+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake & Michelle - Season 9

I just noticed that the shaven Lake has a semblance to actor Alec Baldwin.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Quote Originally Posted by ttlyeightgirl View Post
    I'm getting a slight Jonathan Vibe outta this guy a small one mind you but it's still there!
    Yeah, I'm getting a GREAT BIG HUGE Jonathan vibe from him. Especially this early. Uber competitve, thinks he's fabulous at everything, can't admit when he's wrong.

Uh, partially at fault? Although, Michelle should have did a cursory double check before she made the call.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aota Bass View Post
    Also, what was with Lake's obsession with Ray & Yolanda??? "We're ahead of the blacks, right? Oh shoot, the black people are catching up!" I thought those little comments were pretty disturbing...

I took that as partly that was the only team they found an easy distinguishing physical characteristic about (i.e. it's easier to ask people "Where's the black team" when there's only one), but also I noticed Lake (*snort* stupid name) telling his wife "that black girl is going to outrun you" or something similar at the airport, which was a bit more disturbing. I guess we'll see. At the moment I'm less concerned with possible racism than with Lake's apparent jerkiness. Whichever team called him "Scott Peterson," that cracked me up.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Two thoughts.

1) Even if Lake and Michelle had decided on "traditional" male-female roles for their marriage, it doesn't mean that he'd have to treat her like dirt. Being from a very conservative part of the country, I've seen plenty of marriages where the couple had the man as undisputed head of the household and the wives were still treated with love and respect.

2)I think that Lake just kept track of the Ray/Yolanda team because they were often neck and neck with that team in some of the tasks. I don't necessarily think it was racist, even if it was disturbing to hear his redneck bellowing about "blacks". I cringed every time he opened his mouth.

I really think that Lake is just a jerk no matter what the skin color is of the people he's being a jerk to. I think he's an equal opportunity jackass.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I tend to agree with you Stargazer, Lake is simply a jerk. For a couple that kept touting about how smart he was he sure made some silly mistakes.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting a GREAT BIG HUGE Jonathan vibe from him. Especially this early. Uber competitve, thinks he's fabulous at everything, can't admit when he's wrong. Uh, partially at fault? Although, Michelle should have did a cursory double check before she made the call.
    It always seems like we get one guy for this race who comes right out of the 1950s with his control issues. A guy who would be very happy with a Stepford wife.

in a small small world made of green and blue :)
    someone please tell Lake to shut up. such an obnoxious guy!

maybe it's the pressure, maybe it's fatigue...who cares? he still gets in to my nerves and makes me want to scream at him.

i get a feeling that he should always get his way and thinks that he is king of the world. poor michelle..but great job of her putting up with him for 13 years!
    `~`~ When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the world would know PEACE.

I dont know how she does it either, he is a loose cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by blah View Post
    i get a feeling that he should always get his way and thinks that he is king of the world. poor michelle..but great job of her putting up with him for 13 years!
    Really? Personally I think that there's something wrong with someone who will put up with that much crap for that much time. A sane woman (though why a sane woman would marry such a schmuck in the first place) would have left before the first anniversary.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Really? Personally I think that there's something wrong with someone who will put up with that much crap for that much time. A sane woman (though why a sane woman would marry such a schmuck in the first place) would have left before the first anniversary.
    I agree. I don't think that i'd last one day with someone who felt comfortable shouting at me to "get my ass moving" all the time. If he'd told me, for example, to "get your ass up that mountain", I would have promptly sat down and waved at teams who passed us by until he apologized and swore on his life that he'd never speak to me that way again. :nono
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread