+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVictor
    There's a Sharon? And you can tell them apart? It's as if you were there. You pay way to close attention to the details, but good call. I love the attention to details. That's why I come to FORT, to find the things I'm missing.

But sometimes it seems the things I'm missing weren't even on the show at all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo
    For the first point. The Gaghans were right behind the Paolo's when they got off the bus. It really would have been a footrace, had Tammy not slipped and fell.
    The editing of these shows is not always what it seems to us when we watch it. Just ask JLuvs and LAGuy (JLuvs posts here, but not sure about LAGuy). They were able to give us a HUGE amount of insider info about editing during RockStar:INXS. If it wasn't for them, I'd have believed a LOT of what I saw on tv. But they both were in the audience of Rock Star and the stuff they cleared up was amazing.

So I don't always believe what I'm seeing as the producers and editors make it appear to be a lot different than it really is. Reality Tv is a misnomer anyway. It's a "created" reality in a lot of cases.

And TAR doesn't have a live audience to clear up the editing questions. So I find it interesting that there is insistance on things that happen during the race when none of us really know for sure, unless we were one of the racers or crew involved in the show.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog
    The editing of these shows is not always what it seems to us when we watch it.
    Actually, the Gaghans said "We can beat them! Stop! Stop!" to the busdriver as they were pulling up to the fast forward. They could see the Paolo's and, had Tammy not slipped, would have gotten the fast forward.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo
    Actually, the Gaghans said "We can beat them! Stop! Stop!" to the busdriver as they were pulling up to the fast forward. They could see the Paolo's and, had Tammy not slipped, would have gotten the fast forward.
    I think that's going a little far OrangeDingo. They would have had a chance to beat the Paolos if Tammy hadn't slipped, but the Paolos still might have beaten them even if she hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I think that's going a little far OrangeDingo. They would have had a chance to beat the Paolos if Tammy hadn't slipped, but the Paolos still might have beaten them even if she hadn't.
    Had she not slipped, we would have lost a classic TAR moment!
    Welcome, evacuees! Over 4600 served!

Eight thoughts.

1) How long has it been since there has been a leg of the race that included a FF that didn't turn out to be an NEL? Are we talking years?

2) If Phil HADN'T said "the most popular American sport in Panama" but said simply "the most popular sport in Panama"--do you think there'd be nitpickers on this message board pointing out that baseball is an American sport?

3) Whatever happened to clues? Like..."if you want to find Ricardo Diaz, you might want to look for the (insert latin name of a bird or plant)"

4) Whatever happened to detours that offered a choice as to why one might pick one or the other? (I miss Phil saying "while the task isn't physically demanding, finding the blah blah blah in a stack of blah blah blah...may take a long time.")

5) The question was asked earlier about prizes for winning legs. I believe that every leg THIS season has had a prize...and USUALLY the prizes are traded out for in sponsorship (although THIS season had a cash prize--I doubt the US Treasury ponied THAT prize up.)

6) The question was asked earlier about why the Weavers are so disliked. Well, they aren't very smart (as in "Pennsylvania, Washington State, 5 Great Lakes, Burrito and, my personal favorite, "we don't know how an airport works.") They aren't very mature (as in the meltdown in the bus, followed by the bizarre behavior at the Waffle House, the "we can't go to a racetrack," the "you shouldn't razz my son who's trying to hit a baseball"--I'm sorry, it's baseball...smile, laugh it off, deal with it...don't freak out about other people being rude--and that means YOU TOO Linz's.) They are hypocritical (as in telling the Linz's boat driver to go slow but then to complain about the Linz's chatter at the baseball park.) And I can't stand self-centered self-righteousness...so, I hate the "help me find this clue, Jesus" stuff--whether it comes from Nikki & Brandon or from the Weavers. (Note that this is different than being scared and praying for strength or protection...or even just an acknowledgement of good fortune--but to suggest that an Intelligent Designer would actively involve One's self with helping one team figure out a clue on a leg of a reality television game show...and to repeatedly vocally rely on such a suggestion will spur my frustration and distaste with anyone. That means YOU TOO, Kurt Warner.)

7) I can't believe no one mentioned Tammy Gaghan's face plant into the back of the Paolo's bus when it happened in the play-by-play posts you guys were sharing early in this thread. It looked and sounded ugly--and there's a little evil part of me that was amused that Tammy was tripped up because Carrissa ran into her... I'm glad she wasn't this season's Mary Jean after that.

8) Admission time. I'm not upset that the Paolos are still in the race--they DO make good television, I'm sad to say...(sad, because I generally like my TAR teams to be like Kris & Jon and not like Jonathon & Victoria.) I don't hate the Gaghan's as much as I thought I would--the Rugrats have been decent and the parents haven't been as annoying as I thought they'd be. The Linz's might still the team that I'm rooting for, but they're not running the race I thought they were capable of running when the season started. The Bransen's and the Godlewski's, despite their best efforts, seem nearly invisible to me...even with seeing a bare-assed Bransen and a bikini-bottomed Godlewski. That leaves the Weavers--and I think it's silly for the TEAMS in the RACE to dislike them as much as the Pink Ladies and the FratBoys & Girl seem to--and, as a viewer sitting from the comfort of his couch...I just don't like 'em.

pg--(since there's no elimination, there's no reason to update my pre-race prediction thread...)--seattle

What fun, I would really like the dirt on the Weavers, they seem to have alienated everyone on the race and that can be hard to do. I was really hoping that the Gaghans would not be eliminated, just because they are racing with the 2 youngest kids and I would like to see them do well, as the kids seem to be a bit of a handicap except for the fact they are runners.

The Paolos. mmm... what can one say about them. Hate'em/lov'em, it was a a great moment to see DJ and mom bungee jump. Too bad the love won't last long.

At one point in the show, there was a quick
    "Great Moments in TAR History"
    showing Colin & Christie vs. the Bowling Moms on the climbing wall,
    and I thought:
    I wonder if we'll see a "My ox is broken!" meltdown in this season's TARLite?
    Nah, doubt it........

FORT Fan
    Im so tired of AR making the last 2 teams seem like they are getting there close to the same times and tryign to make it suspensful. Don't take us for fools, we knwo its not always that close, its close when one team runs to the mate and another team arrives while dude is still talking to him. same way they ended last seasons trying to make it look close that rob and amber were almost there to win.

+ Reply to Thread