+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'The Amazing Race 10' To Air On Sundays

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    Actually, karalott, CBS is moving 'Without A Trace' to Sunday nights, and is replacing the Thursday 10 PM timeslot with a new legal thriller called 'Shark'.

Why couldn't CBS have given the Thursday 10 PM slot to 'The Amazing Race'? It deserves the 'CSI' lead-in. Maybe 'Shark' will flop, and they'll put 'Amazing Race' there instead.
    What the heck is CBS thinking? If this kills TAR and Without a Trace (one of the highlights of my Thursday night) I'll never watch their network again. Yeah, Trace may have a very strong fanbase and viewers but moving a show can do more harm than good to it.

Why not move CSI to 10 p.m. (if 'Shark' fails) and give TAR it's 9 p.m. slot? Then it could follow Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    What the heck is CBS thinking? If this kills TAR and Without a Trace (one of the highlights of my Thursday night) I'll never watch their network again. Yeah, Trace may have a very strong fanbase and viewers but moving a show can do more harm than good to it.

Why not move CSI to 10 p.m. (if 'Shark' fails) and give TAR it's 9 p.m. slot? Then it could follow Survivor.
    The Thursday at 9 PM timeslot would not be good for 'Amazing Race', since ABC is moving 'Grey's Anatomy' to that slot in the fall, and 'Grey's Anatomy' is super popular.

I think 'Amazing Race' would do great in the Thursday 10 PM timeslot. CBS hasn't had much luck with legal dramas, so maybe 'Shark' will fail. Then maybe CBS would give 'Amazing Race' that timeslot (but probably not).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by realityINXS View Post
    The Thursday at 9 PM timeslot would not be good for 'Amazing Race', since ABC is moving 'Grey's Anatomy' to that slot in the fall, and 'Grey's Anatomy' is super popular.

I think 'Amazing Race' would do great in the Thursday 10 PM timeslot. CBS hasn't had much luck with legal dramas, so maybe 'Shark' will fail. Then maybe CBS would give 'Amazing Race' that timeslot (but probably not).
    I didn't know that about Grey's Anatomy, but the 10 p.m. timeslot didn't do so well for TAR this season. Maybe Sunday won't be so bad, but I'm not too sure.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelani View Post
    *gasp!* Nooooooo...Thats Extreme Makeover: Home edition's day..

And I dont have Tivo..*dies*
    Buy a cheap tv tuner for your computer and use a free DVR program. You just need a lot of free hard drive space.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I didn't know that about Grey's Anatomy, but the 10 p.m. timeslot didn't do so well for TAR this season. Maybe Sunday won't be so bad, but I'm not too sure.
    10 pm is a dumb timeslot for TAR. If there is such a thing as a family-oriented show these days, this is it. 8 pm is the best time for it to air. I think Sunday evening is a great move.

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Remus Lupin View Post
    10 pm is a dumb timeslot for TAR. If there is such a thing as a family-oriented show these days, this is it. 8 pm is the best time for it to air. I think Sunday evening is a great move.
    I also think it is a good move. Nobody has anything to do on Sunday's but watch TV. No work, no school, and there are usually no sporting events that the kids have to attend.

It doesn't really have to compete with any other major reality shows, either. Survivor is a Thursday thing, AI is Tuesday and Wednesday, and ANTM is also Wednesday

FORT Newbie
    I'm very happy with this news. Sunday evenings we try to look for something to watch and we have a hard time finding something. This is great news for us as we have other shows that we watch during the week.

I like it on Sunday myself as I have nothing else to watch anyways. I just hope CBS sticks with this time and doesn't change it midseason.

Sunday's at 8:00 PM works for me, of course any day at any time I would be there to watch TAR. TAR 9 was a great season with a great ending and some really good teams. I'm sorry the ratings were down and hope that this move will help. I enjoyed this season immensely and hope they never stop showing The Amazing Race. What an awesome final Roadblock for the ending of this season. Hope more people catch the fever and tune in Sunday's to see TAR 10.

It's interesting seeing you guys analyzing this. XD I don't stay in the States so if the local tv station is showing it live from there, it will be on Mondays at 8AM. No big difference to the current Thursdays at 8AM. Lol. But I just hope the change in time helps TAR. It is my favourite reality tv show so I will be really sad to see it go.
    ~~ Failure is all but a detour to success~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast