+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAR finale - 5/17 *spoilers*

since the bicycle task is a detour, maybe the theme park task is a roadblock?

Jeremy only; no Eric

Tyler only; no BJ

Yolanda only; no Ray
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

Hey All!!

I know I am joining in late here, but this is all too exciting to pass up!

I am really happy with the final 3 teams! I know a lot of people have said that this is their least favorite season of TAR, but it has been my favorite

As someone mentioned above, I also agree that I think the amusement park the teams are at is Fujikyu Highland - Also written FujiQ Highland. I am pretty sure the coaster they are riding is called Dodonpa. I checked out some pictures too and see that their is a tunnel right near the lift/launch area and as the previews show, it looks like the teams are being launched up a tunnel.

Edit: After further looking at the restraints on Dodonpa I am not sure if it is the same coaster, so I do apologize if I am wrong. I'm also very curious as to what park they are at because I am an amusement park fanatic

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I would just be overjoyed if the hippies won. Them or Ray/Yolanda. NO frats please!
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Looks like Mt. Fuji and looks like E&J and hippies are close to each other at the finish.

I think Ray & Yolanda win with E&J and hippies finishing in that order based on the snow on the ground in the clips.

Final leg looks like Colorado maybe Yosmite?

At the risk of being flamed on, I agree DarKensoul7! For once my team from Day 1, the hippies, is in the final 3 and itd be so awesome if they won! I'm rooting for Hippies and RayYo, but I won't be TOO sad if the frats get it. After the last episode, I am gaining more respect for them. It's going to be an intense finale!

I just checked the other boards, here's the latest:

The finish line seems to be Red Rocks, where the race originated.

According to spoiler, flight arrives Denver early morning. If this is correct, the team with the darker background should arrive Red Rocks earlier.

There seems to be a final task after they get off the taxis because there is a cluebox. If this is true, it's not possible to tell from the tracks or footprints on the snow which team finishes first.
    Last edited by Kay118; 05-11-2006 at 09:25 PM.

did we see this clip yet ?
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

http://www.celebrityspider.com/news/...e051206-3.html

"Five Continents…Ten Countries…And More Than Fifty-Nine Thousand Miles" -- After traveling to five continents, 10 countries and more than 59,000 thousand miles, one Team will be the first to cross the Finish Line and take home the one million dollar grand prize, on the two-hour season finale of THE AMAZING RACE 9, Wednesday, May 17 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

As the Teams race through Japan, they quickly learn that little mistakes can cost big time when there are only three teams left and the finish line is within reach. The last two legs of the Race around the world prove both mentally and physically grueling and it is a tight contest until the very end.

I doubt the hippies will win because in the preview, its seems like the hippies are winning and CBS isn't that dumb to reveal the winners in the preview... they just want to create the allusion they won, so people will tune in and watch the race for the hipps. since they're so popular. Ray and Yolanda or Frats are going to win!

Go FRATS!!

I am just so glad that for once, someone with the "bad team" edit didn't make it to the final three. There really isn't someone to root AGAINST this season. I am so ok with any of the final three winning.

That being said, is it Japan/Thailand, the back to the US?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast