Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ideal Top Three?

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I thought 2nd place got something! Are you sure? I coulda swore that the other seasons had some monetary prize for 2nd place..maybe even 3rd.
    I'm pretty sure they don't get any monetary reward (unless they got it for finishing first on a particular leg of the race). I would think that an adventure of a lifetime would be sufficient

1. Bransen
    2. Gaghan
    3. Weaver
    4. Linz
    5. Godlewski
    6. Paolo

I like the top four and do not care for the bottom two.

FORT Fogey
    Linz
    Bransen

I don't really have to pick 3, do I? Most seasons it's not that bad, but I can't see anyone else I'd actually root for this season. I would not have had a problem listing Aiellos if they didn't get screwed by stupid race planning. Even the Bransens I'd probably generally be rooting against at some point because the father's an old man. However, the 3 fit people on the team should be able to make up for what he lacks, and I suspect their interactions with the Linzes will be more entertaining than anything the rest of the cast would throw at us (this is also what's gonna help carry both of them far). If I had to pick a third team, I'd say Godlewski just because I don't want any kids to make it that far.

I thought 2nd place got something! Are you sure? I coulda swore that the other seasons had some monetary prize for 2nd place..maybe even 3rd.
    I was under this impression as well, though no exact figure has ever been mentioned.

New Standings:

Bransen: 24
    Linzs: 24
    Gaghans: 20
    Godlewskis: 14
    Weavers: 9
    Paolos: 4

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo
    I'm pretty sure they don't get any monetary reward (unless they got it for finishing first on a particular leg of the race). I would think that an adventure of a lifetime would be sufficient
    Actually, no. All teams do get some sort of reward, although obviously the first eliminated team gets less money than the second-placers. However, they do get prizes just for placing.

My pick would be:
    1-Weaver
    2-Gaghan
    3-I don't really care, but I'll say Godlewski

My Ideal Top 3 would be:
    1) Weavers
    2) Bransens
    3) Linzes

I love the Weavers so their top placement is a given for me. The Bransens, on the other hand, is the most surprising family in this edition. Two #1 legs in a row is unexpected. Besides, I'm growing fond of them. The Linzes are definitely strong, although with the tendency to get scattered with their strategies along the way. I'd be happy with these three families racing for the million dollars.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Actually, no. All teams do get some sort of reward, although obviously the first eliminated team gets less money than the second-placers. However, they do get prizes just for placing.
    That's right; second place gets $50,000, third gets $25,000. Not sure on the rest. And this is combined, not each.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Now I am educated! Thank you!

1) Linz
    2) Bransen
    3) I don't care, either Godlewski or Gaghan

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast