+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is the race over for anyone else?

I have to admit, watching the Weavers screw up is probably the best part of the show now... *evil laugh*

Oh, besides the Linz hotties!

CCL
    I'm watching. The Paolos really annoyed me, apart from the last couple of episodes where they were okay. So I'm not heartbroken that they are gone. I'm rooting for the Linzes first, Bransens second. Luckily it comes down to a final 3 - if it was just 2, and those 2 were the Godlewskis and the Weavers, I don't think I'd bother watching.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    I admit it. My primary reason for watching at this point is to see the Weavers being smote down by the wrath of the lord.
    If that didn't happen, I'm watching in hopes that the Weaver's lose. It'd be great if they got beat by the Godlewski's, since that's the one team that seems to bother them the most. I almost gave up on this family version, and while I hope they never do it again (because then I really will give up on the show) I'm still watching. I really like the Linz's (too bad they couldn't have cut the team in half and sent Megan and one of her brothers on a normal race), the Godlewski's and Bransen's, and I'm to the point where I like them just as much as teams on the other seasons. I still wish they hadn't gone this route, but I've stuck with the show, it'll be done in a few weeks, and at least there's TAR9 to look forward to.
    I'm expecting a third place finish from them, but half the time the worst team in the final three ends up winning, so it would not surprise me. I can't imagine them actually winning. My money's on Godlewskis or Bransens, whichever one makes it to the final three.
    There's only been two times in TAR's history where I've really despised the winner, one time where the team I was rooting for from the start won, and the rest were teams like the Bransen's are to me. I'm just rooting for them to beat the Weaver's, but I don't really want them to beat the Linz's or Godlewski's. If the Weaver's can't lose in a foot race to the finish line, it'd also be nice to see them get a Guido ending, where they're stuck in another state and have to read about the other teams crossing the finish line. But considering they're already in the states, I doubt that will happen.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-09-2005 at 07:47 PM.

FORT Fan
    Well I am still anticipating the Linz coming in 1st for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit88
    Ah, but what if the Weavers win?
    It'll top Flo & Zach's victory as WORST WIN EVER! I'm debating on whether or not I should go back and proclaim I'm a fan of theirs just to jinx them. The moment I added into my signature and that Jonathan and Victoria rocks they were gone, maybe I should do that again.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    It'll top Flo & Zach's victory as WORST WIN EVER! I'm debating on whether or not I should go back and proclaim I'm a fan of theirs just to jinx them. The moment I added into my signature and that Jonathan and Victoria rocks they were gone, maybe I should do that again.
    I didn't mind them winning. I was much more disappointed with the wins from the last 3 seasons, particularly 5 and 7.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb
    Do it Mrs Cwebb! (By the way, your Aussie husband (aka Eric Bana) is fine. ).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by user name
    I didn't mind them winning. I was much more disappointed with the wins from the last 3 seasons, particularly 5 and 7.
    Put me down for Freddy and Kendra as least favorite winners ever. At least 1/2 of the Zach/Flo team deserved to win. While the winners in 5 and 7 weren't the most deserving in my book (that would be Chip/Kim and Joyce/Uchenna, right?) at least they were likable and, in the case of J/U, did have a pretty difficult comeback at the end.

The Weavers would be right up there with Freddy and Kendra, though.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by momof2dogs
    Put me down for Freddy and Kendra as least favorite winners ever. At least 1/2 of the Zach/Flo team deserved to win. While the winners in 5 and 7 weren't the most deserving in my book (that would be Chip/Kim and Joyce/Uchenna, right?) at least they were likable and, in the case of J/U, did have a pretty difficult comeback at the end.

The Weavers would be right up there with Freddy and Kendra, though.
    I still have Flo at the bottom of my list. Zach was her partner so by default he goes right down there with her. I would have rather seen someone else win TAR5 & 7, but the two teams I hated didn't win and I liked Chip/Kim and Uchenna/Joyce, so I was happy for them. It was kind of nice to finally see someone not in their 20's and/or an alpha male pull it off.

I'm watching but not too seriously. This isn't my favorite season by any means. I don't have the same hatred of the Weavers that everyone else does. I look at them and see a family learning to get by, struggling to come together and move on without the person who meant more to them than anyone in the world. It would be so incredibly difficult to do. I would probably be a lot more crazy than they are. In truth, I think they get along so much better as a family unit than many of the others. The sisters are the team that really drives me crazy. Petty and immature.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast