+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roadblock Question

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Thanks for all the roadblock info, Kay118. Which brings up the question we had last night when Fran (IMMEDIATELY after opening the roadblock information) got all stressed out and almost instantly started crying. WHY did she do it then? I was thinking that Barry has been doing all the road blocks or something and it was absolutely her turn to do one.
    So, now.. after knowing that she didn't have to do it.. why did she?

Yolanda has only done ONE?? Geez. Guess I never realized that.
    That would bug me..to know that I haven't done any of the roadblocks. I'd feel like I was lazy and being "carried".

Wasn't the sword fish a roadblock too?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Maveno, you're welcome. I think once a person decides to do the roadblock, he/she cannot switch with a teammate after opening and reading the clue. But in past seasons, I think they can decide after reading the clue. Otherwise, I don't know why Fran chose to do it.

Does anyone remember whether Yolanda chose to do the dive task in Moscow before or after opening the clue?

Carrying the swordfish was a detour, the other choice was sell fish which Fran & Barry did.

Not so sure about that Kay118.. they've been showing the teams (after reading what has to be done) trying to decide who'll do it. Hmm.. I dunno, maybe they haven't been. I could be confusing it with detours.. like I did with thinking the sword fish task was a roadblock.

I think the clue said "Who wants to hear themselves scream?" or something like that. Fran said she would do it. Then once they opened up the rest of the clue and realized that she would have to bungee jump, she started freaking out because she had always felt that was one challenge she would never want to do (same here!)

So I think that the teams read the initial clue and then decide who will do it. Then they open up and read the rest of the clue to find out exactly what it is all about. Once the decision is made who will do the roadblock, that person has to do it.....or as has been posted receive a penalty for not doing it.

What I still can't figure out is why so many of the guys did the gnome challenge a few episodes back. That would have been an easy challenge for all of the women.

I believe that once the decision on who will do the roadblock is decided they can't change their minds after they open the clue. Otherwise, they would be able to read the clue and then decide. The difference is that if there are two teams at the RB at the same time, one team may hear or see what the task is from the other team's reading out loud or decision and base their decision on that information.

You only get the little clue to deside who does it..once the decision is made you cannot pull out. After you state your decision you can then open the roadblock to find out the task.
    Never underestimate the power of a Ticked off Female...~~Jelani

I get it now, there are two clues - one sealed inside the envelope and one outside. A team makes a decision based on the brief description of this "outside" clue and once that is made cannot change his or her mind without a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay118 View Post
    I get it now, there are two clues - one sealed inside the envelope and one outside. A team makes a decision based on the brief description of this "outside" clue and once that is made cannot change his or her mind without a penalty.
    Exactly *nods*

Oh, ok. That explains it then. Did you guys look it up on the site or something?

Sorry, I am not intentionally beating a dead horse by asking these questions, I'm truly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Oh, ok. That explains it then. Did you guys look it up on the site or something?

Sorry, I am not intentionally beating a dead horse by asking these questions, I'm truly curious.
    It's been explained before...I honestly don't remember where..also if you watch,

They open the yellow envelope and when you see the roadblock clue there is a little line of writing on the outside of it. This is the "hint"

Then they state who is doing the roadblock loud enough for the camera to get it so they can't change it.

Once they say who they open the Roadblock to get the full explaination of the task

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast