+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAR10 Teams Announced **Minor Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    im interested in seeing how the muslim friends do? i really like this aspect being explored.

The only thing that annoys me is seeing yet three more couples that are going on the race to "test their relationship." :nono Tsk tsk... that hasn't proven to be overly successful in the past.

Okay, I'll have to say, I am so loving the diversity this time. Still, I think they missed out on a good chance of a bit more diversity, cause if it had been up to me, I'd have put up four all-male teams, 4 co-ed teams and 4 all-girl teams, for a total of 12. At least it'd give a bit more of a chance for an all-girl team to finally win the race.

Though it's not much info so far, I'll be my usual self and pick first info Sentimental Favorites, which are Jamie & Kellie, Peter & Sarah, Dustin & Kandice, Erwin & Godwin and Bilal & Sa'eed.

Here's an article on IGN, which includes photos of the teams.

Looks like an interesting group.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    When Lauren told her family that she was gay, her father didn't react well to the news and the two were estranged for several years. They are currently rebuilding their relationship and hope the Race will help them recapture the closeness they once shared.
    maybe they do some bonding while oogling over the beauty queens.

yeah ... i'm bad. LOL

FORT Regular
    Wow! Thanks LAGuy for that link. It was great to see the pictures of the individual teams.

Here is a puzzler. Every place talks about 12 teams - EXCEPT a newspaper in Seattle where the Race started. It says "13 teams rushed down the hillside". The paper includes a group shot but when you count the teams there are only 12.

So what do you make of that? Was is just a typo? Or is there going to be a surprise team - maybe a returning team from a previous season that they are keeping on the QT?

LAGuy, thanks for posting the link with the photos. Also thanks to everyone for all the TAR10 info.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie98642 View Post
    Wow! Thanks LAGuy for that link. It was great to see the pictures of the individual teams.

Here is a puzzler. Every place talks about 12 teams - EXCEPT a newspaper in Seattle where the Race started. It says "13 teams rushed down the hillside". The paper includes a group shot but when you count the teams there are only 12.

So what do you make of that? Was is just a typo? Or is there going to be a surprise team - maybe a returning team from a previous season that they are keeping on the QT?
    I had read a few articles (a couple of them were by the same author) that said there were 13 teams next season, one of which was one from last season. If the producers pull a Stephenie/Bobby Jon move from Survivor then what looked to be a potentially great season of TAR just went downhill really fast. But I'm not sure if I buy it. The wording may indicate that it was someone who applied last season but didn't make it (maybe a team that was originally selected but had to back out at the last minute for some reason), or maybe even a team that made the finals but not the final cut. And the other thing makes it sounds like it's not an actual team, but rather just two contestants from last season that will be forming a new team. Hopefully it's not true. Rumors are flying that next season of TAR will be an AS. Enough gimmicks! I want original TAR back.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie98642 View Post

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/277...ingrace17.html
    Was this the article you were referring to?

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/t...ves/105073.asp

There are 12 teams. The P-I is running a correction in Wednesday's paper. Sorry about the confusion.
    If you scroll to the bottom, you will see this.

Thanks for that link LAGuy.

When I read the earlier articles on the TAR 10 Cast (ones without pics), I thought that Terry Cosentino and Tom Rock were a hetero couple. Imagine my surprise when I saw their actual photo!

Duke Marcoccio is the oldest at 52 and looks to be in pretty good shape.

I can't recall any other Asian team ever being on TAR before, so this is another first, right?

Looking forward to the start of TAR10....it can't come soon enough!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast