+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAR10 Teams Announced **Minor Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

TAR10 Teams Announced **Minor Spoilers**

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-amazingrace10cast,0,7072220.st ory?track=rss

Some location spoilers below so if you don't like know that stuff before hand skip the last two paragraphs before they reveal the teams

Diverse Cast Embarks on 'Amazing Race'
    Show's 10th edition includes Muslim team, amputee
    July 15 2006

'Amazing Race' host Phil KeoghanPASADENA, Calif. -- The 10th edition of "The Amazing Race" will kick off with one of the most diverse groups of teams the show has ever had.

The Emmy-winning series, which moves to Sundays in the fall, will feature 12 teams this time, up from the usual complement of 11. Racers include the show's first-ever Muslim team -- a pair of Browns-loving best friends from Cleveland -- along with an Indian-American couple, an amputee (Sarah Reinertsen) who competes in triathlons and a father and his lesbian daughter.

And, yes, there are a couple of models, as well as a pair of Miss USA contestants.

"The range in this cast is remarkable," host Phil Keoghan told reporters Saturday at the Television Critics Association press tour. "We've never had such a broad spectrum of people."

The 12 teams will be put to the test right away, executive producers Bertram Van Munster and Jonathan Littman say. Instead of "easing in" to the competition by sending the teams to Europe or South America first, the teams will first head to China after starting in Seattle.

The racers will also travel to Mongolia, Kuwait, Vietnam and Madagascar. In all, the race will cover some 40,000 miles in 30 days.

Here's who's competing:

Names: Vipul and Arti Patel
    Ages: 29, 26
    Occupations: Sales, nutritional educator
    Hometown: Windermere, Fla.
    Relationship: Married

Names: Lyn Turk and Karlyn Harris
    Ages: both 32
    Occupations: Teacher, program analyst
    Hometown: Birmingham, Ala., Helena, Ala.
    Relationship: Best friends

Names: David and Mary Conley
    Ages: 32, 31
    Occupations: Coal miner, homemaker
    Hometown: Stone, Ky.
    Relationship: Married parents

Names: Bilal Abdul-Mani and Sa'eed Rudolph
    Ages: 37, 39
    Occupations: Medical supply technician, power lineman
    Hometown: Cleveland

Names: Peter Harsch and Sarah Reinertsen
    Ages: 35, 31
    Occupations: Clinical prosthetitist, motivational speaker
    Hometown: Laguna Beach, Calif., Trabuco Canyon, Calif.
    Relationship: Friends

Names: Rob Diaz and Kimberly Chabolla
    Ages: 31, 28
    Occupations: Bartender/real estate student, public relations
    Hometown: Los Angeles
    Relationship: Dating

Names: Tyler Denk and James Branaman
    Ages: 29, 27
    Occupations: both models

Names: Erwin and Godwin Cho
    Ages: 32, 29
    Occupations: Insurance company manager, financial analyst
    Hometown: San Francisco
    Relationship: Brothers

Names: Tom Rock and Terry Cosentino
    Ages: 39, 45
    Occupations: College admissions director, special events director
    Hometown: New York City

Names: Kellie Patterson and Jamie Hill
    Ages: both 22
    Occupations: Student, recent college graduate
    Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

Names: Dustin Konzelman and Kandice Pelletier
    Ages: both 24
    Occupations: Reigning Miss California USA/marketing director, reigning Miss New York USA/Rockette
    Hometown: Riverside, Calif., New York City

Names: Duke and Lauren Marcoccio
    Ages: 52, 26
    Occupations: Tour company owner, speech and language pathologist
    Hometown: Warwick, R.I.
    Relationship: Father and daughter
    Last edited by karalott; 07-15-2006 at 06:52 PM.

This sounds like an interesting cast, and an interesting season shaping up.

I hate to judge anything based on names alone, but it seems to be a fairly diverse cast. That makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    This sounds like an interesting cast, and an interesting season shaping up.

I hate to judge anything based on names alone, but it seems to be a fairly diverse cast. That makes me happy.
    One thing I like about this cast is that it looks like, for once, the majority of teams have an equal shot. It's kind of hard to tell without seeing pictures or the racers in action, but the oldest contestant is 52, and the rest are mainly in their 20's or 30's. It might be a nice change of pace not to see the same teams dominating and the same teams you wish were eliminated every week to put them out of their misery because they're only getting by on luck and other teams mistakes.

I've spoiled myself on all the locations, and looking at this cast I really think that TAR is back to it's roots

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Names: Lyn Turk and Karlyn Harris
    Ages: both 32
    Occupations: Teacher, program analyst
    Hometown: Birmingham, Ala., Helena, Ala.
    ....alright...some more Alabama people!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! please don't be idiots...

And the teams are going to Kuwait........I'd be a little afraid of that one!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    And the teams are going to Kuwait........I'd be a little afraid of that one!
    I would guess it has all been taped by now...I don't see them going to Kuwait with the current situation in the Middle East.
    Seems like a good cast - not as "modelly/actory" as some other seasons. And the locations seem good. Looking forward to it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/719/719128p1.html

Some more info on the teams (some of the locations are revealed in the above article so don't click if you don't want to know):

Name: Vipul Patel

Name: Arti Patel

Relationship: Married

Vipul and Arti are the first Indian-American team to run the Race. Both speak several languages and are well-traveled. Vipul admits to being a bit overzealous, while Arti takes great pride in her ability to reign in his emotions and focus his strengths - a skill she will undoubtedly be forced to call upon while racing around the world.

