+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Weaver Family

FORT Newbie
    I understand that some of you don't want religion mentioned at all... but remember this is reality tv (so we are watching these people live their real lives) I know if I was on there, the camera might catch me praying because that is what I do in reality.

You got to remember this family lost their husband/dad instantly and with their strong in faith, of course, they are going to ask others about Jesus. Maybe it is silly to some of you, but caring people with faith do want others to know about Jesus, so they may have eternal life as well.

All I am saying is they are entitled to live their lives how they want and if that is praying and asking others, then so be it. I have a friend that is an atheist and I do listen to her opinions, but just because she asks me questions and tells me her views - I don't feel that is forcing her way of life on me (it is sharing her beliefs)

God Bless the Weavers and I hope that they make it to the end!

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    I like the Weavers and would like to see them make it far. Sometimes the religion thing bothers me with other teams but not really this one. It just seems to be part of them. I am glad that their religion helped them deal with their loss.
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    Because the Christian right has turned it into a big club to hit those who aren't just like them. People's religion is (or should be) a personal and private matter, much like whom one is sleeping with or how much one makes.
    I know exactly what you're saying Rattus; there are a lot of religious hypocrites out there. Many people judge others (which is one thing it says NOT to do in the Bible) and condemn them and thus give people a bad impression of Christianity. But religion is not something I think should be "hush-hush" all the time. Religion is very much an aspect of people's lives and it shouldn't have to be silenced just because other people are going to get offended or uncomfortable. I understand that people will get offended if they are being condemned or judged, but sharing religion with people is a great thing. I don't think the Weavers judged or condemned anyone, so I think for viewing audiences to get offended is bit pointless. I'm trying not to get too far off topic of the subjects of this thread, but I feel there are some things that need to be addressed/cleared up.

I understand your point, cowchpotaytoe, but I think a lot of people are more annoyed than offended by the constant referrals to the lord in the same way they would be annoyed by anyone's constant referrals to anything, ie. pinky swears and moral superiority (to reference another show). Yes, I did bring up the battering the areligious amongst are taking, but truly, it's the water-torture quality irritation of the constant repetition that's really getting to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

^ I agree that things naturally become annoying and repititious when they are mentioned over and over, but, in my opinion, as soon as religion is mentioned, it seems to hit a deeper nerve with people than most other subjects. I don't think it can be compared on the same level as pinky swears, etc. (BTW, I knew which show you were referring to . My FAVORITE!) Anyway, my real confusion was about why religion is such a tense subject for people. After it is mentioned, a stable conversation (like ours) never seems to be able to hold; instead, bashing sessions take place like some have on the previous pages of this thread. There's really no need for that. That's really all I had to say .

Quote Originally Posted by allysm
    Rachel looks like DJ from Full House.
    Thank you, I was just about to type that. I agree!

This family is seriously scaring me with their stupidity/lack of education. In episode 1 we have the mother asking if Pennsylvania was a state (or something to that effect) and then this week we have the blonde daughter asking if Washington DC is in Washington state.

Please, dear Lord, help us.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    This family is seriously scaring me with their stupidity/lack of education. In episode 1 we have the mother asking if Pennsylvania was a state (or something to that effect) and then this week we have the blonde daughter asking if Washington DC is in Washington state.

Please, dear Lord, help us.
    The Pennsylvania thing wasn't quite so bad. That was the mother overthinking. What she actually said was something like do they mean the state. The Washington DC line, on the other hand, was just hilarious. Yes, your next task is to drive 3,000 miles across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    The Pennsylvania thing wasn't quite so bad. That was the mother overthinking. What she actually said was something like do they mean the state. The Washington DC line, on the other hand, was just hilarious. Yes, your next task is to drive 3,000 miles across the country.
    That would have been priceless if they actually started driving to the state of Washington. I wonder if the producers would step in at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    This family is seriously scaring me with their stupidity/lack of education.
    Why get an education when Jesus will see you through.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread