+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TAR3 Starting Point & First Stop!

TAR3 Starting Point & First Stop!

(Editor's note: Holy crap, they listened to me! They're starting in the Everglades!)

TWELVE COUPLES BEGIN THEIR VOYAGE IN A RACE AROUND THE WORLD WHEN THE REALITY/ADVENTURE SERIES "THE AMAZING RACE 3" PREMIERES WEDNESDAY, OCT. 2 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Twelve couples will compete in a race around the world with one couple taking home a $1 million dollar prize when THE AMAZING RACE 3, the next installment of the critically acclaimed series, premieres Wednesday, Oct. 2 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Phil Keoghan is the host of the series.

In the premiere episode, 12 diverse teams of two set off on the first leg of the race starting in the remote Florida Everglades and quickly make their way to the crowded streets of Mexico City. One team teams begs for money at an airport, and tensions escalate quickly when another team leaves their belongings in a taxi. Some embrace the thrill of skydiving, while one team must overcome an extreme fear of heights to stay in the race. Several twists occur as teams confront major obstacles on the way to the pitstop.

Okay, now I just double-checked this, and even though it came directly from CBS, it's totally apparent to me that everything after the words "Mexico City" are leftovers from TAR2, and were mis-edited.

I highly doubt that you're going to get ANOTHER team who begs for money at an airport and the teams skydive in the first episode. How stupid is that?

Anyway, they start in the everglades, and go to Mexico City. That much, I believe.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Great! I guess our Spanish should come in handy afterall, eh Tracey?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Somehow, I imagine Tracey's grip on Spanish to be somewhere around the level of Cedric the Entertainer's skit, "Que Hora Es?". If you didn't see it, they just throw out random phrases from first-year Spanish class, like "Donde esta el biblioteque?" (ok I forgot how to spell that in Spanish), and "El pollo loco es muy delicioso!"

But, it remains to be seen! I heard she's kind of ditzy!

John

LG.
    OMG, Jenn, we're totally going to win this leg as I've been to Mexico City. Only in Mexico, it's called D.F. (pronounced Day Effay), short for Mexico Districto Federal. And John, you are so wrong about my Spanish, as it was my minor in college and I was an exchange student in Mexico for a semester. I hope that we need to catch the shuttle bus to Cuernavaca (half an hour South of Mexico City), as that was the city that I lived in for 2 1/2 months 12 years ago. It would so kick ass if we needed to find the statue of Vicente Guerrera, as my host family house was 1 block from there. That is so like the type of challenge they would do on TAR as there is a statue, but also a street called Vicente Guerrea which is all the way across town and would get you totally off track if the cabbie took you to the wrong place (yup, done that). The problem I have with Spanish (besides the 12 years since I've spoken any) is conditional learning, I was drunk the whole time I learned Spanish, so I need to get drunk again to be able to speak it. Did I say that was a problem? Maybe we'll just have to delegate, I'll fill up on Dos Equis (XX) and Jenn can do all the driving.

This is going to rock!

I think our secret weapon for this leg is getting on the site and sending a PM to Mdrio or somebody else who can help us out. What was the address for the free translations site again?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oooh, I am so lucky to have such a well traveled partner!!

I can smell the $500,000 already!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    and El Pollo Loco, as John referenced, is actually a restaurant chain, so John either knows that or just happened to hit on something. Hmmm, maybe John will be helping us out from the site too.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Never been to Mexico. But, it's the phrase they used on Cedric's premiere...I wondered why they were telling me the crazy chicken was very delicious

+ Reply to Thread