+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Weaver Family

HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    The Weavers are an early favorite, for me, along with a few other teams. They seem to work well as a team and have a great attitude. They seem to be having alot of fun.

The religion issue seems to be a great foundation for them as a team and the fact that they are willing to share it with the world would seem to only strengthen their team. At least they have the same views and ideals to work from and are not screaming and berating each other.

Go Weavers!
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

I like the Weavers! I think that for the most part, they're really driven and focused, and it's really touching to know that their incentive for winning is as simple as winning for their late father. I'm expecting a lot out of these guys!
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

I don't understand the hostility towards religion in this thread. Somebody posted that they can't stand seeing religion on reality shows... but it's a REALITY show and religion is something that you'll commonly find as a part of REAL people's lives. Big deal; the Weavers pray. I watched Kaysar pray 5 times a day on my live feeds in the Big Brother house, but never once did I say that 'he was imposing his religion on other people' or 'being TOO religious' nor did I like him any less; in fact, I respected him more for being open about his religion to other people. My opinion is, if praying is what you believe is going to help you gather up your strength and thoughts and make it to the next pit stop, then be my guest. More power to you! People should be able to use any method they want to focus their thoughts as long as they're not hurting themselves or other people.

Someone else said that the Weavers were being insensitive because they were 'using their father's death as their sob story to get on the show'. I think that's a very bold statement to make as a viewer of the show and a bit harsh.

Overall, I like the Weavers because they seem like genuine people. Instead of being like the Paolos and yelling at each other when they're frustrated, they pray. And that's perfectly fine. They shouldn't have to change the amount of time they talk about God just because America is watching them and might get upset. The only thing that grates on my nerves about the Weavers is that they're loud and a bit obnoxious at times (which I hope will calm down as the race progresses)..... And that's basically my two cents .

I like them! I love how they love each other, I think doing this experience together will help those kids get through their grief. It is a great experience and I love that they pray together and are not worried about showing their true selves. Congrats and I hope you go far Weaver Family!
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

I wanted to like this family as I was left a widow when my sons were 2 and 6, so I can empathize. However, they lost me when they asked a perfect stranger if he knew Jesus. They can pray all they want if that is what helps them, but leave others alone.

If someone came up to me and asked if I "knew Jesus," I'd say, "Yes, he wears a black cowboy hat and plays a great game of no-limit hold-em."

FORT Fogey
    I was bugged by the religious comment to the truck driver too. As far as I am concerned, religion is personal.

Do those who liked the Weaver's comments also like Tom Cruise's discussions of his religion?

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727
    I was bugged by the religious comment to the truck driver too. As far as I am concerned, religion is personal.

Do those who liked the Weaver's comments also like Tom Cruise's discussions of his religion?
    To answer the question: Personally, Tom Cruise can talk about his religion all he wants. I don't see what the big deal is. Obviously, I have my own opinions toward his religion, but, he's perfectly entitled to express his beliefs. I don't understand why religion has to be such a touchy subject sometimes.

Back on topic: My opinion on the truck driver thing was that I believe him saying "God bless you" to her sparked her question. Most non-Christians don't say "God bless you" to people on a daily basis, unless it is in response to a sneeze. So, to me, her question was completely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cowchpotaytoe
    I don't understand why religion has to be such a touchy subject sometimes.
    Because the Christian right has turned it into a big club to hit those who aren't just like them. People's religion is (or should be) a personal and private matter, much like whom one is sleeping with or how much one makes.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus
    Because the Christian right has turned it into a big club to hit those who aren't just like them. People's religion is (or should be) a personal and private matter, much like whom one is sleeping with or how much one makes.

Amen, to that!! (Pun intended!)

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    If someone came up to me and asked if I "knew Jesus," I'd say, "Yes, he wears a black cowboy hat and plays a great game of no-limit hold-em."
    Ha Ha. Good one.
    Or you could respond, "Yes, I do" and do you know "Phil Ivey?"

+ Reply to Thread