+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Aaron and Arianne

Aaron and Arianne

From the officialTAR 3 website:

Aaron and Arianne have been friends for 15 years after meeting at the Florida Academy of Dramatic Arts. Aaron thought "she was beautiful, talented and developed a huge crush on her that lasted for years."

They are the best of friends and have traveled through life together: "it's been like a roller coaster--scary, thrilling and so much fun." They have shared many wonderful memories together and hard times as well. The only problem with being more than just friends is that Aaron is gay and Arianne is straight. As Arianne says, her biggest disappointment with Aaron is that "the baby they planned to have together some day will not be naturally conceived."

They both look at this experience as an opportunity to travel the world with their best friend. Aaron describes himself as passionate, loyal and manic, while Arianne describes herself as emotional, exotic and impulsive. They feel that they will win because of their physical abilities, agility, urban sensibility and, of course, their sense of humor.

The agree that the most important items in their backpacks are their iPod and wristbands, because as they say "music inspires us and our style inspires others." Aaron and Arianne are fluent in both body language and the international language of love.

Aaron received his B.F.A. from New York University and is now a pre-school teacher in New York. His birth date is November 12. Arianne attended Northwestern University and received her B.S. in speech. Her birth date is February 3.

QUESTIONS and ANSWERS:

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Aaron: I've done a lot of domestic and a little international traveling. It's all been a positive experience. I love to see new things, meet new people, and especially, eat new foods. I'm looking forward to seeing more.
    Arianne: I've had some good times in a small handful of countries. It's high time to cover the rest of the world.

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Aaron: The actual act of traveling. Airports have a tendency to stress me out, so does waiting in lines, large crowds and cramped spaces.
    Arianne: Obtaining airline tickets, long lines and misplacing my passport.

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Aaron: Our iPod & our wristbands. Music and style are integral parts of our lives, both individually and as a Team.
    Arianne: We have an iPod, wristbands and pretty Persian scarves. This is very important, because music inspires us, and our style inspires others.

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Aaron: The chance to check out of my day-to-day life and have the adventure of a lifetime with my best friend. Also, more and more, the money seems to be appealing.
    Arianne: I have nothing better to do than take a free trip around the world and win a million dollars.

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    Aaron: Yes. Domestic and short-term, but always a blast.
    Arianne: We have traveled through life together. It's been like a roller coaster: scary, thrilling and so much fun.

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    Aaron: Eating live insects and being in deep ocean waters.
    Arianne: I'm afraid of eating live bugs and the chance my parachute won't open.

What strengths and weaknesses do you bring to the Team?
    Aaron: I'm very focused. When I set my mind on something, it gets done. I can usually get what I want and I can multi-task with the best of them. My directness in getting things accomplished can sometimes be off-putting to others. I get so focused that I have a tendency not to recognize how I affect others. When task-mastering, I have no patience.
    Arianne: My strengths tend to be Aaron's weaknesses and vice versa. I tend to be more laid back and tolerant of the status quo, whereas Aaron brings a certain clear-minded focus. These traits can be strengths or weaknesses depending on the situation. We really complement each other in that way. We're both in the best shape of our lives and have a fierce endurance. We're agile and able to learn and adapt to awkward physical challenges. Our urban sensibility makes us well-suited to handle new cultures, and our sense of humor makes our weaknesses a little less weak and a lot more funny.

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
    Aaron: Arianne is compassionate, capable, determined and sexy. Her physical strength blended with her inner and outer beauty, sprinkled with her urban savvy, survival instincts and sense of humor, is a recipe for success. Her only weakness in relation to the Race might be her judgment with people. She wants to believe in everyone.
    Arianne: See my answer to the previous question.

What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
    Aaron: My cats, Siena and Sydney, first. But coming in a close second is my shower and all its gorgeous products.
    Arianne: I will miss my cat, Ming. I'll also miss my phone.

What languages do you speak?
    Aaron: The international language of love.
    Arianne: I speak body language fluently.

What destination are you hoping to visit?
    Aaron: I'd love to do some extensive European traveling, especially in the Mediterranean.
    Arianne: I have this Tokyo itch. I really want to check out Japan.

What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Aaron: Aside from language barriers, I feel confident that I'm prepared for anything or anyplace.
    Arianne: I lived in the U.K. for a semester during college. I know London pretty well and have visited Scotland and Wales. And the locals seem to have a real grasp of the English language.

Last edited by cali; 09-14-2002 at 02:17 PM.

A gay man and a straight woman planning to have a child together certainly makes for an interesting pairing.
    They seem to have a long-lasting and genuine friendship.
    The last two TAR's were won by male friends pairings, perhaps this couple can break that tradition.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-02-2002 at 11:22 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    These two both have a fear of eating live bugs. I think they've been watching Survivor and Fear Factor as I've never seen live bug eating or anything remotely close to that on TAR. Hopefully the TAR teams won't have to do a gross out challenge as I'd much prefer them to see places and do things that allow the players and viewers experience different parts of the world.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Is this the GOLD and SILVER team? I think I like them
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

They seem okay. Like a few other teams, they haven't really done much to make me think of whether I like them or not.

They did have a gross food challenge in the original show, chicken feet were on the menu of that one. I think they did somehting gross in the second series too.

I was actually really expecting not to like this team.
    I didn't like the way she traced a box with her hands when she said they think outside the box, but then it always annoys me when people do things like that.
    "That's Numberwang!"

They did well. I like Aaron more than Arianne, though.

They're rivalry against the Twins really got on my nerves. They don't seem to pay attention to the other teams who could be just as much or more of a threat to them. It's kind of ironic that the Twins finished first again though. Aaron, at that point, must have really been plotting.
    Last edited by Mdrio9; 10-16-2002 at 11:25 PM.

I really aren't keen on these two at all.
    I was glad the twins thwarted their pathetic attempts to rally the other teams against them - how juvenile.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I don't like these 2. Aaron said that the Twins were cocky, but I think it's the other way around. They think they are so cool since they are leading the alliance against the Wonder Twins. Hope they get screwed by their own alliance. He! He! That would be sweeeeeet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast