+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Andre and Damon

I think it was "hitching on and not letting go".
    Ken and Gerard realised they weren't going to get rid of them so they decided to work with them for this leg.
    I think that was a good decision, why bother to let animosity build up?
    I would be annoyed if another team just followed every move I made and would rather have them working with me than simply riding my coat tails.

Andre and Damon are nothing if not tenacious.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    They are still toward the bottom of my "like list". They gained a couple of points in my book last week by having the restraint to beat the heck out of H&E (something I couldn't have done!), when they blocked them.

But I disliked them a lot in the beginning so it will take much work to rise in my like rankings (which I'm sure is their #1 priority!! )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

See I never disliked them, and wanted them to do well. I have to agree with John though... they really have shown me nothing to prove that they should still be in the race. They are physically fit, and do well in the challenges, but haven't seemed to click yet
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    I'm liking them better, as they had the guts to admit that they were following Ken and Gerard and to offer them some cash, unlike Chris and Alex from last season, who just tagged behind and then counted on their superior athletic skills to jump in front at the crucial moment. They need to start reading some maps though.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

They certainly have a lot of potential.
    Hopefully that will be realised soon.

I would hate to see a repeat of the Chex win from last year.
    As you pointed out LG, they were very often "hangers on" and then had the fortune to benefit from their physical strength at the end.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Excellent point on Chex, LG.

I was annoyed at A/D's "remora" strategy. It basically works out to no strategy. Any knothead can be a suckerfish to better teams. Doesn't mean they're a good team themselves.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I have to wonder if they'll get a time credit for being detained. I know I'd be expecting it. Something beyond their control in the game.

They were actually in the running for a clean second place finish, until the cab driver dropped them in the middle of nowhere. Just bad luck, but taxis seem to make or break teams every year, and not knowing any foreign languages certainly hasn't helped these guys.

The remora strategy really helped them this leg, though...Most of it.

It had to be scary for them. Being dropped off in the middle of nowhere, in a foreign country, and to top it all off, getting detained.

Did you see their faces when they finally arrive at the pit stop? They weren't excited that they weren't eliminated. They were still in shock after their ordeal and finally hearing a familiar voice.

Even though it was something beyond their control, Phil did say that time is not credited back to the teams. Tough break for those 2.

*fixed typo

Man to have these two admit that they were scared proved to me that they must have been more than just scared.
    I wonder where they were, and why the officials saw fit to detain them.
    My daughter was freaking out watching that part.
    I agree Wolf, their faces spoke volumes at the pit stop. I thought maybe they didn't realize that they weren't out of it at first, but I'd wager that you are right and that they were still in shock.
    I'm interested in seeing what their time difference is next week.
    I honestly wish they would play the game more on their own. They can't really think they will win if they don't try to find their own way.
    I can't pinpoint why they are not doing better
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

It was dreadful, you could tell by the looks on their faces they were very scared.
    I think they should receive a time credit, but I also expect a big equalisation point on the next leg so they might not get one because of that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast