+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek and Drew

Derek and Drew

From the official TAR 3 website:

Thirty-two-year-old twins Derek and Drew can't recall the last time they got into a physical fight with each other. Except maybe that time in 1981, when they had it out in the back of their parents' Buick. The pair is originally from Chicago, but currently live in Los Angeles.

After graduating from the University of Illinois, Derek and Drew pursued careers in modeling and acting, and have appeared in commercials for Revlon and hosted shows on VH-1 and E! While Drew is currently a photographer, Derek hopes to pursue his dream of becoming "the next Michael J. Fox."

Drew is still a bachelor, but Derek was married this past June. As a result, they haven't seen each other much lately, and Drew is hoping that this experience will give them the chance to reconnect. "I couldn't come up with a better excuse to spend this much quality time with my brother," joked Drew.

Derek and Drew believe that the most important element to getting ahead in the Race is cleanliness. Drew is making sure he packs his toothpaste, toothbrush and dental floss, and says, "It's nearly impossible to communicate effectively with bad breath." Derek reveals that he won't leave home without his deodorant. "I just hope to maintain a reasonable level of cleanliness and odor while on the race. Otherwise, it's almost impossible for people to deal with you," he says.

They may not be the Doublemint twins, but Derek and Drew will definitely be looking and smelling their best during their latest adventure. They're convinced that their strength, endurance and level-headedness will help them cross the finish line ahead of the pack.

Derek and Drew's birth date is August 30.

Q & A:

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Derek: My travel experience has been fairly extensive. I have lived in Italy, Germany and England. I have also lived in New York, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles.
    Drew: I have traveled extensively inside the U.S. I have lived and worked in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and have driven everywhere in between. However, I haven't traveled internationally in seven years, and have only been to Europe.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Derek: The most stressful aspect of traveling would be hygiene. I just hope to maintain a reasonable level of cleanliness and odor while on the Race. Otherwise, it is almost impossible for people to deal with you.
    Drew: Trying to smuggle on oversized carry-on baggage.

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Derek: The most important item in my backpack would have to be either deodorant or clean underwear (for reasons stated in my previous answer).
    Drew: It's a tossup between toothpaste, toothbrush, or dental floss. It's nearly impossible to communicate effectively with bad breath.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Derek: I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life, and this seems like an excellent way to discover new things about myself and what I am capable of. I also just got married, and this is probably the only time the rest of my life that I will get to spend this much time with my brother.
    Drew: I love the show, and I couldn't come up with a better excuse to spend this much quality time with my brother away from his wife after only two months of marriage. We haven't had a chance like this since he met his wife.

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    Derek: Yes, a lot, and it has always been fun and relatively stress-free. However, we have never raced anywhere, and we are both very competitive, so I expect it will be very different on the show.
    Drew: Yes, we've traveled a lot together. It has almost always been very easy and fun. We haven't physically fought on a trip since the back seat of my parents' Buick in 1981.

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Derek: That somehow I am portrayed as someone other than the fun-loving, playful and intelligent male model that I am.
    Drew: The thing I fear most about competing in the Race is actually watching the Race. I hate the thought of watching myself on TV.

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Derek: My strengths are my ability to manage stress, both my own and my brother's, and my competitive spirit. My weaknesses are that I think I know everything and I don't trust anyone.
    Drew: My strengths would have to be my physical endurance and intuitiveness. My weaknesses are my ability to manage stress (yoga is something I used to do) and my inability to ask for help.

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
    Derek: My brother's strengths are his intelligence and his competitiveness: he does not lose. My brother's weaknesses are his ability to manage stress, and beautiful girls.
    Drew: Derek's strength is his level-headedness. He can be positive in any situation, and is always the voice of reason.

What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
    Derek: My wife. We have only been married a couple of months, so it was very hard to leave her to go on the Race.
    Drew: NASCAR.

What languages do you speak?
    Derek: English. Un poquito Espaņol.
    Drew: English and Spanish (un poquito).

What destination are you hoping to visit?
    Derek: Africa, Kenya or Tanzania.
    Drew: Africa, mostly Kenya and Tanzania. I would love to see the Serengetti.

What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Derek: England or Germany.
    Drew: Italy, only because I lived there one summer (seven years ago).
    Last edited by cali; 09-14-2002 at 02:14 PM.

Aha, more twins.
    If I like them even half as much as I liked Shola and Doyin then thye will end up being one of my favourite teams.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    yes, bring on more yummy twins. I hope they are Shola and Doyin but DON'T get their jeep stuck in the sand and end up eliminated early in the race. Funny that the one who wants to be "the next Michael J. Fox" is afraid to see himself on tv.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Fraternal or identical? They look like bro's, but when they are right there next to eachother I can tell them apart... I don't know which is which, but with the same sex teams I never do!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    Wonder Twins Power - Activate.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I have to root for these guys . I have ID twins. It's a rule. Fluff must also.ID or frat ? Hard to say, only the DNA knows for sure.
    Can't remember the last time they got into a fight? Hmmmm
    Still they are cute.... and ones name is Drew!

And I was leaning towards Derek as the cute one
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Drew and Derek were on an episode of "Berman & Berman" on Discovery Health, which aired on 5/24. The show was discussing twins and its effect on relationships (divorce rates, etc.).

A transcript can be found here.

Ah, this one's even more interesting. Derek apparently married a girl a couple months ago, and it's had some twin-friction. I especially like this quote:

"I mean I went through a couple bad relationships just learning, because you have to really kind of, if you're gonna keep anyone around you have to adjust your life like, you just can't drop everything to go do something with your brother, you know, so."

Hmm, apparently you CAN.

From MMF:

MALE MODEL CRUSHES
    Superhotties confess who they're dying to date

Drew Riker - "Valeria. She has the most gorgeous blond hair and exotic eyes."

Derek Riker - "Helena Christensen because of her femininity and pretty eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast