

What a jerkwad.

+ Reply to Thread