+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Rogers Family

Quote Originally Posted by bjones247
    I hope they'll stick around, although the son doesn't look too ambitious.
    Wow, didn't see them heading home so soon. Of course, the writing was on the wall when Pops sent them on a wild goose chase.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    the dad pissed me off when they were driving & was blaming the son! Hello, YOU are the one who gave the bad directions! At least later on he admitted his mistake, but still...too little, too late.
    It wasn't much of an admission. When he thought it was his son's fault he went on and on about blaming the driver but when he figured out he directed them East instead of West he admitted he was wrong but then said something about it was because he does everything. He deserved to lose.

The father was a hypocrite. Telling his son not to assign blame to others and then doing just that. Good riddance.

Leo
    Premium Member
    The Rogers made just about every mistake in the book - they got lost, didn't read the clue properly, and perhaps chose the wrong roadblock to do. Not really sorry or surprised to see them go.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    The Rogers made just about every mistake in the book - they got lost, didn't read the clue properly, and perhaps chose the wrong roadblock to do. Not really sorry or surprised to see them go.
    Also, weren't they the ones that told the Gaghans about the mistake in the the way they read the clue about the 2nd reflecting pool?? They point that out to another team which ends up passing them up by a LOT... Of course the Shroeders had no such sympathy to help the Gaghans with their mistake.
    This reveal cost the Rogers though... Of course with all their other mistakes, they didn't stand a good chance of winning. I'm curious as to how close they were in finishing behind the Paolos...
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

^^^ the difference was probably quite a lot. you know those editors...

I caught a bit of the Early Show interview this morning. The mother mentionned something about her being pretty hurt the whole time (from when she fell at the start). Apparently, they had to take her to an ambulance after the Civil war detour. Seems they edited out the gravity of her condition.

I didn't catch much of it. Maybe someone who did can elaborate.

FORT Regular
    She had a concussion from falling at the start. The family mentioned that she went downhill as the days passed, and by the last day, they "didn't even recognize this person." She's ok now. They have become close with the Schroeders, who lost it all in Katrina.

They also said that the finish wasn't close at all, maybe 20 minutes?

What annoyed me most of all is that during the dad's elimination speech, he talked about how he tried to teach his son how to take responsibility and be a good man. No mention at all of his daughter. Perhaps he expects her to just marry a guy whose dad taught him how to be a good man. That seems to be the way this family operates.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Last week I didn't pay much attention to this team, too much else was going on, but when it got to the final minutes of the leg I didn't care which team came in last and was eliminated. Both families were annoying, one with the mother and son interaction and the other with the overbearing father. I'm really surprised that the son still lives at home. I'll bet anything he's already got his escape figured out.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast