+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Derek and Drew

I figured that was a Herb Ritts photograph, but I never checked it out to make sure.

It's a shame he gone. He was a very talented photographer/video director.

John: I just wanted to revive this thread to mention that Herb Ritt, the famous celebrity photographer who recently passed away, was the guy who took the now-infamous "nude" photos of Derek & Drew that's led to the incorrect speculation that they might be gay.
    Ritts was a genius. He was big into the homoerotic/homosexual, if I am not mistaken. I don't know a thing about D & D's true sexuality. Do any of us? If that was them posing butt-naked, with the one's hand behind the other's neck, well, let's just say that speculation is just what the photographer was trying to effect, and the brothers probably were using youthful judgement rather than acceding to any avocation royalty--in other words, would not likely pose that way again now that they are older, unless they were really hard-up for cash. And if they weren't, no harm, no foul: it's none of my darn business!

One of them's married, and the other is dating Flo. So, although one apparently has impaired judgement, I doubt either of them is gay.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course, it's just that the picture caused a lot of speculation, and it's apparent that's what it was meant to do. But it just ain't true.

Originally posted by John
    One of them's married, and the other is dating Flo. So, although one apparently has impaired judgement, I doubt either of them is gay.
    John!

Who would have thought that a former FBI Director [ J. Edgar Hoover] wore dresses and had a boyfriend? Rock Hudson was madly in love with Doris Day, in the movies... Appearances can be deceiving, and marriages can be of convenience. I'm not implying that D & D are similar to the aforementioned characters: I wouldn't know. And simply because we viewers believe a certain way, well, this doesn't have any impact on reality game show contestants personal lives, which as I said, are none of our darn [mine, anyway] business. That's all I'm getting at.

LG.
    There have been a number of TAR teams with openly gay men, including team Guido from TAR 1, Danny and Oswald from TAR 2, and Andrew and Aaron from two separate teams from TAR 3. Neither of the twins are openly gay or at least didn't choose to state that in the bios on the CBS website (which does list the aforementioned 6 contestants as gay), so that is all there is really to this discussion in my opinion.

back to Derek and Drew, BravoFan was able to figure out which was which, but I never had a clue until they called each other by name. Anyone else able to figure out the distinctions between Derek and Drew?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Derek always had his wedding ring on, if that helps.

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    There have been a number of TAR teams with openly gay men, including team Guido from TAR 1, Danny and Oswald from TAR 2, and Andrew and Aaron from two separate teams from TAR 3.
    *cough* Ken *cough*

LG.
    Oh that's right Lobeck, how could I forget Ken?
    Sorry Ken, I KNEW that, of course.

We can always count on Lobeck to remind us who is openly gay.

and John, I'm notoriously bad at noticing people's wedding bands and engagement rings. Good thing I'm married and not on the dating scene, eh?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

lurkingirl: but I never had a clue until they called each other by name. Anyone else able to figure out the distinctions between Derek and Drew?
    I believe Derek's face is a bit longer and thinner than Drew's. Derek appeared to have a slightly convex profile nose--possibly suggesting higher testosterone levels during development--while Drew's nose appears to be more classically straight in profile: ">".
    Drew may also be a fraction shorter than his brother, but the tricky editors of TAR seem to have varied camera shots/angles to some end which I can't exactly conceive at this point in time. Might have been part of that art house ending that they conjured up, you know, giving the Flo and Zach win a "Requiem for a Dream" / "A Clockwork Orange" kind of feel.

+ Reply to Thread