Name: Erwin Cho
    Hometown: San Francisco, Calif

Name: Godwin Cho
    Hometown: San Francisco, Calif

Relationship: Brothers

These overachieving, super-competitive brothers say they are ready for the adventure of a lifetime. Godwin has grown up in the shadow of his Harvard-educated brother and is eager to show his brother and his family that he has what it takes to win The Amazing Race. This team's love for traveling the world and competing is infectious.

Name: Tom Rock

Name: Terry Cosentino

This feisty, fun-loving couple has been together for over two years. Their playful nitpicking is constant, but it always ends in shared laughter. This energetic couple is hoping the Race will prove to them they have what it takes to stay together.

Name: Kellie Patterson

Name: Jamie Hill

Relationship: Best Friends

Don't let their Southern Drawls fool you. These former co-captains of the University of South Carolina cheerleading squad are highly competitive and just might have what it takes to be the first female team to win The Amazing Race.

Name: Lyn Turk
    Hometown: Birmingham, Ala

Name: Karlyn Harris
    Hometown: Helena, Ala.

These two Alabama mothers have known each other since 9th grade. The Amazing Race will be the first time the two have ever traveled abroad together. Both have limited traveling experience, but are hoping their resourcefulness and wit will make them the team to beat.

Name: David Conley

Name: Mary Conley

Relationship: Married Parents

David and Mary are married parents who met while working at McDonald's 10 years ago. David was in the Army and did some traveling while Mary can count on one hand how many times she's been on a plane. This hard-working couple is eager to expand their horizons and see the world.

Name: Bilal Abdul-Mani
    Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

Name: Sa'eed Rudolph
    Hometown: Cleveland, Ohio

These best friends have spent years bonding over their love of food, Browns football and their shared Islamic faith. Bilal is energetic and outgoing while Sa'eed is quiet and passive. Their vastly different temperaments will be fun to watch as they attempt to navigate over 40,000 miles in under 30 days.

Name: Peter Harsch
    Hometown: Laguna Beach, Calif

Name: Sarah Reinertsen
    Hometown: Trabuco Canyon, Calif

Relationship: Friends

Peter and Sarah are both Iron Man competitors who have a long history of teamwork. Sarah recently became the first female with an artificial leg to complete the Hawaii Iron Man Triathlon. Peter works as a clinical prosthetist and travels the country speaking to amputees and consulting for prosthetic legs. Both are out to win and eager to show the world that a disability will not stop them from reaching their goals.

Name: Rob Diaz

Name: Kimberly Chabolla

Rob and Kimberly met while bartending and have been dating for the last two years. Their relationship has experienced some rocky moments, yet they recently decided to take a leap and move in together. They are both looking to the Race to test the strength of their relationship and prove to them that they were meant to be together.

Name: Tyler Denk

Name: James Branaman

Tyler and James are not your typical "pretty boys"; they've both had their share of hard knocks. After losing track of each other several years ago, they reconnected after going through rehab and have been best friends ever since. They're hoping their new found lease on life will help carry them around the globe and across the finish line.

Name: Dustin Konzelman
    Hometown: Riverside, Calif.

Name: Kandice Pelletier
    Hometown: New York

Dustin and Kandice met while rooming together at the Miss USA pageant. Rivals at first, they quickly became friends and have been inseparable ever since. Kandice is wild and impulsive, while Dustin is religious and more conservative. Their shared trait is they are both intense competitors who thrive on winning.

Name: Duke Marcoccio

Name: Lauren Marcoccio

Relationship: Father/Daughter

When Lauren told her family that she was gay, her father didn't react well to the news and the two were estranged for several years. They are currently rebuilding their relationship and hope the Race will help them recapture the closeness they once shared.
    Godwin and Erwin sound like the male version of TAR2's Mary/Peach. And James/Tyler don't sound like the typical pretty boy model generic boring alpha males teams we've been seeing the last few seasons. In all, still sounds like a very good cast with maybe some fresh dynamics and personalities instead of the same old token stuff we've seen season after season (give or take a few teams, like Rob/Kimberly, the dating couple who are doing this to see if they were made for each other )
    Last edited by karalott; 07-16-2006 at 11:11 PM.

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's an interesting cast - at least they all look reasonably competitive and the backstories are not the usual cookie-cutter ones.

However, I get the feeling some of these, while looking good on paper, will be massive disappointments.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/277773_amazingrace17.html

The above article talks about the new race starting in Seattle and some of the locations it visits this season, and also has a photo of the new TAR10 cast (even when you zoom in it's still kind of bad quality but better than nothing

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Here's one more article that has most of the same info as above, but it does talk about the fairness of BJ and Tyler's non elimination legs when they were in last place and the possibility of an All Star Amazing Race.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2006/07/17/1688447.html
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

A short article on Kellie and Jamie from a local news station here (it has a picture and a link to their casting audition, too):

http://www.wltx.com/FYI/story.aspx?storyid=39966
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast