+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ray & Yolanda - Season 9

I am getting a bickering all the time vibe from these two.
    Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

Me too. I don't think i'll like them much. Hopefully, that will change.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I like their debut, the way Ray handled the locals checking Yolanda out was great! He totally kept his cool and minimized the distraction. They seem like a great pair, but I keep thinking they're going to make silly mistakes. Hopefully not though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb View Post
    I like their debut, the way Ray handled the locals checking Yolanda out was great! He totally kept his cool and minimized the distraction. They seem like a great pair, but I keep thinking they're going to make silly mistakes. Hopefully not though!
    I thought it was totally cool that she was the one figuring out how to put it together and that he was willing to take direction. No ego-filled gender roles going on here (in spite of the heckling of the macho men on the sidelines).
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

So far, I like this team. I thought it was so cute when Yolanda "scolded" Ray for "bugging" the cab driver. "How would you like it if a big black guy was standing behind you asking (in a deep voice): Are we close?" She made me laugh.

At the same time, it made me realize how rampant racism is in the States. If I'm not mistaken, a large number of Brazilians are very dark skinned, so I don't think the "black man" thing was a concern for the cab driver.

I like these two so far- especially Yolanda.
    And I sing sometimes like my life is at stake because you're only as loud as the noises you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb View Post
    It's entirely possible they just didn't invest valuable screen time showing the ten thousand times he might have glared menacingly at that unruly group of horndogs.

I'm not sure I understand why they didn't simply pick their stuff up and move inside, especially after a few of the other teams left room inside.

Still, they seem like good people so far. Unless they were just so tightly edited we didn't get to see the true them.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I like them.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

they did nothing to endear themselves to me........they dident make me hate them either....they where just "there"........

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    So far, I like this team. I thought it was so cute when Yolanda "scolded" Ray for "bugging" the cab driver. "How would you like it if a big black guy was standing behind you asking (in a deep voice): Are we close?" She made me laugh.

At the same time, it made me realize how rampant racism is in the States. If I'm not mistaken, a large number of Brazilians are very dark skinned, so I don't think the "black man" thing was a concern for the cab driver.
    There is racism in Brazil (and so goes the world, unfortunately). The lighter-skinned Brazilians are more favoured & have a (perceived) more desirable appearance (think of the model Gisele Bundchen for example. Heck, think of any Brazilian model - they're all pretty pale). Whereas the darker-skinned Brazilians are less favoured socially and tend to comprise the lower castes of Brazilian society (think of the denizens of the favelas). How big exactly a role racism plays in their society though I don't know.

Ray looked rather peeved at the men cat-calling at Yolanda. But he didn't stop and argue and just stayed on track, which was good. They seemed to work pretty well together. Hopefully they will keep it up.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread