+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo and Zach

Flo and Zach

From the official TAR 3 website:

New Yorkers Flo, 23, a public relations associate, and Zach, 23, a production assistant, have been good friends ever since they met five years ago in a cafeteria at Vassar College. While wearing a funny hat and a camouflage suit, Zach instantly caught Flo's eye. Although Flo and Zach have shared a mutual attraction for each other over the years, they've never pursued a romantic relationship.

One of their most memorable times together was when they were both bartending in college. Says Flo, "We would go crazy making drinks for the whole bar, trying to be Tom Cruise in Cocktail. It was so fun to be silly with someone while working." Ironically, one of the worst experiences they've ever had took place while they were working together. When a young girl became extremely ill from drinking too much, Flo and Zach had to rush her to the hospital. "We had to deal with the EMS and it was a really scary situation," says Zach, who adds, "It was reassuring to go through it with Flo."

Although Flo and Zach are seasoned travelers, the couple has only shared one 24-hour trip together. This Team is convinced, however, that they have what it takes to come out on top. According to Zach, "I am the logistics man. I'm good with directions, roughing it and keeping a cool head. Flo is very good at keeping things fun. She's also great at getting people to do things they might not otherwise do." Flo and Zach are looking forward to seeing some great places during the Race, and hope the experience will bring them even closer together.

Flo's birth date is January 17. Zach's birth date is June 29.

Q & A:

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Flo: Pretty extensive.
    Zach: I have traveled extensively in Europe (east and west), and have been to many other countries in South America. I've never been to Asia.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Flo: Missing flights and getting stuck in traffic.
    Zach: After a while, I find it stressful to be on the move. But in general, I find travel to be very relaxing.

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Flo: My sunscreen--and my Tylenol--migraines and a sunburn would surely slow me down.
    Zach: Probably my two pairs of super high-tech underwear. They dry in seconds and make you run faster--very funny stuff.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Flo: To see great places and to win some money.
    Zach: I wanted to be on THE AMAZING RACE to have the adventure of a lifetime and win a million bucks in the process.

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    Flo: We've never traveled together before, except one 24-hour drive to Boston.
    Zach: Not really. One time we took a marathon, one-day trip from New York to Boston. It was rugged, but good training, I hope.

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Flo: No fears.
    Zach: My biggest fear of competing in THE AMAZING RACE 3 is probably getting lost in a jungle or desert. Either that, or losing in the first leg of the Race. But that won't happen.

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Flo: I am a great traveler. I get along well with others. I am also very competitive. The only weakness is that I love to go to sleep early, and often fall asleep in random places. I've also never really roughed it.
    Zach: I am the logistics man. I am good with directions, orienteering, roughing it and keeping a cool head. One of my weaknesses is that I am not as competitive as Flo.

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
    Flo: Zach is brilliant. He is really prepared and has great endurance. Also, he is not afraid to wear one pair of underwear the whole trip. His weakness: not competitive enough.
    Zach: Flo is very good at keeping things fun. She is also great at getting people to do things they might not otherwise do. But, she can't really drive stick and doesn't have much experience roughing it.

What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
    Flo: My family.
    Zach: I'll miss my friends at home, the wolfpack, and my family.

What languages do you speak?
    Flo: Italian, French, Spanish.
    Zach: Spanish, English, Czech.

What destination are you hoping to visit?
    Flo: China.
    Zach: Rangoon and Ulan Bator, Mongolia.

What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Flo: Italy, and any Spanish speaking country!
    Zach: Chile and Bolivia.
    Last edited by cali; 09-14-2002 at 01:13 PM.

LG.
    Lots of languages and Zach likes to wear funny hats. They could be quite competitive.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Ehhh...I don't have a positive feel for them.

I'm going to wait on commenting on these two. I have the episode taped so I can do my recap... maybe I'll form an opinion on them at my second go round
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I don't mind Zach, but Flo annoyed me greatly.
    She looks like Minnie Driver. That shouldn't annoy me but it just does.
    I get the feeling Flo could be quite a bitch.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    ....and Zach likes to wear funny hats.
    Those hats bother me, it's like "hey everybody notice me".

Zach is this season's "bad hat guy", as I mention in the spoiler thread.

I think Zach would be better off without Flo, she's not going to hold out for long in the game - she's breaking down already.

Flo needs to go. She's always whining at Zach. Plus Zach seems to be doing everything, and all she's doing is flapping her jaw.

Originally posted by Wolf
    Flo needs to go. She's always whining at Zach. Plus Zach seems to be doing everything, and all she's doing is flapping her jaw.
    definitely

Zach is funny. I like him, even with the hair. But Flo's a bad match for this guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast