+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAR 10 - Duke & Lauren

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I might be eating my words but so far these two came across a lot different than I thought they would. Given their relationship (and given Duke's reaction in the opening intros I think it's real and not just used for a hook on the show) I figured they'd be at each other's throats from the start but they seem like every other parent/child team. Hopefully they don't fall into the parent/child team curse and go out early because I'd like to see them last awhile. They seem strong and capable.

I was almost shocked at how the father admitted he wasn't really proud of his daughter because of her orientation. Sheesh! What year is it?

I was quite surprised they really worked very well as a team. Hopefully, this will continue to be a very good positive experience for both of them. Not my favorites but wishing them luck.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

I was almost shocked at how the father admitted he wasn't really proud of his daughter because of her orientation. Sheesh! What year is it?

I was quite surprised they really worked very well as a team. Hopefully, this will continue to be a very good positive experience for both of them. Not my favorites but wishing them luck.
    I wasn't upset that he said he was disappointed (of course him crying sort of made me feel like that). Maybe he could have used a better word choice but Lauren's probably heard it all, and worse, before. I think the fact that Duke coming on the show with his openly gay daughter, even though he may not agree with her lifestyle, and the fact that he wants a relationship with her says a lot about him. He obviously loves her enough to overcome this.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I'm finding it hard not to like this team. Yes, obviously they've had difficulties with Lauren's homosexuality... but all things considered, they're dealing with it pretty well. I want them to go stay in the race for a while.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wasn't upset that he said he was disappointed (of course him crying sort of made me feel like that). Maybe he could have used a better word choice but Lauren's probably heard it all, and worse, before. I think the fact that Duke coming on the show with his openly gay daughter, even though he may not agree with her lifestyle, and the fact that he wants a relationship with her says a lot about him. He obviously loves her enough to overcome this.
    Very true. I hadn't read up on the teams before the race so at first I thought they were just a father-daughter team. When he said that he was a bit disappointed in her it caught me by surprise and was rather painful. I'm sure she has heard it all before, but to be able to sit by her father's side while he says he is disappointed in her...well, I give her a lot of credit for not giving up on him. And I give credit to Duke, as well, for trying to make his relationship with his daughter work once again.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I'm finding it hard not to like this team. Yes, obviously they've had difficulties with Lauren's homosexuality... but all things considered, they're dealing with it pretty well. I want them to go stay in the race for a while.
    So far they are getting along better than some teams.

These two did very well for a father-daughter team, especially considering that we know there's some bad blood in their past.

That was so funny when one of the other racers asked if they were brother and sister or if they were dating.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I thought I would very much dislike them, but I found I liked them more and more as the show went on.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    I wasn't too sure how much I could even TRY to like them, given what he said about being disappointed in her homosexuality (I could never be disappointed in my child for merely being who they are so it left me a bit jaded) but then I realized he's just a man being honest. He cried; it appears to pain him. I'm really rooting for these two now. Every victory appears to be a step closer to healing their relationship.

I guess you have to understand that he is an older guy... idk, maybe he's just not used to that type of thing.

Its great that he's getting along with his daughter a lot better now. They're a great team so far!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast