+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: TAR 10 - Duke & Lauren

  1. #11
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606
    I might be eating my words but so far these two came across a lot different than I thought they would. Given their relationship (and given Duke's reaction in the opening intros I think it's real and not just used for a hook on the show) I figured they'd be at each other's throats from the start but they seem like every other parent/child team. Hopefully they don't fall into the parent/child team curse and go out early because I'd like to see them last awhile. They seem strong and capable.

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey misskitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In the Kat House in Kanada
    Posts
    7,704


    I was almost shocked at how the father admitted he wasn't really proud of his daughter because of her orientation. Sheesh! What year is it?

    I was quite surprised they really worked very well as a team. Hopefully, this will continue to be a very good positive experience for both of them. Not my favorites but wishing them luck.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

  3. #13
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post


    I was almost shocked at how the father admitted he wasn't really proud of his daughter because of her orientation. Sheesh! What year is it?

    I was quite surprised they really worked very well as a team. Hopefully, this will continue to be a very good positive experience for both of them. Not my favorites but wishing them luck.
    I wasn't upset that he said he was disappointed (of course him crying sort of made me feel like that). Maybe he could have used a better word choice but Lauren's probably heard it all, and worse, before. I think the fact that Duke coming on the show with his openly gay daughter, even though he may not agree with her lifestyle, and the fact that he wants a relationship with her says a lot about him. He obviously loves her enough to overcome this.

  4. #14
    Leo
    Leo is offline
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    10,033
    I'm finding it hard not to like this team. Yes, obviously they've had difficulties with Lauren's homosexuality... but all things considered, they're dealing with it pretty well. I want them to go stay in the race for a while.

  5. #15
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,632
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wasn't upset that he said he was disappointed (of course him crying sort of made me feel like that). Maybe he could have used a better word choice but Lauren's probably heard it all, and worse, before. I think the fact that Duke coming on the show with his openly gay daughter, even though he may not agree with her lifestyle, and the fact that he wants a relationship with her says a lot about him. He obviously loves her enough to overcome this.
    Very true. I hadn't read up on the teams before the race so at first I thought they were just a father-daughter team. When he said that he was a bit disappointed in her it caught me by surprise and was rather painful. I'm sure she has heard it all before, but to be able to sit by her father's side while he says he is disappointed in her...well, I give her a lot of credit for not giving up on him. And I give credit to Duke, as well, for trying to make his relationship with his daughter work once again.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey Cornedbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I'm finding it hard not to like this team. Yes, obviously they've had difficulties with Lauren's homosexuality... but all things considered, they're dealing with it pretty well. I want them to go stay in the race for a while.
    So far they are getting along better than some teams.

  7. #17
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    These two did very well for a father-daughter team, especially considering that we know there's some bad blood in their past.

    That was so funny when one of the other racers asked if they were brother and sister or if they were dating.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

  8. #18
    FORT Fan AlyCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    352
    I thought I would very much dislike them, but I found I liked them more and more as the show went on.

  9. #19
    Loaded God Complex MajiH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Posts
    5,798
    I wasn't too sure how much I could even TRY to like them, given what he said about being disappointed in her homosexuality (I could never be disappointed in my child for merely being who they are so it left me a bit jaded) but then I realized he's just a man being honest. He cried; it appears to pain him. I'm really rooting for these two now. Every victory appears to be a step closer to healing their relationship.

  10. #20
    FORT Fogey Super Goten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,051
    I guess you have to understand that he is an older guy... idk, maybe he's just not used to that type of thing.

    Its great that he's getting along with his daughter a lot better now. They're a great team so far!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.