+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Weaver Family

Flipping out is screaming at a water buffalo (Colin remember him) and looking as if you are going to have a coronary not two girls dancing in a parking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Flipping out is screaming at a water buffalo (Colin remember him) and looking as if you are going to have a coronary not two girls dancing in a parking.
    LOL that's true, good point. I like this family...I'm not sure if it's editing or what, but seems like I'm always worried about them, maybe the backstory has something to do with that.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo
    As for the whole 'They completely ignored me' thing the Aiello's tried to pull. Is it possible they didn't even hear him? It was early morning, they were new to the idea of airports, and they needed to find out what to do.

Those mean Aiello's spreading nasty rumours.
    No, the SIL on the Aiello team specifically mentioned that a couple of the Weavers looked at him and just glared. Their not answering his question was deliberate, not a mistake.

Not that I believe that any team should have to share plane information, but it was quite clear that there was a lot more behind his comment.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I have to say that I am a little surprised, or maybe more disappointed in the way everyone is attacking the weavers praying. I mean to say it is wrong to pray for little things is rediculous. People who have faith (at the weavers do) should pray whenever they want. To say that God has better things to deal with is also rediculous. I mean he's God for crying out loud, I think he could handle it. Praying is not always some big,"Thank you God for this food and everything else) Praying to God for everything is more Christian than not. I understand if you are not a believer but to dislike a team just cause you hear them utter a few words to their almighty is just sooooo narrow minded. But those teams that call each other names and are totally disrespectful are just fine? I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose
    I have to say that I am a little surprised, or maybe more disappointed in the way everyone is attacking the weavers praying. I mean to say it is wrong to pray for little things is rediculous. People who have faith (at the weavers do) should pray whenever they want. To say that God has better things to deal with is also rediculous. I mean he's God for crying out loud, I think he could handle it. Praying is not always some big,"Thank you God for this food and everything else) Praying to God for everything is more Christian than not. I understand if you are not a believer but to dislike a team just cause you hear them utter a few words to their almighty is just sooooo narrow minded. But those teams that call each other names and are totally disrespectful are just fine? I just don't get it.
    I agree ... yay
    I have been a Weaver fan from the start

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose
    I have to say that I am a little surprised, or maybe more disappointed in the way everyone is attacking the weavers praying.
    Not just the praying. Everything. I still like them a lot. They didn't break down because of the race, they broke down because all of the pent up emotions from the fathers death. And I didn't see the Weavers glare at the Aiello's, I just heard the Aiello's complaining, and acting worse than a nine year old.

I can't figure out how to quote here, but the person who said that using God's name in vain is the same as praying for little things is very wrong. Everyone who says that being religious is a private thing that you should not talk about or share with other people is completely wrong. It's like telling the gay guy to keep it private and in the bedroom, but no calling you boyfriend honey in public. People have a right to believe what they want and pray to whoever they want whenever. Just because you are not comfortable with religion does that mean other people should not be allowed the right to have faith, pray and share their believes with others. It's part of what makes up who this family is, apparently. Having a relationship with God is an all day, full time thing. I don't think everyone is alloted only a certian amount of pray time. So the idea that they are "wasteing" their prayers on small things is comical.
    I know it sounds like I am some religious soap box preacher, but a lot of stuff being said here is wrong and very close minded. I don't think the problem is the weaver's faith and out loud praying (It probobly brings them together "When two or more gather in my name..."). I can't understand why calling each other names and disrespectfull behavior is more acceptable to everyone. It's not like this family is being judgemental and preaching to other teams (yet). They are just being who they are, a religious, spiritual family.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeDingo
    Not just the praying. Everything. I still like them a lot. They didn't break down because of the race, they broke down because all of the pent up emotions from the fathers death. And I didn't see the Weavers glare at the Aiello's, I just heard the Aiello's complaining, and acting worse than a nine year old.
    How was their breakdown last night related to their father's death?

And... you didn't see the Weavers glare at the Aiellos because they weren't onscreen. I'm just indicating that that is what the SIL and whomever he was talking to (I believe it was Stassi Schroeder) that they glared at him.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I thought it was disgusting of the Shroeder mother and Godwelsdigkslfjasfjlksd whatever their name is.. calling Rolly white trash- it was along the lines -hunter is sitting next to that white trash, blah blah- and for her to tell him not to talk to him is plain wrong.. let the kids be kids.
    I can relate to what was going on with the complaining of little sleep- it was probably the combination of excitement of going somewhere new and the fear of the unknown. I know that when I went to Ireland this past Feb- I was too dang excited, cranky of going someplace new.
    Last edited by cajro62; 10-12-2005 at 01:59 PM.
    Carey

You Dare Question Me? OrangeDingo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    How was their breakdown last night related to their father's death?

And... you didn't see the Weavers glare at the Aiellos because they weren't onscreen. I'm just indicating that that is what the SIL and whomever he was talking to (I believe it was Stassi Schroeder) that they glared at him.
    Did you not hear Rebecca say something along the lines of "We've had a rough year and a half, and it call came down on a stupid bus ride" (It was something like that, I can't remember the exact wording).

And the Aiello's (or just David, really) were ragging on the Weavers the entire race. Right from the beginning when he said "You guys are rowdy" in that distasteful voice I knew that they didn't like the Weavers. And if you didn't notice, he didn't exactly say it very loudly. I'm pretty sure they had other things on their mind, and probably didn't hear him, even though they apparently looked. Havn't you ever done that? You try to talk to somebody and they just stare at you, until you are like "..Hello?" and then they realize you are talking to them.

This episode I really saw a lot of bunk antagonism towards the Weavers. They really did nothing wrong. The Paolo's argue, whine, complain and yell, but the Weavers don't. They don't even swear (Re: "Aw... darn it!")

+ Reply to Thread