+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Erwin & Godwin

I expected them to be [FA edit]. I was totally off guard when they got a team to follow them. I didn't expect it. (gosh, it seems like all my first impressions were wrong.) I was laughing out loud when they got busted for the water guns at the airport...
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 09-18-2006 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Language

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Hideous names aside (what where their parents thinking?), I'm liking these two, which is rare, as I seldom get to like all-male teams.
    whant's wrong with their names? i believe in all TAR history, most of them are win by all male teams.

Erwin & Godwin seem to be nice guys who can be easily disciplined by the environment they find themselves in. After the water gun prank at the airport and finishing 11th at the Forbidden City, they appear to have kept foolishness to themselves and should now be concentrating on coming up with a good race.

As for their names, I don't see anything unusual with a name like Erwin, although as I have mentioned in an older post, their parents must have wanted to attach good fortune ('win') to their names. I wouldn't be surprised if they have relatives named Edwin, Kerwin, Winston, Winnie, Rodwin, Alwin and Corwin.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

My parents named us all siblings with names starting with the letter J. So, it's not unusual for us encounter families who want to be... ahh... playful with the children's names.

FORT Fan
    nothing wrong with their names. there's still more stranger names than Erwin and Godwin. my friend's cousin is actually called Mango. being named after a fruit is much stranger to me

i was cringing when they were playing with the water gun at the airport. but they seem to be nice racers who just want to have fun as well. hope they do better the next leg

Quote Originally Posted by *CaT* View Post
    nothing wrong with their names. there's still more stranger names than Erwin and Godwin. my friend's cousin is actually called Mango. being named after a fruit is much stranger to me
    Does Mango have any siblings - Jango, Tango, Durango, Getgo?
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    Does Mango have any siblings - Jango, Tango, Durango, Getgo?
    not sure about siblings, but i know my friend has another cousin called Cherry IMO, Cherry is not as bad as Mango...
    Last edited by *CaT*; 09-19-2006 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *CaT* View Post
    not sure about siblings, but i know my friend has another cousin called Cherry IMO, Cherry is not as bad as Mango...
    I was just making a joke. One summer, on vacation, we met a family where the two older children were Jay and Kay. But, they had a third, and his name was (yes!) H.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I really liked these guys at first but their idiotic display in the airport was a real turn-off. Have they been living under a rock? You don't play with toy guns of any kind in an airport, they're lucky they weren't detained at length. Plus squirt guns in general just piss me off. Ever been hit in the eye and have your contact dislodge and scratch your cornea? Not Fun. So, I'm a bit biased against the squirt guns. Hopefully, they'll stay in long enough to "win" me back because other than the guns I really did like these two.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

FORT Newbie
    I have to be honest besides the squirt gun they haven't been so entertaining so far. I mean dont get me wrong there nice guys but i was hoping we would get to see more of them last night because they were boring IMO not that good tv but there really good guys having a good time and I do hope they do well. Who knows its only the first episode I might start to like them.

+ Reply to Thread