+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode 1 - "What if our parachute doesn't open?"

Episode 1 - "What if our parachute doesn't open?"

Amazing Race 3
    What If Our Parachute Doesn't Open?

“This race is even more intense than usual,” says host Phil Keoghan of the reality series' third edition, which begins in Miami. “We've upped the ante a little bit in terms of what they have to deal with mentally and physically.” One of the race's biggest challenges occurs at the start: The 12 groups of two---who are friends, couples or relatives---land in Mexico City and must go skydiving if they want a chance to get ahead of the pack. (The alternative? Participate in a donkey-cart race.) The circumnavigation of the globe occurs over 30 days, ends with a $1 million prize and covers 41,000 miles. “Hard miles,” says Keoghan. “And the teams feel every one of them. We burnt out.”

Also:

Contestant - (ripping open envelope like a gift on Christmas day) Detour!

Phil - A detour is a choice between two tasks...

In GERONIMO, the teams will have to go to this air strip and sky dive from 3000 feet in the air.

In BURRO, the teams will have to go to this stadium and participate in a donkey race.

Woohoo, Geronimo for me please.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sounds as though the race is getting tougher and tougher!
    Yes, fluff, I agree, GERONIMO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Of course that is something I've always wanted to try. I'd have a much harder time bungee jumping!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

LG.
    GERONIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ready Jenn? We're leaving the height-fearing brothers in the dust.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yikes! That's the only word that comes to mind
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

You wouldn't have trouble spotting my jump. I would be the one leaving a brown streak from the plane to the ground.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

LG.
    OMG Ili, thanks for that visual. I'm hoping to jump much earlier than Ili, as I don't want to slip on my landing.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think I'd want to climb on ol' Lightning and careen around the stadium on his light-speed burro ass (is that redundant?). My wife, though, would insist we leap to our doom, so we'd probably do that.

We always think of these challenges in terms of what we'd actually do as the dominant husband-wife team we know we'd be.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    Sounds a little more like the dominant wife-husband team, Paulie, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Nah, we wouldn't leap because she said so. We'd leap because she'd eventually convince me it's the smart thing to do. She's clever that way. And if she's going to die doing something insane, it would be wrenchingly romantic for me to go at the same time.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast