+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling Reality TV experts!!!

Larry

Calling Reality TV experts!!!

Hi all! A couple quick (?) questions? I would appreciate anyone who knows...
    First, my wife and I are having a big debate, it was either an episode of "Lost" or one of the Amazing Race's...some guy earned some money for continuing the trip by dancing in a gay bar. Sound familiar to anyone? Pass on the info; a week's worth of housecleaning is riding on this one!
    Also, is there a place to get videos/DVD's of past reality shows? (Lost, Amazing Race, etc.?) Thanks for any help! Larry

Must have been Lost, because it didn't happen on TAR. I only caught like 1 episode of Lost, though, so I can't say for sure. But I've seen all the TARs.

I don't think they've released DVD's yet of either of those shows, but you might have some luck on eBay for bootlegged videotapes, if there's an episode you missed.

And Welcome!

labtech
    There was an episode of Meet The Folks where one of the dirty secrets about one of the guys is that he danced in a gay bar in his underwear for money. The parents wasn't sure if he was gay or not and I think they finally decided that he wasn't but he was the first to leave the house. I don't remember this happening on TAR but lord knows I could be wrong!

Hmmmm, a weeks worth of housecleaning is a very bad bet to lose.

I didn't see all of Lost, but my bet would definately be that it was on Lost as I can't remember it being on TAR.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I never watched Lost but it definitely wasn't on TAR
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Larry
    Thanks gobs for the replies! My bet was that it was a "Lost" team! (However my wife is still holding out for the specific team and/or episode...) So, any "Lost" fans out there have more details? Thanks again, Larry

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Larry - she sounds as stubborn as I am when I get into a debate with Mr. Bravo!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I tried to search for stuff on LOST. It seems as though all record of the show has been wiped off the face of the earth! I found some links for LOST forums and articles, but when I went there the pages "could not be found"
    I guess your wife won't just take our words for it will she?
    Good luck
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It wasn't on the first run of Lost, which I foolishly watched to its train-wreck conclusion. But I think I read that the cutie couple in the second version had to dance for more money. That was one of the most terrible aspects of Lost: they were given so little money that they had to beg, steal, connive, and generally demean themselves to continue the race. Unbelievable.

Anyway, hope that helps, Larry. I think you've won the bet. Be sure to sit around with an umbrella drink while you watch your wife dust the figurines this week. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

Welcome to the FORT, BTW.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Larry

U guys rock

Thanks for helping to prove "my side"!! (In your honor, I just left a dirty dish out...) Joann is fairly convinced it was "Lost". We are big fans of "Survivor", "Big Brother", and "The Amazing Race", but I must have been blissfully ignorant as to what was happening on "Lost". (And likewise, could find no hide nor hair of the thing on the net...) She was remembering this couple (maybe brother and sister?) and the guy doing "whatever it took" to make money. I wasn't sure that "Lost" even HAD couples (I was thinking they were all individual players). Anyway, she was holding out for "give me the name of the couple, episode, etc." but I think she sees that you have rallied (YEAH!) for "my side". (And I just KNEW it was TAR!) So again, thanks gobs for the insights. If someone would ever happen onto any legitimate info about it, please pass it along. . . And I'll dirty a plate in your honor too! :-) Now it's on to tonite's Big Bro finale! Larry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast